Post-Game Talk: Primeau shuts out BJs 3-0

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
We were out shot, out chanced, out skated and out played by a bottom feeder team. Other than Primeau, it was a bad night.
Not lost on some of us eh....................there were some good moments, and a good result, but Chester hits the nail here guys, it was not a good game by the team..............

Good on Primeau but he is getting sheltered starts. Let’s see if anyone will be bragging about our goaltending on Friday morning
He should get the Bruins...................but MSL may have other ideas.

Reactions: hvac412

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I’m gonna get some boos but Primeau is gonna be better than Montembeault.
Don't forget that his name is Ca____ Pri____. You can fill the blank spots and eventually make mistakes and another great goalie will come out.

Lol, seriously it seems he's better than we all tought. This is not good for tanking but good for the future. Let's not forget we had wins over bottom teams. An hot goalie can steal games any time, it happens all the time. Let's see long term how Ca____ Pri___u can handle the job.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Good on Primeau but he is getting sheltered starts. Let’s see if anyone will be bragging about our goaltending on Friday morning
Isn’t that the idea while trying to cultivate & grow a prospect afterall - baby steps / achievable goals w increased growth opportunities?

Reactions: Sorinth and Tyson

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

We are 7th last in the league and give up the 3rd most shots in the league per game at almost 34, no matter who this team plays the goalies usually get peppered with shots aside from the Anaheim game so there really are no sheltered starts.

5 of his 14 starts have came on the second night of back to backs where the team has been terrible all season. Also for a lot of his starts he's had like a week and a half between games which is difficult for a goalie to get into a rhythm.

It isn't a large sample size to say he's a future #1 goalie, but he's been in a tough situation for a young goalie and has made the most of his opportunities so far.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It hasn't been often that the Habs jump out to a big lead early, but this is not the first time they struggled with it.

It should get better as the team matures, but getting out front so big like that early on, I'm not surprised how the rest of the game unfolded.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Pound for pound they may be the most pathetic franchise in the NHL. Even the Coyotes had a conference finals run with Doan and the sexy Kachina jerseys.

Their most notable accomplishments in their 25 or so years of existence were beating the Leafs in the qualifying round of the 2020 playoffs and sweeping Tampa for their only series win. Aside from that the most coverage they've got was when they fired Babcock even before his first season started.

Kudos to their fanbase for still supporting them, they still come close to selling out despite having such a shitty, boring team for this many years.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
It hasn't been often that the Habs jump out to a big lead early, but this is not the first time they struggled with it.

It should get better as the team matures, but getting out front so big like that early on, I'm not surprised how the rest of the game unfolded.
They have been struggling with this for 10+ years, maturity has nothing to do with it. Most of the players on the team stop attacking/keep possession the moment they have a two goals lead.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
They have been struggling with this for 10+ years, maturity has nothing to do with it. Most of the players on the team stop attacking/keep possession the moment they have a two goals lead.

Even if you believe subscribe to that theory, the team's past has nothing to do with the current crop of players.

And I'm not trying to say that when the team develops, this kind-of thing will never happen again, but the occurrences will be lower. If we look around the league, getting ahead early and blowing it is not an uncommon event. The difference here is that the lack of quality opponent likely prevented it from getting tighter on the scoreboard, as much as they tried.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I only watched the third period and it looked bad. So if the first 2 were similar I wonder what Marty had to say after the game? Again, taking everything that is Primeau aside.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Damn Suzuki has been reading too many Selke comments recently. :skeptic:
There were at least two occasions last evening where he could have jumped into open ice to create an odd man situation.
Both times he preferred to stay back and cover the defensive side of the play.
He was either gassed and realized the danger or purposely opted to play it safe.
Either way it was responsible but hard on the O numbers. :help:

Reactions: Runner77

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Habs better raise the compete level come Thursday
It was a hard game to watch. We looked overmatched for all but the first 5 minutes. The Blue Jackets skated through and by us with ease all night long and had offensive control in our zone for minutes at a time. We made them look like the 1986 Oilers. I don't know what happened, but either we had a bad game or the Blue Jackets are far better than their record indicates, And they were missing some of their best players.

Let's hope the game was anomaly. But for whatever reason, we were caught slow last night. Really slow.

Reactions: Tyson

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Primeau was exceptional. I’d be happy to be wrong about him.
That was definitely not a good win for the habs though. They got incredibly lucky against a very depleted, lower seeded team. Most nights, they’d get spanked playing like that. Without Some huge saves by Primeau and 3 posts, that game could’ve been very different.

Reactions: Runner77

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I only watched the third period and it looked bad. So if the first 2 were similar I wonder what Marty had to say after the game? Again, taking everything that is Primeau aside.
MSL said the team played well defensively to limit Columbus to low scoring chances. And he's not that wrong, despite dominating possession, Columbus didn't get more high danger according to naturalstattrick chances at 5v5 than the Habs...PK/PP is another story.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
MSL said the team played well defensively to limit Columbus to low scoring chances. And he's not that wrong, despite dominating possession, Columbus didn't get more high danger according to naturalstattrick chances at 5v5 than the Habs...PK/PP is another story.
Talk about trying to find the proverbial silver lining.

Reactions: The Real Timo

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Our style.......of play has to change. I hope MSL is up to the challenge. This is all on the coaching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad