Confirmed with Link: Priskie is a Jerky Boy [2 years/$925K AAV]

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I hope it's true but it would definitely be odd given how there are other suitors with less depth/competition and how the best NCAA ufa to sign with us was like... Jeremy Welsh. Perhaps the allure of being a jerk is too strong.

Perhaps the Canes had the advantage in being the very first team to express any interest in him. In fact, the first time any hockey fans outside of DC had ever heard of him was after the Canes were rumored to covet him.

Reactions: cptjeff and DaveG

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Dundon has had a fixation with the Canes losing out on Torey Krug ever since he bought the team. Combine that with the Canes general fixation on why Jaccob Slavin is such a monster out of the 4th round and Hobey Baker finalist Adam Fox refusing to sign with the Canes and I can see why the Canes made a strong push for Priskie.

I had no idea who Priskie was before the Canes reportedly had interest. But he seems like a high-IQ RHD with a knack for scoring goals. I like the move (if it happens) to add some competition for Faulk's possible departure.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
There's an expansion draft looming. The team is in a vulnerable position with regards to the defense. The GM of that expansion team did not leave on good terms. Fleury or Bean to Seattle is on the horizon. Add in the upcoming free agent dates for Faulk, van Riemsdyk and Hamilton, and the depth in the system is going to be challenged shortly.

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
Chase Priskie is clearly drawn to the deep-rooted Jewish community in North Carolina :sarcasm:

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Dundon has had a fixation with the Canes losing out on Torey Krug ever since he bought the team. Combine that with the Canes general fixation on why Jaccob Slavin is such a monster out of the 4th round and Hobey Baker finalist Adam Fox refusing to sign with the Canes and I can see why the Canes made a strong push for Priskie.

I had no idea who Priskie was before the Canes reportedly had interest. But he seems like a high-IQ RHD with a knack for scoring goals. I like the move (if it happens) to add some competition for Faulk's possible departure.
But Torey Krug signed with the Bruins 8 years ago...

Does Dundo even know who Krug is? And if so, did he before the playoffs?

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
There's an expansion draft looming. The team is in a vulnerable position with regards to the defense. The GM of that expansion team did not leave on good terms. Fleury or Bean to Seattle is on the horizon. Add in the upcoming free agent dates for Faulk, van Riemsdyk and Hamilton, and the depth in the system is going to be challenged shortly.

True. What the Borg could do is make a stealth move next offseason and trade Jordan Staal to a team like Pittsburgh to get rid of the NMC Lucic-style. Then they can protect all of the important guys. Still, that's a hard move to pull off successfully, but if Holland could move Lucic of all contracts, Staal's NMC shouldn't be as big of a hurdle to deal with considering that he still is a very good player.

Last edited:

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
But Torey Krug signed with the Bruins 8 years ago...

Does Dundo even know who Krug is? And if so, did he before the playoffs?

I've heard Dundon mention Krug at least a couple times in interviews and team videos in reference to him attending Canes camp as a college UFA, leaving unsigned, and going to Boston. It's the same line of thinking as drafting a guy like Slavin - "How do we identify these talents that slip through the cracks?"

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC

He can take one guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3