Sportsnet: Problems in the Leafs' dressing room

ForSpareParts*

http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/on-demand/#rotation=1

Hockey Central @ Noon - April 11 - Friday

(said on today's broadcast)

Mallard: "Is it more likely that Randy Carlyle is let go as head coach with the arrival of Brendan Shanahan?"

Maclean: "More likely. I know that fans are clambering for Randy's head which is always the case. I think that there's some players that should pay a price for what's happened here in the last few years. If you fire the coach you're letting that so called leadership group in that dressing room off the hook. I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't do it because they are whining about Randy. That dressing room was whining when that team was winning this year. This core group of this hockey team has to toughen up.

Mallard: "I think there are some incredible character flaws have been exposed on this team. Maybe more so than last year and the year before"

Maclean: "Do you know how many times a player walks into a GM's office and at the end of the meeting it becomes a coach whine session. As a manager if you let that happen, you got problems. You've got to snuff that out. You know it better than I do the whining that went on that dressing room this year. The core group are good hockey players. I'm not questioning that. I'm questioning whether they are mentally tough enough to really become winners."

Wow! What the heck is going on with this team?
Who is doing all this whining in the dressing room?

Is this Dion or is it from other players? They were whining when they were winning?

If this is Shanahan's calling I hope he tears this team apart from limb to limb.

There is no way this team will look the same way next season.

:help:

Last edited by a moderator:

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Probably Lupul and Kadri wining about being asked to at least look at our own end of the ice if they don't feel like bothering to try to come back.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The only thing confirmed here is that players sometimes don't like coaches

ForSpareParts*

Listen to the Podcast.

It's really good.

I know it takes a while, but it's worth the listen.

Big time dressing room issues.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Did they somehow sneak a camera into the dressing room and see a few players bicker and tussle with eachother?

no?

Okay, then it isn't confirmed...

ForSpareParts*

Listen to the broadcast. It's not speculation. It's knowing the wining that went on in the dressing room.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
This is like Dreger spewing nonsense kind of nonsense, when I see some evidence of Kessel punching Phaneuf or something I'll believe that this team has locker room problems

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
:laugh:

So if I buy some national broadcast TV time, and say "Randy Carlyle is the best coach in the NHL" will you believe it?

ForSpareParts*

At least things are finally making sense.

Not a cohesive group. Do I have to defend that statement too, or will you take my word for it based on this mega-debacle.?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
You don't pull this big of a collapse with a cohesive group.

It's obvious this group isnt cohesive

TML FTW*

Leaving aside whether it's confirmed or not, how is any of this "news"? I'm guessing about 100% of us on this board would have guessed this is the case.

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
You don't pull this big of a collapse with a cohesive group.

It's obvious this group isnt cohesive

Exactly.

Theres a clear indication that Randy has lost the rooms attention this season.

By some indications it could have been as soon as the Winter Classic.

The concern is what is the next step... Do we shift to another coach?

Or does Shanahan overstep Nonis belief in the players and make a strong suggestion the coach isnt the issue.

Nonis is ready to bring in his own guy, and possibly see where this plays out one more season with a fresh voice.

I think Shanahan allows that to happen.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
:laugh:

So if I buy some national broadcast TV time, and say "Randy Carlyle is the best coach in the NHL" will you believe it?

Or David Clarkson is the best winger in the Eastern Conference bar none?

ForSpareParts*

Listen to the podcast.

The entire panel believes that the leafs are not 1 coach away from righting this ship.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Listen to the podcast.

The entire panel believes that the leafs are not 1 coach away from righting this ship.

that doesn't mean it's confirmed. they don't know - it's an opinion

quite frankly - it doesn't matter if the players aren't being held accountable - because guess whose job it is to hold them accountable? that would be the coach. for every time Gardiner and Kadri's butt was nailed to to bench for mistakes (which shouldn't have happened) - why the heck was Franson out there running powerplay/penalty kill/key offensive time, when Franson cost a goal against the team every night. EVERY GAME! except for the one game we shut a team out this season.,

Why not bench Phaneuf?
send a message and sit Kessel for that brutal pizzas he tosses up the ice some times.

there are a lot of coaches who don't care who you are, and how much you make - you make a mistake, you're gone.

Randy punished the young kids.
it took him until game 79 to blow up the defense pairs.
he says publicly "well, you know I don't get why Carter has confidence down in the AHL, but not up here." well, maybe because you play him 3 minutes a night. dummy

i'm not absolving them of all blame. they're lazy uninterested so and sos. but randy is a piece of crap coach. i defended him for a very long time but he didn't even give the team a chance to do better by changing a system that could fit the team he had.

Bill Waters*

Jul 19, 2013
Orillia, Ontario
Hate to be that guy but it makes it very hard to understand what the ****** is going on.
Wine is a drink. Wining is different from whining, which is also different from winning.

ForSpareParts*

that doesn't mean it's confirmed. they don't know - it's an opinion

quite frankly - it doesn't matter if the players aren't being held accountable - because guess whose job it is to hold them accountable? that would be the coach. for every time Gardiner and Kadri's butt was nailed to to bench for mistakes (which shouldn't have happened) - why the heck was Franson out there running powerplay/penalty kill/key offensive time, when Franson cost a goal against the team every night. EVERY GAME! except for the one game we shut a team out this season.,

Why not bench Phaneuf?
send a message and sit Kessel for that brutal pizzas he tosses up the ice some times.

there are a lot of coaches who don't care who you are, and how much you make - you make a mistake, you're gone.

Randy punished the young kids.
it took him until game 79 to blow up the defense pairs.
he says publicly "well, you know I don't get why Carter has confidence down in the AHL, but not up here." well, maybe because you play him 3 minutes a night. dummy

i'm not absolving them of all blame. they're lazy uninterested so and sos. but randy is a piece of crap coach. i defended him for a very long time but he didn't even give the team a chance to do better by changing a system that could fit the team he had.

mac, mallard, and morrison all confirming that there were dressing room problems.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
All I got from this is that they're doing alot of winning behind closed doors. :naughty:

mac, mallard, and morrison all confirming that there were dressing room problems.

Remind me which one of these are employed by the Leafs and are in manager/player meetings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad