Speculation: Project the Future Roster

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Do you think that the CBJ front office is looking into Andrei Kuzmenko from SKA as a free agent signing next offseason? He currently plays on the same team as Marchenko, and always seems to stand out to me when I watch him. Maybe we could have some pull with the likes of Marchenko, Chinaman, Gavy and Voronkov.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Do you think that the CBJ front office is looking into Andrei Kuzmenko from SKA as a free agent signing next offseason? He currently plays on the same team as Marchenko, and always seems to stand out to me when I watch him. Maybe we could have some pull with the likes of Marchenko, Chinaman, Gavy and Voronkov.

To each their own, but I've been hoping this doesn't become a common nickname. Some consider it a slur, and it's not what his name is supposed to sound like anyways.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Kuzmenko looks like a good player. That's the type of guy that thin rosters should take a chance on. I don't see us having the space on the wing anytime soon.

Reactions: VeseleTlacovky

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Major I agree. From what I have heard, his nickname among his teammates is Chinny. "Chinaman" is a definite no no.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Major I agree. From what I have heard, his nickname among his teammates is Chinny.

I don't care for "Chinny". First because it is a boring hockey nickname, second because the vowel is long "sheen" not "chin". For now I'll go with "Yegor Bomb" I think. Though that might be a problem for alcoholics!

Reactions: tunnelvision

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I don't care for "Chinny". First because it is a boring hockey nickname, second because the vowel is long "sheen" not "chin". For now I'll go with "Yegor Bomb" I think. Though that might be a problem for alcoholics!

I just don't care at all. All hockey nicknames are boring. Fligs and Fliggy? Just as incorrect as Chinny in addition to being boring. Jonesy? Meh. What's an example of an exciting one?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Fligs and Fliggy? Just as incorrect as Chinny in addition to being boring.

You're right.

I think I'm getting hung up on it just because I want them to get the pronunciation right on his actual name in the first place. I should probably lower my standards for the nickname part. Actually, when it comes to nicknames for North American players, like "Fliggy", the more butchered they are, the more I like them. So I've got conflicting standards here.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Reactions: thebus88

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Other players are gonna call him Chinny unless he tells/asks them not to.

Word association unfortunately keeps steering me here in my head

jflffnock8j51.jpg

Reactions: CBJx614

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
You're right.

I think I'm getting hung up on it just because I want them to get the pronunciation right on his actual name in the first place. I should probably lower my standards for the nickname part. Actually, when it comes to nicknames for North American players, like "Fliggy", the more butchered they are, the more I like them. So I've got conflicting standards here.
His name is hard, most "coaches" nicknames need to be something quick and easy to say. Hence why most coaches just throw a Y or ER at the end of someone's name.

Might be a case where he just ends up being called Yegor on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad