• Jacob Perreault

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
Well jeez Winnipeg fans, dont hurt the other poll options’ feelings

Since its very clearly unanimous, as expected, ill be moving onto Nashville with the 11th pick

Congrats on getting Jake Sanderson - I bet he can be even better than Morrissey! (Please dont shoot)

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
If things shake down like this I think we go with Sanderson. Potential to be a top pairing guy but more likely to fall into that 2-3 range. Still hard to walk away from that potential. I think with that kind of LD depth you start grooming Heinola as a right side defender.

I thought in one of his earlier interviews after his draft that he stated he preferred playing the right side.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Well jeez Winnipeg fans, dont hurt the other poll options’ feelings

Since its very clearly unanimous, as expected, ill be moving onto Nashville with the 11th pick

Congrats on getting Jake Sanderson - I bet he can be even better than Morrissey! (Please dont shoot)

I mean, if we have Morrissey, and then another defenseman better than Morrissey, it's a pretty good situation on the left side.

Reactions: Swiss Prodigy

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
0 votes for Schneider?

If I would’ve seen this sooner, I would’ve given him his first vote. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If it helps, I was tempted to go with a bunch of forwards, including Schneider, but changed my mind and went with Sanderson. :laugh:

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Well if Chevy drafts another LD I hope you guys are ready to trade some of our LD, because we already have one signed long term and 2 on the rise. Definitely not maximizing the potential. I'm curious which one of our defenseman should we trade in 3 years to get Sanderson in the lineup?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Well if Chevy drafts another LD I hope you guys are ready to trade some of our LD, because we already have one signed long term and 2 on the rise. Definitely not maximizing the potential. I'm curious which one of our defenseman should we trade in 3 years to get Sanderson in the lineup?
As of now we have a grand total of 1 LHD with any real NHL experience that is signed and isn't 6-9 d-man. Adding a player of Sanderson's skill set would be huge for our future. If all of Sanderson, Samberg and Heinola become studs you look at options which would probably include moving one to the right.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014

My vote would be to trade Heinola if we needed to trade somebody but I think we'd more likely just groom a couple of them to play on the right side. Heinola and Samberg have both played on the right side some and Sanderson might be able to as well.

JMo Samberg
Sanderson Heinola
Guy Other Guy
Championship

Reactions: hn777 and RabidOne

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If the Jets draft Sanderson, and Samberg, Heinola and Sanderson all become top-4 quality D, that's a huge win. At the very least, the Jets would have good trade chips to strengthen the roster. I could see one top-4 LHD moving to RD, but I can't see a top-4 with no RHD.

Reactions: Jets

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

I have my doubts that it will take Sanderson 3 years to make the jump to the NHL. Especially if he continues on his current trajectory. We dont need to trade anyone though. Heinola seems like a likely candidate to groom as a RD. Sign Pionk and now you create some a competition for spots.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If the Jets draft Sanderson, and Samberg, Heinola and Sanderson all become top-4 quality D, that's a huge win. At the very least, the Jets would have good trade chips to strengthen the roster. I could see one top-4 LHD moving to RD, but I can't see a top-4 with no RHD.

Yeah there are always teams looking to add defencemen. And the likelihood of landing a good C increases if you are trading D for C I think. Seems rare for a team to move a C for a W.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Jets gonna get a good player at the 10th.
Hopefully that player can jump in the following year.

This coming year is a reload/feel out year.
To see where everybody fits into the puzzle now.

Harkins and Copp battle for the 2nd line C for the mean time.
Wheeler drop to 2nd line and pp2
Samberg try in the top 4 and 2nd pk unit
Heinola bottom pair and 2nd pp unit

Gustaffson anchor 1 of the center at bottom 6.
Hopefully Vesalainen find his groove, it will be a big boost to the depth.
Demelo retained

Man i would really like Schiefele to Captain this team moving forward. To transistion this Jets as his team on the ice as well as in the room.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
As of now we have a grand total of 1 LHD with any real NHL experience that is signed and isn't 6-9 d-man. Adding a player of Sanderson's skill set would be huge for our future. If all of Sanderson, Samberg and Heinola become studs you look at options which would probably include moving one to the right.

If you think you have 3 top 4 defensemen on the left side as js, you already have to consider moving one to the right side. So you would have to look at moving 2, which it seems that we have quickly forgotten on these boards, the dilemnas of having a strong side, and having a defenseman refuse to play his offside, or having one not work out (Buff-Myers). But ok. Honestly I will be mad if we draft Sanderson because we have so many other needs, and you risk ruining a player's development, like Heinola, by making them readjust playing their position. You'd have to be awfully high on this kid. More realistic is you end up trading, from surplus, which seems lateral, when you could fill a need, which is pretty much any other position, except goalie.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I have my doubts that it will take Sanderson 3 years to make the jump to the NHL. Especially if he continues on his current trajectory. We dont need to trade anyone though. Heinola seems like a likely candidate to groom as a RD. Sign Pionk and now you create some a competition for spots.
Agree. Sanderson will be ready by his D+2 year, I think. Moving Heinola to RD would solve some issues, though he might not be ready this season. I don't mind accelerating the youth movement by pushing Samberg and Heinola into the line-up, though.

Maybe...

2020/21

Morrissey-DeMelo
Dillon-Pionk
Samberg-Poolman

2021/22

Morrissey-DeMelo
Samberg-Pionk
Sanderson-Heinola

Reactions: jgimp

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
If you think you have 3 top 4 defensemen on the left side as js, you already have to consider moving one to the right side. So you would have to look at moving 2, which it seems that we have quickly forgotten on these boards, the dilemnas of having a strong side, and having a defenseman refuse to play his offside, or having one not work out (Buff-Myers). But ok. Honestly I will be mad if we draft Sanderson because we have so many other needs, and you risk ruining a player's development, like Heinola, by making them readjust playing their position. You'd have to be awfully high on this kid. More realistic is you end up trading, from surplus, which seems lateral, when you could fill a need, which is pretty much any other position, except goalie.
And what if Sanderson becomes a better player than Samberg and Heinola? What if one day he pushes Morrissey down to the 2nd pairing as a true #1? And we gave that up because we have 2 promising LHD prospects that have yet to establish themselves at this point in time. If we get him at 10 he will be the highest selection out of all of them. There seems to be a lot of talk lately that he will go higher than #10 so I doubt he is available when we pick, but if he is I think the Jets jump all over him.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
And what if Sanderson becomes a better player than Samberg and Heinola? What if one day he pushes Morrissey down to the 2nd pairing as a true #1? And we gave that up because we have 2 promising LHD prospects that have yet to establish themselves at this point in time. If we get him at 10 he will be the highest selection out of all of them. There seems to be a lot of talk lately that he will go higher than #10 so I doubt he is available when we pick, but if he is I think the Jets jump all over him.
Or if they all work out, you can deal one from a position of strength. Greater demand for a very solid D-man than another winger.

Reactions: KingBogo

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

Can't wait to see the response here if Sanderson is available at #10 and Chevy picks someone else. :popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad