Value of: Price to Avs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Price is still a great goalie. We're not retaining anything and he's not going anywhere. We have absolutely no reason to trade him.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Take a look at the betting odds.
There is no chance in hell the jump would be even remotely as big.
2% upgrade going from Grubauer to Price is probably already a very generous assumption..
Might be one of the biggest issues on this board.
Fans don't seem to realize how small the actual odds even for the best roster on paper are year in and year out.
Which is why it doesn't make any sense to make braindead all-in moves like that...

Avs right now are the team with the best odds to win the Stanley Cup in 2021@ 11.76% ahead of the Lightning who have a 9.6% chance at winning the cup.
Believing that the Avs odds would jump by 15 % just because of Price is completely delusional and shows that you like many others do not really have a grasp on how odds and percentages work and explains why posters like you seem to think dumb moves like that might actually be a good idea...
Jeez winning the Cup at all cost would be the thing to do.
Ask the Sharks and their fans if they could replay it they might have sacrifice the future for a cup win over what they actually did.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Proving your point?

It's a stupid point to make. Of course Price doesn't guarantee a cup.
f***ing McDavid himself, a player is better than anyone on the Lightning's roster (or anyone in the league for that matter) doesn't guarantee a cup either, bro. What are you thinking/talking about?
Let's me try to make this even simpler:
r e a d t h e p o s t t h a t i r e p l i e d t o

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
You are not adding Price in a vacuum.
He comes with one of the ugliest contracts in the league and completely screws you over for the last 3-4 years of his contract. You basically have very little chance of winning if your 10M+ goalie starts aging. Especially on a team like the Avs that by then will have to pay all of his young star players...

Avs with Price would be a significantly weaker team especially once they have to pay Makar/MacKinnon/Landeskog...
They would be Toronto but way worse....
They would have to win the cup next year or at the very latest the year after or this would be one of the biggest blunders ever made. There is no logic behind the Avs risking that. None...
Except for winning the cup for the next 2 seasons. No that means nothing.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Grubauer was 5-0-1 with a 0.937 SV% through the playins and the 1st round of the playoffs.

Francouz started 30 regular season games and was 21-7-4 with the 6th best SV% in the NHL as a rookie backup.

It's not like Carey Price (or anyone else on the market today) is immune to injuries, so making a move doesn't necessarily solve the problem we had this season. Injuries happen, and I'd much rather give them another chance instead of replacing them because they both were injured at the wrong time.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
And we're supposed to believe, without a shred of evidence, that the Avs will win the Cup with Price in net? I'm guessing you also have a bridge for sale.
Yes, according to one of these habs posters, our odds to win the cup would jump from 10% to 25% with the addition of Price. Price is more important to our team winning than the entire rest of our roster (10% on their own, 15% from Price himself) so I just wonder now why the habs don't have the top spot at 16ish%?

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
And we're supposed to believe, without a shred of evidence, that the Avs will win the Cup with Price in net? I'm guessing you also have a bridge for sale.
Nothing than adding Price would give you the best shot.
I understand with the cap hit and not wanting to destroy the teams future.
But to anyone arguing the notion that Price doesn't give you the best shot during the next couple of seasons ....delusional, trolling or hate the Habs so deeply they won't admit it.
You can see all 3 by some of the responses in this thread.
And you can see some admit that Price added gives you the best chance .

Name any one player you would have liked to to add to your playoff rooster this past season if he came free with no cap hit.
PS It can't come from a team you faced in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I think we've seen enough of this thread, overall very little interest from Avs fans in four pages. Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad