Post-Game Talk: Primo goaltending - Habs beat Devils 4-2

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You consider 26 young for a goalie? Because that's Binnington's age.

I never knew. I guess my point is Primeau has many of the same qualities and pedigree Price had at that age. Just missing the Calder Cup Run.:sarcasm: Not his fault though...

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I think the excuses are valid. It is the 1st pre season game of the year.
Some players takes a bit longer to get going.
What I doubt is them playing with Arturri "aims at opponent's sticks" Lehkonen. They need a gritty player ala Shaw, I have more faith in Cousins on that line than Lehkonen but anyways, once again it's only the 1st game and they want to try some stuff so let's not be too worried there!

I'm not a fan of Lehkonen, so he'll probably never impress me.

Reactions: PaulD

Jul 6, 2016
Eh, we got two super talented goalies with Ca-Pri as the first letters of their names and surnames.

Reactions: Aspirine

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
He

He should be playing like its the 7th game of the cup finals in every game in the pre-season, because that's obviously the the best way to prepare for a grueling 82 game season. /s

Seriously if he had scored 4 goals last night what would have been the narrative here?

"It's meaningless, its just the pre-season."

Oh snap, is the season really 82 games long? Are you sure? Jonathan was pretty sure it was only 58 games last year.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The player i watched the most was Drouin and i saw from him the same things i saw last year. It's just one pre-season game but so far it doesn't look like watching videos in the summer is enough. Hope he'll do more when the season starts cause it was sketchy at best yesterday.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
He

He should be playing like its the 7th game of the cup finals in every game in the pre-season, because that's obviously the the best way to prepare for a grueling 82 game season. /s

Seriously if he had scored 4 goals last night what would have been the narrative here?

"It's meaningless, its just the pre-season."

It's not meaningless if you see from a player what you saw the whole previous season. It's just one game but he did not prove he changed at all.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
It's not meaningless if you see from a player what you saw the whole previous season. It's just one game but he did not prove he changed at all.
Can't expect him to suddenly become a different player, it's not gonna happen. What we see is what we'll get, plus the odd game where he actually plays hard.

Reactions: OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I watched some very brief highlights from last night's game. In the span of 2 minutes I saw
Drouin float
Drouin creating a give away that lead to a break away on PP
Drouin avoid contact by giving up on a play

So... all that BS Drouin was spewing during all these golf tournaments is just that.
It's not really a surprise though. It was all PR aided by the organization, Bergevin traded our best LD prospect for a player with baggage, they will prop him up in any way that they can. We will trade him for pennies on the dollar, possibly at the tdl, mark my words.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
It's not really a surprise though. It was all PR aided by the organization, Bergevin traded our best LD prospect for a player with baggage, they will prop him up in any way that they can. We will trade him for pennies on the dollar, possibly at the tdl, mark my words.
I can't wait. Perhaps we can trade Bergevin as a throw in..

Reactions: OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The player i watched the most was Drouin and i saw from him the same things i saw last year. It's just one pre-season game but so far it doesn't look like watching videos in the summer is enough. Hope he'll do more when the season starts cause it was sketchy at best yesterday.
good for two games and bad for 10, that is John Drouin. He is what he is. I am not paying much attention to him, his points will come when nothing is on the line, he won't ever get another NHL contract like the gift he received from MB.

Reactions: habsfan891

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
to
Hudon was drafted by us though, it's different.
Hudon is a longshot and it's probably his last shot to make the Habs but I would rather the organization gives every chance to our prospects to prove themselves before giving up on them. Loyalty needs to work both ways, if you want people to respect the organization then the organization needs to earn it.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I'm 100% cool with guys like Drouin or Domi being disinterested or whatever during pre-season. Last thing we need is an important player getting hurt before the games matter.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I'm 100% cool with guys like Drouin or Domi being disinterested or whatever during pre-season. Last thing we need is an important player getting hurt before the games matter.
Unfortunately for Drouin, he decided to be a corpse for a third of a season.

Slacking off isn't really an option anymore, pre-season or otherwise.

Reactions: PaulD

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

I think what you see is what you get from drouin, unfortunately.

But I won't base it on his performance in the exhibition season. I don't blame any players with locked in roster spots to just go through the motions in exhibition time.

Reactions: Rapala

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
and the excuses begin....
A lot of the vets looked good, Domi and Drouin were invisible, I'm pretty sure that wasn't the coaches had in mind, they may tell the vets to lead by example.

I know we have the policy 'relax, its the preseason' , around here.. but you should be able to take a pass and skate with the puck a little bit, in September.

What's with Domi's awful hair this year? Dude is rocking an 80's breakdancing look

I think it really is the best for domi to relax after what he did last preseason!

Reactions: Rapala and MXD

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I think what you see is what you get from drouin, unfortunately.

But I won't base it on his performance in the exhibition season. I don't blame any players with locked in roster spots to just go through the motions in exhibition time.

That's the problem, we don't want Drouin to go through the motion cause the motions wasn't working well for him.
I would prefer to say that Drouin was invisible last night, but he was visible and not in a good way.

Reactions: Rapala and MXD

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
That's the problem, we don't want Drouin to go through the motion cause the motions wasn't working well for him.
I would prefer to say that Drouin was invisible last night, but he was visible and not in a good way.

I don't want him going through the motions either, but like I said, I think we already know what kind of player he is, and he's not changing.

All I'm saying is that the preseason is not my barometer for players who have guaranteed spots on the club.

The preseason is traditionally littered with strange results, where weaker rosters sometimes take it to the stronger rosters, and one of the reasons this happens IMO is that the stronger rosters have the familiar names, who are just going through the motions until the real season starts.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I don't want him going through the motions either, but like I said, I think we already know what kind of player he is, and he's not changing.

All I'm saying is that the preseason is not my barometer for players who have guaranteed spots on the club.

The preseason is traditionally littered with strange results, where weaker rosters sometimes take it to the stronger rosters, and one of the reasons this happens IMO is that the stronger rosters have the familiar names, who are just going through the motions until the real season starts.

I agree that it become more and more clear that what you see is what you get…..still not entirely sure but if that's the case, we should put him out there to find our much needed LHD cause that Drouin at that price could become real ugly here in Montreal

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Laflamme has already played over 3oo NHL games. He has been sent down, suspended, traded, and ripped........ expecting his game and effort to climb much more than it already has (or hasnt) Is unrealistic to say the least. He is what he is. At best, a flashy player.....not a great player.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Its a bit early for the Drouin bashing to start but the wolves were waiting in anticipation all summer long so no one should be surprised. I will give him the full pre season and even 4-5 regular season games before letting him affect my blood pressure.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Its a bit early for the Drouin bashing to start but the wolves were waiting in anticipation all summer long so no one should be surprised. I will give him the full pre season and even 4-5 regular season games before letting him affect my blood pressure.

You probably want to move that mark to 400-500 regular season games if you care about your blood pressure.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Come on buddy. Pretty impatient.

Atleast give him two pre seasons and two full regular seasons. If he stinks at the end of that, let the bashing commence. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad