Pronger vs Makar

Which player would you choose?

• Prime Pronger

• Makar

Results are only viewable after voting.

FrankSidebottom

Mar 16, 2021
Pronger won his famous Hart during 25 years old season. Makar is playing his 25 years old season as well.

Two great and highly impactful D. Who would you take if given a chance, prime Pronger or prime (~ current) Makar?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
To me it's flip a coin and I'm extremely high on Pronger.

I also think that best primes is best 7 year consecutive period so there is some projection there but Makar just brings so much more offense and is also quite good defensively.

But man Pronger in the playoffs when the reffing is a little more relaxed was just a monster out there.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia

I also think that best primes is best 7 year consecutive period so there is some projection there but Makar just brings so much more offense and is also quite good defensively.

But man Pronger in the playoffs when the reffing is a little more relaxed was just a monster out there.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I think they're odd players to compare. You have to love the offense and the dynamism that Makar brings over what Pronger did - if anything you really should be comparing prime Pronger and prime Victor Hedman or Miro Heiskanen, they're more similar to his style than Makar is

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

What's wild is that pre-lockout his play style was almost a hindrance to the Blues. He was terrible in the playoffs. Like the D version of Primeau (pre-04). Then post-lockout he dials it up to 11 and for whatever reason the refs just ignore most of what they had been calling on him before.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
What's wild is that pre-lockout his play style was almost a hindrance to the Blues. He was terrible in the playoffs. Like the D version of Primeau (pre-04). Then post-lockout he dials it up to 11 and for whatever reason the refs just ignore most of what they had been calling on him before.
It would be wrong to view Pronger as terrible in the playoffs pre lockout sure he was better and in better situations post lockout but his offense simply isn't comparable to Makar at all here.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
It would be wrong to view Pronger as terrible in the playoffs pre lockout sure he was better and in better situations post lockout but his offense simply isn't comparable to Makar at all here.
The pre-lockout Blues were better teams than the '06 Oilers, late '00s Ducks or '10s Flyers. It's what highlighted their and Pronger's annual implosions in the playoffs.

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad