Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
**** PLEASE DO NOT VOTE IF YOU ARE NOT A FAN OF THIS TEAM****

Hey all!

Im going board to board to complete an authentic 31-pick HFBoard's version of the 2020 NHL Draft. Dont know if this is done already but Ive got too much time on my hands. Instead of simply going to the poll sections this allows each fan base to think about and vote for their choice based on whats left (not that everyone hasnt speculated that for months now lol) and I will post the results on the main board after it is completed. This would be after the Cup is awarded and we know the full official draft order

The list of options is based on Bob McKenzie's June 2020 Draft rankings with the highest twenty or so options available and one left for 'Other'. Once a team picks that player they are unavailable as to simulate a real draft. There is no option to trade picks or players - this is just a simple mock draft. About two days for each pick.

Link to the main board draft overview thread: Prodigy’s HFBoards 2020 NHL Draft Project - Live-Look Thread

Florida - you are on the clock!

2020 NHL Draft - HFBoard's Mock

#1 - New York Rangers - Alexis Lafreniere - LW 6'1" 193
#2 - Los Angeles Kings - Quinton Byfield - C 6'4" 214
#3 - Ottawa Senators - Tim Stuetzle - C 5'11" 187
#4 - Detroit Red Wings - Cole Perfetti - LW 5'10" 185
#5 - Ottawa Senators - Lucas Raymond - RW 5'10" 183
#6 - Anaheim Ducks - Marco Rossi - C 5'9" 179
#7 - New Jersey Devils - Jamie Drysdale - D 5'11" 170
#8 - Buffalo Sabres - Anton Lundell - C 6'1" 187
#9 - Minnesota Wild - Alexander Holtz - RW 6'0" 183
#10 - Winnipeg Jets - Jake Sanderson - D 6'1" 187
#11 - Nashville Predators - Jack Quinn - RW 5'11" 176

TOTAL VOTE COUNT SO FAR IS 600!

Last edited:

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
I know each team has their own draft thread and I dont mean to split up conversations - I apologize if this causes problems.

Feel free to discuss as you wish though. I may bump this a few times to keep voting going - once I move on to the next pick the thread can be locked if moderators would like.

Thanks again everyone!

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
We are trading back.. New Jersey gets silly and sends us 18 and 20 and cash considerations.

The draft goes forward heavy and we select

We select at 18 Braden Schneider

at 20 we select Kaiden Guhle

Won could dream

Also anyone else thinking noel gunler becomes one of the best players from this draft :P

Last edited:

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I personal would like to take some germany Players, some of them have some real talent. Some play already Senior League as ususal in Germany.

But if we have a chance on Branden Schneider would be my first Pick, from the reports he bringing that Game what in our D is missing.
2nd option if he is already picked is William Wallinder but that would be more a late Pick in the 1st Round.

All 3 german Forwards this Year show an higher Amount of Talent then the usual Years, beside the Draisaitl and Seider Picks. My personal eye is on Stützle and Jon Jason Paterka both are shining out in the League for their young Years.

Reactions: Swiss Prodigy

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
@Swiss Prodigy

Worth noting that a good portion of the votes aren't from Panthers fans. When the poll is this close, outsider votes could be the difference.
Unfortunately I have no way to know who truly isnt and is a Panthers fan - that poll will stay up for another day or so and Ill speak to a mod to verify things for me

Thanks for the notice!

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

Thomas Colavecchio

Mar 24, 2019
One vote for Mercer at 12, Guhle if lower with a slight move back.

It seems there are more options available for the D (3/4 or 5/6) than there are at center. While only names at this point, Koly, Gildon, Ludwig, maybe Keeper at least it seems there is some reason for hope and help for the D within the Organization already...

Of course this assumes that Mercer is truly viewed as a center. The write ups on his overall game sound promising. Of course he is probably 2 years away realistically...

Who knows what the real story with Borgstrom is, not sure Haula stays or even if he should, and Wallmark may be serviceable but at #4C, maybe #3, Lammiko maybe back but only at #4C. Acciari I really like, but I’m not sure about higher than at #4C. Beyond that the situation looks bleak...

#2 and #3 C seem like a huge black hole

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Unfortunately I have no way to know who truly isnt and is a Panthers fan - that poll will stay up for another day or so and Ill speak to a mod to verify things for me

Thanks for the notice!

I watched the list i would say 60% of the Votes, so far 20.08 1AM my Time Zone are Members who are active here, the rest are visitors.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I am disappointed by the lack of votes for William Wallinder. Big, smooth skating defenseman that plays such a clean game. With our lack of depth on the left side I think he would be the ideal pick for us. He has a great mind for the game and is very responsible on the ice. He moves the puck so well and would be a great piece to add in this league.

My other choice is Guhle but I feel like he is more of a stretch than Wallinder at number 12.

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
I watched the list i would say 60% of the Votes, so far 20.08 1AM my Time Zone are Members who are active here, the rest are visitors.
Think you could take a look at the picks and tell me which of the main four getting votes have the most Panthers-fans votes that you know of?

Dont feel the need to do it if you dont want - ill research each person if I have to I figured youd be able to spot them quicker

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Think you could take a look at the picks and tell me which of the main four getting votes have the most Panthers-fans votes that you know of?

Dont feel the need to do it if you dont want - ill research each person if I have to I figured youd be able to spot them quicker

Being a MOD on this board for the last 2 years:

Miz, DollardStLaurent, yvessiroit12, shotvalley, wild duck are not FLA fans that I'm aware of.

Everyone else I have seen on here many times and support the Panthers.
So it seems 5 votes are not FLA fans as of 8:13 EST on 08/19/2020 by my count

@SoupyFIN has been the mod for a lot longer so he could help as well

Reactions: Swiss Prodigy

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I am disappointed by the lack of votes for William Wallinder. Big, smooth skating defenseman that plays such a clean game. With our lack of depth on the left side I think he would be the ideal pick for us. He has a great mind for the game and is very responsible on the ice. He moves the puck so well and would be a great piece to add in this league.

My other choice is Guhle but I feel like he is more of a stretch than Wallinder at number 12.

I don't think Guhle is more of a stretch than Wallinder. Wallinder isn't ranked by anybody in the top 15.

I really like Wallinder's offense and his potential, but his defensive play seems inconsistent.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
I don't think Guhle is more of a stretch than Wallinder. Wallinder isn't ranked by anybody in the top 15.

I really like Wallinder's offense and his potential, but his defensive play seems inconsistent.
again trade back with new jersey. they can take covid 19

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

And my readings say, Wallinder is more are solid defensman and only stepped Up in the offensive Zone lately. So unsure where he should have a better offensive Game.
6"4 still growing and good in skating tough to beat in one on one and good position play. Wait what was Panthers main problems, bad physical appearens in the own Zone, bad Position play.
And he can also used wrist and slapshot, by his seize and mass are more like weber canons shot. Oh and he has some good first steps in skating.

To be earnest that for me woud be okay to take a shot, if you are not fast enough take them out with strength will be never been old.

For real i also took Schneider his Body progress is far mor development as Wallinder. And Braden has the better agility movement, but what me personal let me step away lately from him, is his offensive Reports. His Main offensive skill is his Speed and and Puck carryier. Sorry since Matheson i have a bad taste on my tongue hearing this words. Also Braden is a corner battler but not a physical Game Player.

From the latest reports i get, i would take a risky long term shot and take Wallinder before Braden. Wallinder is more rough and still developing more and more, where he ends is unsure but he presence on the Ice and his skating with a good shot from the Line has more room to developing. In the best possible Way Wallinder can end as a Elite 1st Line Defender. Braden is prognostit as possible better 2nd Line Unite of his lack in offensive Side, Shots and aiming. (that is likely Matheson, we all love and like ;) )

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
And my readings say, Wallinder is more are solid defensman and only stepped Up in the offensive Zone lately. So unsure where he should have a better offensive Game.
6"4 still growing and good in skating tough to beat in one on one and good position play. Wait what was Panthers main problems, bad physical appearens in the own Zone, bad Position play.
And he can also used wrist and slapshot, by his seize and mass are more like weber canons shot. Oh and he has some good first steps in skating.

To be earnest that for me woud be okay to take a shot, if you are not fast enough take them out with strength will be never been old.

For real i also took Schneider his Body progress is far mor development as Wallinder. And Braden has the better agility movement, but what me personal let me step away lately from him, is his offensive Reports. His Main offensive skill is his Speed and and Puck carryier. Sorry since Matheson i have a bad taste on my tongue hearing this words. Also Braden is a corner battler but not a physical Game Player.

From the latest reports i get, i would take a risky long term shot and take Wallinder before Braden. Wallinder is more rough and still developing more and more, where he ends is unsure but he presence on the Ice and his skating with a good shot from the Line has more room to developing. In the best possible Way Wallinder can end as a Elite 1st Line Defender. Braden is prognostit as possible better 2nd Line Unite of his lack in offensive Side, Shots and aiming. (that is likely Matheson, we all love and like ;) )

From what I've read, Wallinder's play in his own zone is inconsistent. Sometimes he's more concerned with going on the offensive and forgets about his defensive duties. At the Five Nations Tournament just before the pandemic, he had a poor showing and was far outshone by Joni Jurmo of Finland, who is a similar player and a consensus 2nd round pick. Wallinder can play physical and use good positioning to break up plays in his own zone, but it seems that he does not do this all the time. For me that's a warning flag when a defenseman is inconsistent defensively like that.

And yes, he is good offensively. His offense was coming on more in the 2nd half of his season. As you said, he has a heavy, accurate wrist shot and also slap shot. He has the potential to be the triggerman on an nhl pp one day, if not the quarterback. He has good hands, especially for a 6'4" guy, and can maneuver across the blueline with his long reach and elude defenders and get shots off or find the open man. He's also a magnificent skater for his size, he can eat up a lot of ice with his long stride and can beat players one on one in transition or find teammates with great passes. He's a very good offensive talent and he should only put up better numbers next season, probably in the Allsvenskan. So overall, his potential is enormous, but right now that's all it is. He has a ways to go with his defensive game imo if he is to become a 1st pairing defender. If his defense was good, he'd be a lock for a top 10 pick. Right now he is ranked in the 20-40 range.

It's funny you mention Matheson with regards to Schneider. He is the furthest player from Matheson in this draft. Wallinder is more like Matheson than Schneider in that his defensive game is inconsistent. Schneider is rock solid defensively, plays a safe steady game, that is what he is known for, plus possesses outstanding size already. He could play in the nhl tomorrow. He's going to be a solid 2nd pairing defenseman, more like a new age defensive d-man like Brandon Carlo. He can skate and move the puck, and has a heavy slapshot. Matheson is the total opposite. He is not a 2nd pairing defenseman. He is a total liability defensively, and has more offensive talent than Schneider, but lacks the IQ and consistency to maximize his talent. He has a better shot than Schneider, he just doesn't usr it, what Schneider has is a much better feel for his strengths and limitations. Whereas Matheson has no regard of this, and is basically running on fumes at this point as an nhl player.

Reactions: Pigge

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
It's funny you mention Matheson with regards to Schneider. He is the furthest player from Matheson in this draft. Wallinder is more like Matheson than Schneider in that his defensive game is inconsistent. Schneider is rock solid defensively, plays a safe steady game, that is what he is known for, plus possesses outstanding size already. He could play in the nhl tomorrow. He's going to be a solid 2nd pairing defenseman, more like a new age defensive d-man like Brandon Carlo. He can skate and move the puck, and has a heavy slapshot. Matheson is the total opposite. He is not a 2nd pairing defenseman. He is a total liability defensively, and has more offensive talent than Schneider, but lacks the IQ and consistency to maximize his talent. He has a better shot than Schneider, he just doesn't usr it, what Schneider has is a much better feel for his strengths and limitations. Whereas Matheson has no regard of this, and is basically running on fumes at this point as an nhl player.

I find it interisting that yu mention 6"2 as outstanding Size his already 209 Pounds are more NHL likely for his Size. And his no so praised Corner controll comes mostly from his Size and Weight advantage. There is not a single Forward who can put him current under pressure. But that will change drastic, when he joins Pro Level. As we Mention forecheck will mostly made by Forwards over 6"2, with weight Schneider has already.
Also some reports are really bite them self, they praise his ability to join the rush. But in the same Spot the mention he hasnt the fastest feeds, and live from his long strive when he gets up his speed.
That means, the report i saw he is slow footed and not the best skater.
His current biggest plus, his composure and he is NHL ready from the Physical standard and his PK play.

My big flag is his Skateing reports total strange, from slow foot to be good in joining rush. By a slow first Step, doesnt make sense to me.
I atleast read 3 Reports where is mention, NHL pace/speed could be his biggest weakness.
My Main Problem is, maybe his current biggest advantage. That his current Game has a big Physical part in a League where his current Physicality is the Top of the League. In that matter he has to shine out. But he never really faced same or stronger Player. That is also the difference between him and late pick Wallinder. Wallinder has a good built overall his great speed and step comes from his well build lower Body and Schneider brings the well build upper Body with top speed Problems.

What is maybe his biggest weak Point in Schneider you get what you get and that will most likely his end of his Developing and reach. In that Point every Report is saying the same.
There is no celling in him.
You get a stay at Home defensman, where all his current Pro´s belongs on how good he can transfer it in the Pro Level. Less Time, more speed more quickness, Player who can stand up to him.

That all his current Positive sides and when he loose only a few of them in the tranfer his celling falls. That is also a dangerous flag in my Opinion.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I find it interisting that yu mention 6"2 as outstanding Size his already 209 Pounds are more NHL likely for his Size. And his no so praised Corner controll comes mostly from his Size and Weight advantage. There is not a single Forward who can put him current under pressure. But that will change drastic, when he joins Pro Level. As we Mention forecheck will mostly made by Forwards over 6"2, with weight Schneider has already.
Also some reports are really bite them self, they praise his ability to join the rush. But in the same Spot the mention he hasnt the fastest feeds, and live from his long strive when he gets up his speed.
That means, the report i saw he is slow footed and not the best skater.
His current biggest plus, his composure and he is NHL ready from the Physical standard and his PK play.

My big flag is his Skateing reports total strange, from slow foot to be good in joining rush. By a slow first Step, doesnt make sense to me.
I atleast read 3 Reports where is mention, NHL pace/speed could be his biggest weakness.
My Main Problem is, maybe his current biggest advantage. That his current Game has a big Physical part in a League where his current Physicality is the Top of the League. In that matter he has to shine out. But he never really faced same or stronger Player. That is also the difference between him and late pick Wallinder. Wallinder has a good built overall his great speed and step comes from his well build lower Body and Schneider brings the well build upper Body with top speed Problems.

What is maybe his biggest weak Point in Schneider you get what you get and that will most likely his end of his Developing and reach. In that Point every Report is saying the same.
There is no celling in him.
You get a stay at Home defensman, where all his current Pro´s belongs on how good he can transfer it in the Pro Level. Less Time, more speed more quickness, Player who can stand up to him.

That all his current Positive sides and when he loose only a few of them in the tranfer his celling falls. That is also a dangerous flag in my Opinion.

Schneider will get bigger. He'll get up to at least 220 lbs., maybe more. It's true, his upside is limited. But every scouting report is saying he's going to be a 2nd pairing defenseman, a defensive stalwart and beast on the pk. I think most teams would be happy with that, picking in the teens. Yes, he'll have to adjust to the nhl speed and quickness, but a guy Carlo is still having great success in the nhl playing the same style he did in junior. And like Carlo, Schneider has a high IQ and makes quick decisions.

Carlo is good at joining the rush, and will score a few goals here and there with his booming shot. He is slow footed, which means he lacks agility. Not surprising for someone with his size. But once he gets going, he's a good skater. Above average. He has decent enough hands to make plays. Basically, like I said before, he has a good feel for his strengths and limitations. This allows him to be a rock in his own end, playing the pressure game perfectly, and transitioning the puck out efficiently. He knows when to join the rush, and when not to. He knows when to shoot the puck, and when to dish it off. A good brain for the game is just as important as any other tool. In this aspect, he is probably top of the draft as far as defensemen, besides Sanderson.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Schneider will get bigger. He'll get up to at least 220 lbs., maybe more. It's true, his upside is limited. But every scouting report is saying he's going to be a 2nd pairing defenseman, a defensive stalwart and beast on the pk. I think most teams would be happy with that, picking in the teens. Yes, he'll have to adjust to the nhl speed and quickness, but a guy Carlo is still having great success in the nhl playing the same style he did in junior. And like Carlo, Schneider has a high IQ and makes quick decisions.

Carlo is good at joining the rush, and will score a few goals here and there with his booming shot. He is slow footed, which means he lacks agility. Not surprising for someone with his size. But once he gets going, he's a good skater. Above average. He has decent enough hands to make plays. Basically, like I said before, he has a good feel for his strengths and limitations. This allows him to be a rock in his own end, playing the pressure game perfectly, and transitioning the puck out efficiently. He knows when to join the rush, and when not to. He knows when to shoot the puck, and when to dish it off. A good brain for the game is just as important as any other tool. In this aspect, he is probably top of the draft as far as defensemen, besides Sanderson.

He will reach 220 that is most possible. Its hard to judge belongs also what they plan and what happens with the League overall. The Question is can he or will he placed direct into the NHL.
What brings him one more Year in the WHL, not much. There is development possible and no challenge at all.

Lets see both defenders have his Pro and Contra. Schneider is the Pick you might consider that you let play him next year NHL, otherwise it makes no sense at all. Wallinder is a 2 more Years Project and you try to get him around 210 Pounds.

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
Sorry to keep everyone waiting. For now ill leave it open in case more Florida fans trickle in - Ill also triple check who is fnas or not with the information provided me. Last I checked three days ago Schneider had the most Panthers votes, if anyone can back that up

In the meantime feel free tofurther discuss the pick and maybe change yours if youd like.

Last edited by a moderator:

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
i like the schneider pick for us. i know guhle is right there. it would be a beautiful thing to get both

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Agreed. Who has the most upside? I was hearing schneider doesn’t have much upside but is that true?

I think the problem is nobody knows whos got more upside here. Schneider already has the weight. Guhle needs to put it on.

Its hard when you need so many pieces on this team. Truth though is both have offensive upside. We should try and get both honestly... We need to load up now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad