Post-Game Talk: Price shines in another come from behind win. Habs over Canucks 3-2

Jul 6, 2016
I’m actually really enjoying watching this team right now, but we need a lot of more then a little bit of size and and an approvement on the left side D before you can even mumble the words Montreal Canadiens and contender under the same breathe.

I see only three teams which got everything to go far in the Playoffs: Winnipeg, Nashville and TB. The rest will be a dog fight. And Habs could be one of the best of these with some tweakings.

Reactions: Tyson

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
@Runner77

How was the game?? I recorded the game through Bell, and tried to access it online after through Bell Fibe TV, I got to watch 3mins of it and then it just froze and I can’t watch the game GRRRRR

Maybe because I’m in Columbia it won’t allow me to watch it.....I’m pissed but glad we got the win

It picked up in the last 10 minutes. Habs's past good fortunes in Vancouver, held true again.

If you can open this link, you'll see everything you've missed out on: Spoiler Free NHL Highlights

It's fun reading you from Bogota and somehow, you never write about where you are in our travel thread. :laugh:

What if I rename the travel thread, Worldwide Search for a Kabana Clone -- would that work?:sarcasm:

Safe travels, my friend.

Reactions: jaffy27

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Another pizza maker! Very nice, i'd been eating that if i was there..."might be" half left for you ;)...lol

Love pizza , eat a ton of it(even for breakfast)..lol...easy to do when you make your own eh ? and not have to pay $15-$20 bucks a pop..

If the Habs win a cup in the next 1 to 40 years, us pizza makers(groovejuice, cphabs, myself and i'm sure there are more pizza pie makers here) should plan a 2-3 day victory celebration "HFBOARDS Habs pizza party" at some central location...everyone here invited...lol :)

Too bad he was late to the pizza wars. I heard you and Groove have quite the competition going. :D

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
I see only three teams which got everything to go far in the Playoffs: Winnipeg, Nashville and TB. The rest will be a dog fight. And Habs could be one of the best of these with some tweakings.

And one can argue that Winnipeg and Nashville dosnt have a good enough C-line, Little is on the downside of his career, Roslovic dont seem to be ready to handle the 2C role, Nashville with Johansen and Turris got a mediocre 1-2 punch for a contender and they lack elite fire power on offense and for Tbay, they are maybe the only team in the league that have a smaller forward grouo then us(Johnson,Point,Kucherov,Gourde etc etc).. No team is Perfect and i dont know how far we are from being a contender exactly but the left side of our D needs help badly and it should be priority no1 for Bergy.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Too bad he was late to the pizza wars. I heard you and Groove have quite the competition going. :D

I took history and read about the Great Pizza War in 1972 ...mushrooms were sliced to death ....ham and pepperoni baked to death..even the toughest onions were made to cry....I would never go into or start a pizza war....:)
History shows the cost is just too high....**Pizzapeace**...

Reactions: Runner77

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
It picked up in the last 10 minutes. Habs's past good fortunes in Vancouver, held true again.

If you can open this link, you'll see everything you've missed out on: Spoiler Free NHL Highlights

It's fun reading you from Bogota and somehow, you never write about where you are in our travel thread. :laugh:

What if I rename the travel thread, Worldwide Search for a Kabana Clone -- would that work?:sarcasm:

Safe travels, my friend.
:laugh:

Love it!!

Thanks for the wishes.....Lima Peru tonight then home.....muchas gracias mano:)

Reactions: Runner77

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I took history and read about the Great Pizza War in 1972 ...mushrooms were sliced to death ....ham and pepperoni baked to death..even the toughest onions were made to cry....I would never go into or start a pizza war....:)
History shows the cost is just too high....**Pizzapeace**...

Sounds like Bell Center pizza to me

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Boston and Washington are a lot better than they are right now. Boston has almost its entire D at the clinic.

Let's see how the Habs do in the next 20 before going too further into extrapolation.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Boston and Washington are a lot better than they are right now. Boston has almost its entire D at the clinic.

Let's see how the Habs do in the next 20 before going too further into extrapolation.

We also have our entire D (Weber) at the clinic.

Reactions: Walrus26

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
They are asking price to outright or borderline steal every game. It's not possible.

They are "for real" if they figure out how to reduce the ridiculous amount of chances they are giving up.

I think it's been like this almost all year actually. The difference in the last stretch is that it seems their sustained possession time in the offensive zone has come down, so there's just more time available to do damage on the other end.

I'm not sure if this comment is from last year, this year in particular they specifically haven't been relying on their goalies to steal games. Price came through very big in the last two, but I would say it really hasn't been this way "almost all year".

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I'm not sure if this comment is from last year, this year in particular they specifically haven't been relying on their goalies to steal games. Price came through very big in the last two, but I would say it really hasn't been this way "almost all year".

I'm not saying they have relied on their goalies all year to steal games. That has been the case for the last several games, though.

What I am saying is that they have had the same issues almost all year, and the reason that the pressure on goalies is more evident now is that the Habs are not sustaining pressure in the other end, which leaves more time for the opposition to exploit the Habs crappy defensive coverage.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I'm not saying they have relied on their goalies all year to steal games. That has been the case for the last several games, though.

What I am saying is that they have had the same issues almost all year, and the reason that the pressure on goalies is more eveident now is that the Habs are not sustaining pressure in the other end, which leaves more time for the opposition to exploit the Habs crappy defensive coverage.

I agree with that absolutely, but they haven't been asking the goalies to steal every game as you had previously mentioned.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I agree with that absolutely, but they haven't been asking the goalies to steal every game as you had previously mentioned.

What I'm trying to imply is that their stretch of the last several games is conducive to the goalies having to steal games, or at least close to it.

In certain games during this stretch, they have outscored their defensive issues, but that's not sustainable. This current form will require the goalies to be show stealers to get 2 points on a consistent basis.

They either have to find a way to regain some sustained pressure offensively again, or tighten up defensively, which they have yet to show this year. Preferably both, but one of these elements would probably break this disturbing trend at least.

Reactions: muzion

durojean

May 29, 2007
Mete is a replacement-level player. Juulsen is still young but I see the potential. Brooks and Fleury are not NHLers and therefore not in the discussion.

McD, Subban, and Sergy vs Fischer, Tinordi, Beaulieu

I'll take it, fine. You're right.

Mete is 20 years old and a 5th round draft pick... Even if he becomes Josh Gorges that's amazing.

Talk about expectation...

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Mete is 20 years old and a 5th round draft pick... Even if he becomes Josh Gorges that's amazing.

Talk about expectation...
It's a result business. If Mete is playing at a replace-level player level, then he's replaceable. I don't care if he's 40 or 20 or a 1st round pick or not.

He's not particularly good right now so he's no coup of a draft pick. He happened to make the team because he could skate and Bergevin decimated the defense and there were gaping holes. Hurrah.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad