Post-Game Talk: Primo goaltending - Habs beat Devils 4-2

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I know….but they talked about him more than anybody else….watching TVAsports right now and they talk about him again. The guy is a tweener at best but he seems so important it's nuts.

Hudon was really good and fun to watch in juniors and the minors. I really want him to break out, he always makes things happen on the ice. Just seems he can't do it in the NHL.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Trade Drouin before he worths ****. Brain dead bust.

And Lekhonen is the new Desharnais. Never gonna be demoted from the top 6. He lives in CJ's heart.

The angle is that he could give more, which I completely agree with. Heavy minutes in pre-season, loads of PP time are in order. He's a good 2 way forward and I think ~20 goals/year isn't unrealistic. Confidence was an issue for him last year.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Kids look allright but take that with a grain of salt. they are playing Jerseys kids and AHLers for the most part. Its time to get excited when they look good in the last couple of preaseason games against. close to an NHL lineup. In these early preseason games the veterans are not putting effort in much other than avoiding injury so even if rookie A played all night against regular NHLers it doesn't mean much. Last couple preseason games will be more telling.

That said, I Like what I say from Fleury/primeau/Evans/ suzuki

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
So is Ouellet…..but i don't remember anybody talking about him.

Edit: My bad, Ouellet is from France…,ight explained why, lol

Ouellet if from here, he was just born in France.

Hudon was drafted by the Habs, had a very impressive AHL career and we all thought he was gonna an NHLer. He spent most of the last year without playing and was very vocal about it when the season was done. He's kind of endearing too. It has a lot of elements to work with in the media.

Ouellette came here and his team had already let him go and his career was in shambles.

Reactions: dralaf

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I'm not one to overly criticize coaches. But I can't get over how Julien considered Lehkonen had a good game. He didn't get the puck on his stick for more than 1 second FFS. Complete non factor.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
I'm not one to overly criticize coaches. But I can't get over how Julien considered Lehkonen had a good game. He didn't get the puck on his stick for more than 1 second FFS. Complete non factor.
To be fair, his linemates were just putting in time last night since they don't have a spot to lose.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Trade Drouin before he worths ****. Brain dead bust.

And Lekhonen is the new Desharnais. Never gonna be demoted from the top 6. He lives in CJ's heart.

Not really. When Lehkonen isn't producing he's at least providing excellent defensive play and causes turnovers, meanwhile Desharnais provided absolutely nothing without the puck and just passed to Pacioretty anytime he had the puck. As Poehling/Suzuki are being played at centre, the other top options to play in the top 6 on the wing are guys like Byron/Armia/Weal while Desharnais played top 6 over young guys with actual potential like Eller/Galchenyuk.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I watched some very brief highlights from last night's game. In the span of 2 minutes I saw
Drouin float
Drouin creating a give away that lead to a break away on PP
Drouin avoid contact by giving up on a play

So... all that BS Drouin was spewing during all these golf tournaments is just that.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Not really. When Lehkonen isn't producing he's at least providing excellent defensive play and causes turnovers, meanwhile Desharnais provided absolutely nothing without the puck and just passed to Pacioretty anytime he had the puck. As Poehling/Suzuki are being played at centre, the other top options to play in the top 6 on the wing are guys like Byron/Armia/Weal while Desharnais played top 6 over young guys with actual potential like Eller/Galchenyuk.

Lehkonen is a great 3rd liner. Excellant in PK and in forecheck but he need to refind his goal scoring ability ! He was supposed to be a good goal scorer when he was a prospect. 18 goals as a rookie in the NHL after scoring 11 goals in 16 games in the SHL playoff ( I think it was a record that he broke from Alfredsson)

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I watched some very brief highlights from last night's game. In the span of 2 minutes I saw
Drouin float

So... all that BS Drouin was spewing during all these golf tournaments is just that.

He did alote of little things in the 1st half of the game like good backchek and forecheck but in the 2nd half, it was tough. It’s still just the 1st pre season game, I don’t expect alote from the veterans

Reactions: dralaf and 26Mats

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019

If I know Clod, and I think I do, all of the following are headed for a career as third or forth line wingers:

1. Jasperi Koktkaniemi
2. Nick Suzuki
3. Ryan Poehling

Reactions: habsfan891

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
He did alote of little things in the 1st half of the game like good backchek and forecheck but in the 2nd half, it was tough. It’s still just the 1st pre season game, I don’t expect alote from the veterans
In Drouin's case I don't expect a lot pretty much ever. He is a lost cause as far as I am concerned and the sooner they get rid off him the better.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Lehkonen is a great 3rd liner. Excellant in PK and in forecheck but he need to refind his goal scoring ability ! He was supposed to be a good goal scorer when he was a prospect. 18 goals as a rookie in the NHL after scoring 11 goals in 16 games in the SHL playoff ( I think it was a record that he broke from Alfredsson)

I think its worth giving him a chance to at least start the year to see if he can regain that goal scoring touch he showed in the SHL and his first season. Domi helped Shaw put up career highs last year, maybe he can help Lehkonen find his scoring touch this year. Worst case Lehkonen struggles to find the back of the net and he goes back to being an effective third liner for us.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I think its worth giving him a chance to at least start the year to see if he can regain that goal scoring touch he showed in the SHL and his first season. Domi helped Shaw put up career highs last year, maybe he can help Lehkonen find his scoring touch this year. Worst case Lehkonen struggles to find the back of the net and he goes back to being an effective third liner for us.

He would be effective with 2 really good offensive player who can drive the play

Reactions: Trash Man

euhchepas

Jan 16, 2015
Drouin float

that was not his fault, weber gave him the puck in his feet when 2 players where already on him

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Veterans disappointing in pre season......that’s gotta be a first

and the excuses begin....
A lot of the vets looked good, Domi and Drouin were invisible, I'm pretty sure that wasn't the coaches had in mind, they may tell the vets to lead by example.

I know we have the policy 'relax, its the preseason' , around here.. but you should be able to take a pass and skate with the puck a little bit, in September.

What's with Domi's awful hair this year? Dude is rocking an 80's breakdancing look

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
i just watch the last 2 periods on CH express. Drouin was floating around, creating turnovers and doing very little offensively. I don't get why they are talking that much about Hudon on l'Antichambre. He looked like Pac yesterday trying to shoot as soon as he get the puck, even why 3 defenders in front of him. Fleury played better than Brooks. Was better with the puck. All in all, better to watch it in 60 min version. Wouldn't pay to see preseason live.

Reactions: Milhouse40

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
and the excuses begin....
A lot of the vets looked good, Domi and Drouin were invisible, I'm pretty sure that wasn't the coaches had in mind, they may tell the vets to lead by example.

I know we have the policy 'relax, its the preseason' , around here.. but you should be able to take a pass and skate with the puck a little bit, in September.

What's with Domi's awful hair this year? Dude is rocking an 80's breakdancing look
I think the excuses are valid. It is the 1st pre season game of the year.
Some players takes a bit longer to get going.
What I doubt is them playing with Arturri "aims at opponent's sticks" Lehkonen. They need a gritty player ala Shaw, I have more faith in Cousins on that line than Lehkonen but anyways, once again it's only the 1st game and they want to try some stuff so let's not be too worried there!

Reactions: Le Tricolore

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Drouin is a young player in the regular season and a veteran in preseason game.

So when he sucks in the regular season, it's because he's still young and when he sucks in the preseason, it's because he has nothing to prove since he a vet.

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
He
Drouin is a young player in the regular season and a veteran in preseason game.

So when he sucks in the regular season, it's because he's still young and when he sucks in the preseason, it's because he has nothing to prove since he a vet.

He should be playing like its the 7th game of the cup finals in every game in the pre-season, because that's obviously the the best way to prepare for a grueling 82 game season. /s

Seriously if he had scored 4 goals last night what would have been the narrative here?

"It's meaningless, its just the pre-season."

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
He

He should be playing like its the 7th game of the cup finals in every game in the pre-season, because that's obviously the the best way to prepare for a grueling 82 game season. /s

Seriously if he had scored 4 goals last night what would have been the narrative here?

"It's meaningless, its just the pre-season."
how about just playing well...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad