Post-Game Talk: Primo goaltending - Habs beat Devils 4-2

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
hahahahaha
Got caught out editing a post in the GDT not realizing it was going to close. It's preseason for everyone.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Only forward who look good tonight IMO:

Suzuki
Weal
Cousins
Thompson
Varone
Evans

The first line were a no show...
Hudon was really bad in the offensive zone, always losing the puck that was given to him from Weal and Suzuki
Weise was awful and slow pretty like Barber...

Reactions: Defangles

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Okay Adam we like you better when you report quick infos instead of lame jokes :laugh:

bCoiKxW.gif

:sarcasm:

Reactions: larrypacman8167

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
[MOD]Gaston Therrien..... Suzuki did nothing special and play like Plekanec, shoot in the belly of the goaltender..... and on Fleury he said did he really did something special tonight? I don't think so...

THERRIEN = MORON

Last edited by a moderator:

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
I like what I saw from Cousins, he plays with passion and he has an offensive touch. Domi is playing on the edge and interestingly woke up his team in a way despite the penalties. Jake Evans had a beautiful shorthanded goal. Hudon... I do not know what to say, I hope he plays better in another game: I find he reads the plays too slowly in the defensive zone (maybe thinks too much?).

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Brook and Fleury looks NHL ready. They should get a few regular season game in.

Cale Fleury reminds me a bit of a young Jeff Petry. He’s going to be an NHL player. Very smart puck moving defenceman.

Josh Brook looks very solid. Doesn’t look out of place. Reminds me a bit of Brett Pesce. He could also be a power play guy.

Too bad both are RD otherwise they would make the team. Noah Juulsen should be a bottom pairing behind these two.

Primeau looks to be a year or two away and he looks like a top prospect.

Suzuki doesn’t look small at all. He might get a few games here and there. In 2 or 3 years he should lead this team in scoring.

I’m impressed with Nick Cousins skating. He’s also a sounded defensive forward. I like the idea Cousins Byron on the third line.

Nate Thompson looks faster than last year.

Josh Evens looks to be one of those average player but he’s very smart position player. He isn’t fast but he knows where to be. I’m thinking he might have a shot bottom 6.

Reactions: LeHaboholique

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Primeau is going to be traded one day, and it's going to be a heart breaking moment.

Goaltending is a funny position. Primeau comes in with some hype, but it takes a while to see a goalie's true colours.

Condon looked very good in preseason, and he carried it into the regular season, until price went down. Then he fell off the rails, and never looked as good again.

Lindgren has looked promising before too, but his stock has been dropping.

Even Price himself was mired in a goaltending controversy, after an awful 2nd half to 08/09, and a poor 09/10.

So I'm reserving judgement on primeau for quite a while in terms of what we might have in him.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
[MOD] Gaston Therrien..... Suzuki did nothing special and play like Plekanec, shoot in the belly of the goaltender..... and on Fleury he said did he really did something special tonight? I don't think so...

THERRIEN = MORON
And he’s sorta pissed about all the rookies... I don’t get his angle at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Gaston Therrien in mid-season form with his terrible analysis. He said aside from his breakout, he didn't do much. He "wasn't as bad as the others" when referring the game from the prospects.

Carbo showing us that he has a much better eye for analyzing. He says that tonight, you could tell who has played in the NHL as they were a few notches above. He says those who have played in the AHL for a few years, were a notch above. Even those who played AHL for one year, you can see it in their game. And you can tell who is coming out of Junior. And that is a fair assessment.

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
Goaltending is a funny position. Primeau comes in with some hype, but it takes a while to see a goalie's true colours.

Condon looked very good in preseason, and he carried it into the regular season, until price went down. Then he fell off the rails, and never looked as good again.

Lindgren has looked promising before too, but his stock has been dropping.

Even Price himself was mired in a goaltending controversy, after an awful 2nd half to 08/09, and a poor 09/10.

So I'm reserving judgement on primeau for quite a while in terms of what we might have in him.
Sure, but Primeau is way younger than they both were. Primeau is 20, Condon was 25. Lindgren was 24.

Primeau has a natural positioning for his age, like Price had. Sure, he looks shaky but the basics of a good goaltender are already there.

I'm not saying he'll be as great as Price though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->