Projections for Sharangovich this season

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I think it’s more than just a hit and cold streak.
He looks completely different this season. He is not getting chances and has gone from looking like a dangerous player to a passenger. It’s like he is playing at 50% speed or something. Maybe they tried to get him to change up his play away from the puck and he lost whatever made him effective or ? His confidence is shot for one thing. But what scary is that he is not even getting any chances and is no where around the net and hardly has the pick now.
It really sucks he needs to pass waivers to be sent down because he needs to take a little time away from the big club to get some of his mojo back. Lock him in a room and play all his highlights form the last year on a never ending loop and force him to warch it for a week straight. Then release him and tell him to play like the guy in the video.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Correction, it started on Feb 2, 2020. I thought it had started a bit before that. That's still a long hot streak.
So 6 goals in 18 is what you are calling a "hot-streak"? 6 goals in the AHL in 18 games as a 22 year old?

It mean it was certainly better than the garbage he produced prior...But that isn't a hot streak. Or even anything to be encourage by.

Last edited:

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
2/9/20 1 g
2/12/20 -
2/14/20 1 a
2/15/20 -
2/17/20 1 g
2/19/20 1 g
2/21/20 -
2/22/20 1 a
2/28/20 2 a
3/1/20 -
3/6/20 1 a
3/7/20 1 g
3/8/20 -
3/11/20 2 g 1 a

14 GP 6 G 6 A 12 P

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
2/9/20 1 g
2/12/20 -
2/14/20 1 a
2/15/20 -
2/17/20 1 g
2/19/20 1 g
2/21/20 -
2/22/20 1 a
2/28/20 2 a
3/1/20 -
3/6/20 1 a
3/7/20 1 g
3/8/20 -
3/11/20 2 g 1 a

14 GP 6 G 6 A 12 P
So he scored 6 of his 10 goals in the final 14 games...ok. what was that Holtz first week this year?

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
It's not unrealistic to think that a 23 year old can improve over his 22 year old season. That happens all the time. In this case it went in the other direction. Don't really get the impulse to spike the football because you were right and the people hoping that a likeable young player would get even better ended up being wrong, but you do you.
I’m not saying it’s unrealistic to think a 23 year old can improve on his previous season. I think it’s unrealistic based on his skillset to think he is going to be much better. His toolbox isn’t that good. I think his production going down a bit was always more likely than it going up but I was hoping he could maintain something similar.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
So he scored 6 of his 10 goals in the final 14 games...ok. what was that Holtz first week this year?

Meh. You can't slice the baloney that way. He had a solid amount of points in his last 12-14 AHL games. He gets credit for his assists. He followed that up with good KHL production and then had a nice season last year for NJ. Look, "hot streak" is an opinion. I can't say you are wrong. What I can say is that if you ask the group here about the issue and they look at the numbers I am confident the majority would side with me on the question.

Also, Holtz is a terrible comparison to support your point. Holtz scored 5 goals in 4 games. If you want to use a small sample size at least don't pick one that would result in an 80 goal season.

All that aside, Shara is really struggling and it would be a shame if it was just a long hot streak.

Reactions: Oneiro

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I don not think it is a "cold streak" right now. I am more afraid that he is regressing to what he actually is? A cold streak to me would be him getting tons of shots still but getting unlucky and missing the net wide / hitting posts. Generating chances but just snake-bitten.
He is not doing much of anything right now. It sucks as I think he has lost all of his confidence and he has no idea on what or how to revert to the way to play when he was scoring ?Its like he forgot how to play the way he used to and is over thinking everything instead of just playing instinctually.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I don not think it is a "cold streak" right now. I am more afraid that he is regressing to what he actually is? A cold streak to me would be him getting tons of shots still but getting unlucky and missing the net wide / hitting posts. Generating chances but just snake-bitten.
He is not doing much of anything right now. It sucks as I think he has lost all of his confidence and he has no idea on what or how to revert to the way to play when he was scoring ?Its like he forgot how to play the way he used to and is over thinking everything instead of just playing instinctually.

Yup, this isn't a cold streak, its like a loss of ability to be an effective player completely. No speed, no tenacity on the puck, no shot, passing is wild, stickhandling is not great (pucks bouncing a lot of his stick). All those abilities he had last season, and we saw it clearly in preseason....

One could theorectically venture he is secretly nursing an injury (not telling anyone??), but I don't see why or what he would gain from that.

Tatar, NIco are example of a guy on a cold streak/snakebitten (goal wise). Tomas is still generating chances or almost cashing in on them (posts etc). Yegor isn't even close right now.

Yegor, had a few shots recently, but outside of that, very very timid plays, timid passing plays. That said, I thought he looked better in the 1st period of last game (vs. Fla) specifically... was about to come on here and post about it in GDT, but then the entire Devils game went off the rails (and so did his play after 2nd and 3rd period where he had a turnover and generally wild shooting)...

I don't get how he went from dynamite in preseason and to close out last season, and when season started, he got a little unlucky on a few chances in the first early games, but then he literally just fell off a cliff. Took even awhile for Ruff to scratch him, so its not like his confidence was shot because of the scratches, it was already gone before that.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
F0EA0968-41CC-4491-9EB9-541251FD577B.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes