Post-Game Talk: Primeau shuts out BJs 3-0

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Talk about trying to find the proverbial silver lining.

Well... yeah.

Shouldn't be too hard to find a silver lining when a rebuilding team has an off night, still ends up winning the game, and generated more high danger chances than the opponent.

But I know a lot of people are simultaneously expecting us to play offensively, have strong defensive structure, and draft top 5.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Well... yeah.

Shouldn't be too hard to find a silver lining when a rebuilding team has an off night, still ends up winning the game, and generated more high danger chances than the opponent.

But I know a lot of people are simultaneously expecting us to play offensively, have strong defensive structure, and draft top 5.
Yes. In law, we call that blowing and sucking at the same time.

This is an occasion where analytics are trumped by the eye test. A team that will probably be drafting before us had 22 shots in the first period, skated circles around us, was more dangerous killing penalties than our power play, missed the net on a ton of chances and would have beaten us by 5 goals but for Primeau’s heroics and a few provident goal posts.

Bottom line, if we play like this against Boston, Roy and Price in the nets at the same time, won’t save us.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Well... yeah.

I expect that.

Reactions: Canadienna

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Good on Primeau but he is getting sheltered starts. Let’s see if anyone will be bragging about our goaltending on Friday morning
This has been the opposite of true for most of the seasons he was mostly getting the tail end of back-to-back games against strong teams.

Good for him if he is finally getting some easier starts. It only balances it out a little.

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
One heck of an impressive performance from Primeau,great to see him get his head straightened out.

CC is a 1 dimensional sniper. Scouting is out on him he hasnt adjusted.
He was always more than just a sniper,he could and did make plays going through the ranks.

Reactions: Runner77

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
On pace for 40+ assists and near 70 pts in his first full NHL season.. I guess he'll be a 100 pt player when he finally adjusts.

His shot is likely going to be better next year and what he's learned this season, being better on the forecheck, defensively and at making plays for his linemates will only make him more dangerous. His shot has clearly been off while coming off a shoulder surgery, most likely reason is that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad