Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
**** PLEASE DO NOT VOTE IF YOU ARE NOT A FAN OF THIS TEAM****

Hey all!

Im going board to board to complete an authentic 31-pick HFBoard's version of the 2020 NHL Draft. Dont know if this is done already but Ive got too much time on my hands. Instead of simply going to the poll sections this allows each fan base to think about and vote for their choice based on whats left (not that everyone hasnt speculated that for months now lol) and I will post the results on the main board after it is completed. This would be after the Cup is awarded and we know the full official draft order

The list of options is based on Bob McKenzie's June 2020 Draft rankings with the highest twenty or so options available and one left for 'Other'. Once a team picks that player they are unavailable as to simulate a real draft. There is no option to trade picks or players - this is just a simple mock draft. About two days for each pick.

Link to the main board draft overview thread: Prodigy’s HFBoards 2020 NHL Draft Project - Live-Look Thread

Winnipeg - you are on the clock!

2020 NHL Draft - HFBoard's Mock

#1 - New York Rangers - Alexis Lafreniere - LW 6'1" 193
#2 - Los Angeles Kings - Quinton Byfield - C 6'4" 214
#3 - Ottawa Senators - Tim Stuetzle - C 5'11" 187
#4 - Detroit Red Wings - Cole Perfetti - LW 5'10" 185
#5 - Ottawa Senators - Lucas Raymond - RW 5'10" 183
#6 - Anaheim Ducks - Marco Rossi - C 5'9" 179
#7 - New Jersey Devils - Jamie Drysdale - D 5'11" 170
#8 - Buffalo Sabres - Anton Lundell - C 6'1" 187
#9 - Minnesota Wild - Alexander Holtz - RW 6'0" 183

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
I know each team has their own draft thread and I dont mean to split up conversations - I apologize if this causes problems.

Feel free to discuss as you wish though. I may bump this a few times to keep voting going - once I move on to the next pick the thread can be locked if moderators would like.

Thanks again everyone!
TOTAL VOTE COUNT SO FAR: 504

Last edited:

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
I'd suggest you drop Askarov and add Jarvis and Zary
Thanks, I had them up in recent polls and forgot them

Sometimes its a pain putting 10 options knowing one likely gets all the votes lol

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If things shake down like this I think we go with Sanderson. Potential to be a top pairing guy but more likely to fall into that 2-3 range. Still hard to walk away from that potential. I think with that kind of LD depth you start grooming Heinola as a right side defender.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
If things shake down like this I think we go with Sanderson. Potential to be a top pairing guy but more likely to fall into that 2-3 range. Still hard to walk away from that potential. I think with that kind of LD depth you start grooming Heinola as a right side defender.

I would happily take Sanderson in this spot. He is 6’2” 185 already so he will have solid size and I believe he will be a good top pairing D man.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jetsetter

Dano64

Jul 17, 2010
If the draft goes this way, I think Sanderson is the pick.
Maybe Samberg can be moved to the right side. His role in the NHL will be as a shutdown defenseman . I do recall a couple of posters saying that Samberg did play the right side at times in college.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I'm surprised to see Sanderson still on the board. Voted Sanderson.

Just have to figure out what we'll do with so many LHD :laugh:

Who becomes a righty then? Hmm...

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
I can't imagine Sanderson would still be there at #10. I think the pick would be Jarvis though, a high potential center. I see the issue being that True North seems to shy away from local kids, I think they feel it might put too much pressure on them and it hinder their development. I have no basis to think this, just feels like they don't often pick locals. Jason Kasdorf is the only Manitoban they've ever drafted, I think? Am I wrong about that?

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
I can't imagine Sanderson would still be there at #10. I think the pick would be Jarvis though, a high potential center. I see the issue being that True North seems to shy away from local kids, I think they feel it might put too much pressure on them and it hinder their development. I have no basis to think this, just feels like they don't often pick locals. Jason Kasdorf is the only Manitoban they've ever drafted, I think? Am I wrong about that?
Picking Jarvis makes me nervous, were already 0/1 on picking small centres out of Portland.

Reactions: SoCalJetsFan

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

Picking Jarvis makes me nervous, were already 0/1 on picking small centres out of Portland.

Jarvis primarily played wing this year, lined up a few times down the middle but ended up back on the wing within a game. I think he projects as more of a winger at the NHL level, especially with his size.

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
Jarvis primarily played wing this year, lined up a few times down the middle but ended up back on the wing within a game. I think he projects as more of a winger at the NHL level, especially with his size.
Is that right? Well damn. Thanks Dax.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Is that right? Well damn. Thanks Dax.

Yeah I've seen him listed as a C in a lot of places, he did play a lot of C at lower levels so he has experience there and was tried at C a few times this year.. Craig Button even commented on him being a Brayden Point clone, which is odd because they play nothing alike and that he is a full time center in Portland. Button has some good takes sometimes but I swear he barely watches more than a game of some of these kids outside of the big tournaments.

Reactions: Oilpeg

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
0 for 2, Chase De Leo too...unless that's who you meant, then Nic Petan too....

Make that 0 for 3, unless you still have high hopes for Skyler McKenzie.

Personally, if Sanderson is still there at 10, that's a "start the car, start the car" pick in my eyes. However, a tiny voice in my head tells me Chevy will go off board (again) and take a chance on a high risk, modest reward center: Hendrix Lapierre. Chevy will be delighted, and tell us how he checks all the boxes and they had him rated in the top 5 in the draft. :sarcasm:

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014

Personally, if Sanderson is still there at 10, that's a "start the car, start the car" pick in my eyes. However, a tiny voice in my head tells me Chevy will go off board (again) and take a chance on a high risk, modest reward center: Hendrix Lapierre. Chevy will be delighted, and tell us how he checks all the boxes and they had him rated in the top 5 in the draft. :sarcasm:

Again, certainly.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg

Skyler! Right!

Chevy went off the board for Scheifele, that worked out pretty well...I suppose Stanley did not, but he was not off the board though. When else did Chevy go off the board in the first round?

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

I think Lappiere is the only pick at 10 that might piss me off a little bit considering the risk associated with him. It's not that I don't like the pick, it's that I wouldn't like it at 10. We could likely trade down, get extra assets and get him further down in the draft.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Skyler! Right!

Chevy went off the board for Scheifele, that worked out pretty well...I suppose Stanley did not, but he was not off the board though. When else did Chevy go off the board in the first round?

As I recall, Morrissey also went quite a bit higher than many expected. I'm not saying these were bad picks, just pointing out that Chevy has and could again pick someone that is rated quite bit lower if he thinks this is his chance to snag a possible star center to fill that gaping hole. In this case, it could bite him severely.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Yup, or Samberg as a RD. He's played there is college.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Yup, or Samberg as a RD. He's played there is college.

I think it's generally better for an offensive minded D to play their offside. Just because there is actually a benefit in the offensive zone and on the rush to being on your offside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad