Player Discussion Price's contract ( Poll ):good or bad

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Price got what he deserved, but I'm a habs fan first, and I don't like it.

The mentality of the team being built around a superstar goalie is not good enough for the ultimate goal. Its just gotten that much harder for the habs to build a Stanley cup threat, especially for a management team that has struggled hard in the drafting department for several years now.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Price got what he deserved, but I'm a habs fan first, and I don't like it.

The mentality of the team being built around a superstar goalie is not good enough for the ultimate goal. Its just gotten that much harder for the habs to build a Stanley cup threat, especially for a management team that has struggled hard in the drafting department for several years now.

Hes not that superstar, he gets beaten by any goalie in the playoffs and Halak took his spot....yes HAlak

wildD

Jul 25, 2015
I more in the middle option
I like the 8 year term, but the no movement and 10.5 is hard to swallow.

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
What make my laugh is "the best goaler" received less the 12M and that a good deal... it's like the Crosby contract for me.

Good contract, We all know that it would be high. 10.5 AAV is good. Superstar have
Got the max (Kopitar, Toews, Malkins, etc.)

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
What make my laugh is "the best goaler" received less the 12M and that a good deal... it's like the Crosby contract for me.

Good contract, We all know that it would be high. 10.5 AAV is good. Superstar have
Got the max (Kopitar, Toews, Malkins, etc.)

I can't quite put my finger on it but I think there is something that those guys may have done to earn it that Price hasn't come close to yet... hmm...

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Loving the deal. He's the best goalie in the NHL and deserves every penny of this contract.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Not my money, he'll be good for at least 5 of those 8 years, and afterwards (if he's still around), Lindgren will be ready to start for cheap and we'll just have a very expensive platoon for a while, then maybe that final year is an anchor and a half we may have to dump in Arizona... as if they'll still be around by then. We'll dump him in Vegas, there you go.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Hes not that superstar, he gets beaten by any goalie in the playoffs and Halak took his spot....yes HAlak

There you are with Halak. Lol it's been 7 years since he had his fluke run, when are you going to get over it?

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
We've had 8 years of Price at $2.75 and $6.5. That's a ridiculous amount of time for management to have to put a good product in front of him. In that time, he's finished top 5 in Vezina voting 4 times, won a Hart and Lindsay, Gold Medal, and WC. It was time to pay up. The raise sucks but it was inevitable.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Id like it lower but thats on MB. He has only made the team worse even with cap friendly deals and Molson is ok because of a few playoff dates.

It wasnt going to change. Because Molson is an idiot, MB will be around a minium 5 yrs. MB knows Price ensures this.

Its the way it will be until Molson accepts more than just losing in round one and cans MB.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Career Playoffs:
60 GP
25 W
31 L
2.53 GAA
.914 SV%

Looking forward to early playoffs exit for the next 11 years.

There's a clause in this new contract, he will keep a 2.0 goal average in the playoffs, I mean score two himself, so he can win some games.

If you don't like him now is the time to leave maybe, he'll be here for always.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
It's a lot of money for giving up one less goal every ten games or so.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I don't like it, but if you are going to be stubborn about building from the rear this is the kind of untrade-able contract you are going to end with. It was easy to predict, just like how it's going to end.

(Compliance buyout...)

Last edited:

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I think the contract is too much but it's the price you need to pay for someone like him in this market.

Where I think it's totally ****ing stupid is where you go and commit this kind of money to him but you do absolutely nothing to address the holes at D or at C and have no plans, no vision, and are hamstrung by the cap in the short term so you can't do anything. How can you give him this contract and have no follow up moves after?

Edited for sensitivity

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad