Projections for Sharangovich this season

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Woah. You have some crazy good stuff. My wife would kill me if i went that crazy. Great investment though once Jack blows up. Slowly trying to build up my collection.
I'm still trying to get over selling my Ovechkin BGS 9.5 when it was 200 bucks a couple years back in order to buy some other stuff....
I hear on the Ovechkin Yg. I thought I waited enough when they were $500 and sold two “true gem mint “ 9.5’s (no sub grade below 9.5) .
Now they are 2k+
I could go on forever with dumb mistakes I made selling but it gets too depressing .

Reactions: HischierSeDgewOrk

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
He's healthy to start this season. If anyone has built up some good karma it's him.
Yeah, his offensively fallow periods are typically injury related too. For example, the miserable end of 2019-20, after his knee injury. Sure, they can predict Nico will be decapitated in a freak accident involving a loose end board in early January but I don’t see what’s wrong with being optimistic about a currently healthy player’s future health in the pre-season.

33 goals is actually pretty damn optimistic for Sharangovich too but there’s nothing wrong with being optimistic about his scoring either.

And Sharangovich is seven months older than Hischier, the idea that Nico is for sure a finished product is unfounded. He really does need to stay healthy here (or he’s going to make so very sad, and no one wants that.)

Reactions: My3Sons

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
With the way Sharangovich looked last year and in preseason, and assuming he stays healthy and spends the whole year with a healthy Hughes (enormous ifs), anything less than 20 goals would be a disappointment. And he should be flirting with 30 if Hughes has taken the step we’re hoping he will.

The question for me is gonna be how much offense is in his game besides the goal scoring. Is he a 25g-10a guy or a 25g-30a guy? i think the former is more likely but i’d love to be wrong.

Reactions: Classic Devil

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
With the way Sharangovich looked last year and in preseason, and assuming he stays healthy and spends the whole year with a healthy Hughes (enormous ifs), anything less than 20 goals would be a disappointment. And he should be flirting with 30 if Hughes has taken the step we’re hoping he will.

The question for me is gonna be how much offense is in his game besides the goal scoring. Is he a 25g-10a guy or a 25g-30a guy? i think the former is more likely but i’d love to be wrong.

25-10 seems fairly dramatic. He was 16-14 last season. I don't see him getting worse. I do expect more goals than assists but maybe something like 27-23?

HischierSeDgewOrk

May 6, 2007
Monmouth County, NJ
I hear on the Ovechkin Yg. I thought I waited enough when they were $500 and sold two “true gem mint “ 9.5’s (no sub grade below 9.5) .
Now they are 2k+
I could go on forever with dumb mistakes I made selling but it gets too depressing .
Someone just beat me out on a sharangovich young guns exclusive yesterday.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Told'cha this shit was bad luck.

If our conversations have the power to influence team performance and praising them makes them underperform, maybe we should just sit around and trash all the players all the time and I just realized what you're doing here! :sarcasm:

atmx093

STUDzle
Jul 2, 2014
Gatineau
I wish I had invested more into his YG cards, but I do have a true SPGU RC of his, #01/17, that I'm holding on to.

I still think he's gonna be an excellent player.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
9fV103O.gif

Reactions: MartyOwns

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Pretty much all of these expectations were to much at the time but man has he completely nosedived. I was hoping/expecting for him to maintain or not drop his production too much. The people who were talking about 30 or more goals and 50-60 or more points were just being completely unrealistic.

Reactions: My3Sons

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Pretty much all of these expectations were to much at the time but man has he completely nosedived. I was hoping/expecting for him to maintain or not drop his production too much. The people who were talking about 30 or more goals and 50-60 or more points were just being completely unrealistic.
So we don’t know this. Jack Hughes is THAT good. Who’s to say that line wouldn’t have got rolling if Jack was healthy?

Obviously Yegor has no confidence at the moment, but there is a feasible alternate reality where a healthy Jack Hughes makes Yegor a huge goal and point producer.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
So we don’t know this. Jack Hughes is THAT good. Who’s to say that line wouldn’t have got rolling if Jack was healthy?

Obviously Yegor has no confidence at the moment, but there is a feasible alternate reality where a healthy Jack Hughes makes Yegor a huge goal and point producer.
Sure Jack could definitely help his production but he can only do so much and the reality is Sharangovich is not that good. He definitely isn’t the long term winger for Jack. He doesn’t have a great skillset and had solid production last season because he got hot on two lines that were working very well together. Hopefully we can find an actual 25+ goal and 50-60 point winger on their own who Jack can get to 30-35+ goals and 70 points or more. Sharangovich is not that guy at all. Just doesn’t have the skillset. If he finds his game again and works things out he’s a middle six winger at best. Not a top line guy who you want with your best player at all.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Could it be the style of play which has been hampering Yegor, perhaps too much transitional offense? Lack of Jack Hughes setting him up?

upload_2021-11-18_23-27-8.png

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site

It's not unrealistic to think that a 23 year old can improve over his 22 year old season. That happens all the time. In this case it went in the other direction. Don't really get the impulse to spike the football because you were right and the people hoping that a likeable young player would get even better ended up being wrong, but you do you.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
This Hughes effect on Sharangovich seems to becoming a run-away narrative. Jack had 4 points on Sharangovich 16 goals. I mean so did Zajac... Kuokkanen and Severson had 5...

I think it's a stretch to believe anyone one person or teammate was responsible for Sharangovich's goal scoring success last season. Severson actually had more primary assist on Sharangovich's goals than Jack did...

Here are every one of Yegor's career goals to date:

04:58 NJD Yegor Sharangovich (1) Damon Severson, Kyle Palmieri
10:43 NJD Yegor Sharangovich (2) P.K. Subban, Jesper Bratt
03:20 NJD Yegor Sharangovich (3) Miles Wood, Travis Zajac
10:17 NJD Yegor Sharangovich (4) Janne Kuokkanen, Travis Zajac
16:04 NJD Yegor Sharangovich (5) P.K. Subban, Dmitry Kulikov
17:40 NJD Yegor Sharangovich (6) Damon Severson, Travis Zajac
09:32 NJD Yegor Sharangovich (7) Travis Zajac, Janne Kuokkanen
17:42 NJD Yegor Sharangovich (8) Ryan Murray, Jack Hughes
18:17 NJD Yegor Sharangovich (9) Jack Hughes, Janne Kuokkanen
06:38 NJD Yegor Sharangovich (10) Jack Hughes
06:38 NJD Yegor Sharangovich (11)
12:36 NJD Yegor Sharangovich (12) Janne Kuokkanen
08:10 NJD PP Yegor Sharangovich (13) Will Butcher, Damon Severson
15:28 NJD PP Yegor Sharangovich (14) Damon Severson, Janne Kuokkane
14:59 NJD Yegor Sharangovich (15) Jack Hughes
12:41 NJD Yegor Sharangovich (16) Damon Severson, Kevin Bahl

Last edited:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I personally think a more reasonable scenario/explanation is Sharangovich was playing a hot hand last year that started in the KHL that has cooled off.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I personally think a more reasonable scenario/explanation is Sharangovich was playing a hot hand last year that started in the KHL that has cooled off.

Maybe, but his hot streak started in 2019 and spanned three leagues and two continents. That's a heck of a hot streak if that's all it was.

Reactions: Jack Be Quick

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Maybe, but his hot streak started in 2019 and spanned three leagues and two continents. That's a heck of a hot streak if that's all it was.
Yeah it really didn't though.

You gotta tough sell to make to convince me his hot streak started in the AHL season where he had 10 goals in 57 games...He had 3 goals in last 9 games in the AHL...

If you can look at his games logs in the AHL and find a "hot-streak" more power to ya...I aint buying it

TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad