Post-Game Talk: Price shines in another come from behind win. Habs over Canucks 3-2

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
Man that call on Lehkonen was such garbage. What an absolute joke
As much I hate the call ( in a tie game 3rd period), I'd like to see that interference out of the game. Or at least Lekhonen could have tried to sell it better, like faking to get in position for a shot rather than just bloking to give time for his teammate to shoot. There would be more scoring chances if that kind of interference as out of the game.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Pretty sure the fur coat was to indicate that Tatar was the Habs' player of the game, as the Habs' players have been giving a fur-lined coat (a Game of Thrones replica coat) to the best player of each winning game.

Not saying it was a good look, but there was purpose in wearing it.

There was no issue with the cape the Tatar Guy was wearing. I thought it was a good look and fit well with his fandom of Tatar, who has worn the roadkill cape nicely.

The comment was really about how badly he mangled his Tatar signature line. He had the look down, with the cape -- however, despite the efforts he put into his appearance, it didn't help him overcome the botched delivery of his signature line.

Reactions: philipsson

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Sergachev with his 0 goal 7 asst this year ...How does 0 goals help us ? Again Mete can move the puck but he doesnt score....no real help ....

Drouin 7 goals 10 asst has helped us much more...I think will see Drouin be a 80+ a year player soon....Serg will be good..but again i think we got what we need..
Come on man. D-men shouldn't be judged on goals as much as forwards are. And Drouin as a 80 point player is a very bold claim. What has he done in his career to indicate that's in his future? Is he really better than Kovalev in his prime?

Mete is someone I was never as high on as most here but we're ruining any chance he has by payingp him in the nhl. He's just in over his head. When Weber is back I hope he goes to Laval
I agree.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
There was no issue with the cape the Tatar Guy was wearing. I thought it was a good look and fit well with his fandom of Tatar, who has worn the roadkill cape nicely.

The comment was really about how badly he mangled his Tatar signature line. He had the look down, with the cape -- however, despite the efforts he put into his appearance, it didn't help him overcome the botched delivery of his signature line.
100% agreed, he should let it die now, let the fans use it in fond memory, enjoy his free game tickets and dinner, and go quietly into the night.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Montreal Canadiens 2018-19 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com

The top three point getters are all bigtime trades bergevin has made the last 2 years oddly enough, the team will never go anywhere unless domi and drouin produce at least 65+ point seasons in the coming years

but god its great to see Kotkaniemi up that list
Of course they'd be Bergevin acquisitions, he's been the GM for the better part of a decade now. Who else's acquisitions would they be?

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
That no looker breakaway pass...that was dare i say elite

Just a brilliant goal all round. Tatar timing his move so the puck (just) goes over the blue line first and his instant control of that pass......boom. The sort of play that makes hockey such a beautiful game and gets internet watchers in England up out of their sofa shouting at around 1:30am (and probably in trouble with the neighbours).

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Talkin about the risky trades bud
Sergachev-Drouin was a bad trade last year. Remains to be seen how it plays out, I'm not a fan of it whatsoever. Drouin's riding a hot Domi so far.

Chucky-Domi wasn't nearly as risky. Chucky hadn't progressed in Montreal and Julien didn't like him, he was on his way out. Domi's crazy hot performance has been incredible and unanticipated, I don't think anyone would've pegged him to get 80 points this year and I don't think anyone will bet on it even now. Great trade so far, for sure.

As for Tatar, he's been a wonderful surprise too. I'd like to see how they fare toward the end of the season before confirming any statement. The Weber trade looked acceptable during the first half of his first season as a Hab too...

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
To be honest, I couldn't understand it when Wing fans posted on our forum and told us how likeable he is. I just thought it's a Detroit fan thing but you know what -- they were so right. There's something about his personality, he's quirky and so charismatic.

And he'll play along on virtually anything that fans throw at him.

He'll engage with fans on Twitter. And he's always ready to produce a gif-worthy move.

Here's to you, Tomas Tatar. For being you. Please don't change.

And thank-you Detroit fans, we love him! We'll be treating him well. :handclap:

Famous last words. When you say we do you mean Hab fans or you and like-minded people? Cause let Tatar go on a 10 game slump and we'll see how well he'll be treated by Hab fans.

Reactions: Big Lurk

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Ok, who plays wing in the top 6 over drouin?

Jeff petry, what kind of winger you reckon he could return in a trade? Certainly not the wheeler/Hall/Benn/ caliber, probably closer to a drouin type talent, no?

Top 4 d for second line winger?

I don't think the trade is as disasterous as is made out here, and that's what I see sergachev turning out as, a Jeff petry type player.
Or we keep sergechev and sign Radulov who is a better player than drouin in every facet of the game other than age.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Sergachev with his 0 goal 7 asst this year ...How does 0 goals help us ? Again Mete can move the puck but he doesnt score....no real help ....

Drouin 7 goals 10 asst has helped us much more...I think will see Drouin be a 80+ a year player soon....Serg will be good..but again i think we got what we need..
:shakehead I said at the beginning of the year Sergechev would have his sophomore slump. Comparing drouin riding domi's coat tails while finally being on the wing doesn't change the fact we played him at #1 center last season for less than 50 points. We need a PMD and 7 points is still good at .5ppg for a 20 year old. He isn't going to be just another petry.

What drouin is bringing could have been replaced by radulov being resigned. Or having Markov resigned could have negated some of the issue of trading for Drouin. I am waiting out the season before I suddenly call him an 80+ point player. I am just hoping for him to be a consistent contributor and put up 65. He is a little fragile and may not even last the whole season.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
:shakehead I said at the beginning of the year Sergechev would have his sophomore slump. Comparing drouin riding domi's coat tails while finally being on the wing doesn't change the fact we played him at #1 center last season for less than 50 points. We need a PMD and 7 points is still good at .5ppg for a 20 year old. He isn't going to be just another petry.

What drouin is bringing could have been replaced by radulov being resigned. Or having Markov resigned could have negated some of the issue of trading for Drouin. I am waiting out the season before I suddenly call him an 80+ point player. I am just hoping for him to be a consistent contributor and put up 65. He is a little fragile and may not even last the whole season.

The jury is still out on Drouin for me. He may not be a Radulov - a play driver that can lead his line, as Domi is. But if he can be a good player that can play with a Radulov/Domi, as Pacioretty and Galchneyuk were, that's an important piece to have. And we don't have a lot of those players. Only Domi, Gallagher and Kotkaniemi are above his talent level. Tatar is more consistent, but he's also bout to turn 28. Drouin has a lot to work on, and his decisions with the puck and where to position himself defensively are maddening. But he's still young, So I'm hoping (not confident, but hopeful) he can improve in those areas.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Or we keep sergechev and sign Radulov who is a better player than drouin in every facet of the game other than age.

After scoring 1 goal per game and being a one-line team while being bounced in the 1st round to the Rangers, we needed to resign Radulov AND acquire 1 or 2 top six forwards. Instead we let Radulov walk, get a wild card offensive winger and put him at center for our best trade chip, and start the year with Galchneyuk on the 4th line and Pacioretty in his spot on the halfwall on the pp. What a disaster. Don't get me started on the dcore.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005

Regarding Radulov and/or Markov being resigned, I agree, but in hindsight I’m happy it didn’t happen that way as I think they would have played just well enough to compete last year, and it would have been an excuse to keep around Pacioretty (and possibly Galchenyuk too). The fact that he didn’t resign those players exposed how bad this team really was and kind of forced Bergevin to admit his team was a failure. Because of that they went into rebuild mode and so far the results are very encouraging. We have one of the youngest forward cores in the NHL with some more good young players on the way. Anyways, I’m happier where we are now then I have been in a while.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
The jury is still out on Drouin for me. He may not be a Radulov - a play driver that can lead his line, as Domi is. But if he can be a good player that can play with a Radulov/Domi, as Pacioretty and Galchneyuk were, that's an important piece to have. And we don't have a lot of those players. Only Domi, Gallagher and Kotkaniemi are above his talent level. Tatar is more consistent, but he's also bout to turn 28. Drouin has a lot to work on, and his decisions with the puck and where to position himself defensively are maddening. But he's still young, So I'm hoping (not confident, but hopeful) he can improve in those areas.

If Sergechev goes on to win a norris (in a bad year or something) then Drouin will have to have had one hell of a playoff series with us like radulov with 7 points in 6 games while Dan-O had 3 points and patches had 1 assist. Rad is a playoff guy which is what we needed more than anything. This trade will be rehashed for a long time. We still talk about the Roy trade and its been 23 years. Or even the Gomez trade almost a decade ago. I doubt its that bad, but you never can tell. Just hoping for 60+ a year from an involved drouin who back checks once in a while.

Patches after his trade is one of most hated players, often by the same people who use to defend his lazy play. But his stat line looked pretty damn good with 4 seasons over 60 points(including one where he missed almost 10 games) and almost a PPG in the short season. But we all know that he wasn't even driving the plays even with such good stats. Hoping Drouin proves me wrong. Domi sure has so far this season.
2012-13Montreal CanadiensNHL4415243928840004
2013-14Montreal CanadiensNHL733921603581756118
2014-15Montreal CanadiensNHL8037306732381152716
2015-16Montreal CanadiensNHL8230346434-10----------
2016-17Montreal CanadiensNHL81353267381560117
2017-18Montreal CanadiensNHL6417203730-16---------
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Regarding Radulov and/or Markov being resigned, I agree, but in hindsight I’m happy it didn’t happen that way as I think they would have played just well enough to compete last year, and it would have been an excuse to keep around Pacioretty (and possibly Galchenyuk too). The fact that he didn’t resign those players exposed how bad this team really was and kind of forced Bergevin to admit his team was a failure. Because of that they went into rebuild mode and so far the results are very encouraging. We have one of the youngest forward cores in the NHL with some more good young players on the way. Anyways, I’m happier where we are now then I have been in a while.
Reminds me a lot of 2013.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Famous last words. When you say we do you mean Hab fans or you and like-minded people? Cause let Tatar go on a 10 game slump and we'll see how well he'll be treated by Hab fans.

Objective "we" -- as in a generic manner.

Sure, there will be slumps. The comment was meant more in respect of the player's engaging personality. Am well aware of how brutal this fan base can be.

You gotta take the good with the bad. Right now, it's just about enjoying the ride.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad