Post-Game Talk: Price shines in another come from behind win. Habs over Canucks 3-2

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
It’s going to be solid to see a lineup of:

Drouin Domi Shaw
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Byron Kotkaniemi Armia
Hudon Peca Lehkonen

Mete Weber
Reilly Petry
Ouellet Juulsen

If we can get that going, it’ll be a solid top to bottom lineup. Maybe an upgrade on Reilly if the Habs could find a fit.

I think the reason both Benn and Schlemko play is the PK.

So it's probably:

Reilly-Weber
Benn-Petry
Schlemko-Juulsen

Until Mete becomes a solid PKer. Can't really send him down. The Rocket have 8-men with Olofsson back. There has to be a move somewhere. Either from the Rocket or the Habs. 17 defensemen is too much. 16 if you don't count Lamarche.

Jul 6, 2016
I think the reason both Benn and Schlemko play is the PK.

So it's probably:

Reilly-Weber
Benn-Petry
Schlemko-Juulsen

Until Mete becomes a solid PKer. Can't really send him down. The Rocket have 8-men with Olofsson back. There has to be a move somewhere. Either from the Rocket or the Habs. 17 defensemen is too much. 16 if you don't count Lamarche.

Mete can be, and should be, sent down to Laval. Don't worry about Laval's d-Corp. They can send their extra D's to ECHL easily.
The kid is still physically weak, has not scored a single goal in his NHL carreer. Has no shot.

Reactions: Big Lurk

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Ok ..when groovejuice posted his pizza pic, i got really hungry LOL.... :)

I got up made some dough shortly after for 2 quick small pizzas..As i was putting on the toppings(mozza cheese with herb and garlic) and watching the game the Habs scored the winner.....good luck pizzas..... :)

View attachment 155705
Nice pies! Here’s mine!

Attachments

• D940CC98-0291-4B46-8EDF-584A20F6C821.jpeg
    D940CC98-0291-4B46-8EDF-584A20F6C821.jpeg
    383.2 KB · Views: 9

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Are we gonna talk about every single ex-Hab players after each freagin game ?

Why not just praise - or bash - the actual cast of players ?
That’s a very Un-HF thing to do :laugh:

Thing is, if we kept Radulov we wouldn’t have gotten Kotka and Pacioretty’s production is still good so he’s signed to a 8 year extension and we have no Tatar or no Suzuki.

We have what we have, really like our fwd group and the right side of our D

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
He gets 70+ I will buy a jersey

70 really isn't that big of a stretch for Drouin imo. Just look at Mackinnon. Went from 52, 53 to 97 points (in 74 games). I always had the 2 close, and have always felt there was a lot of untapped potential there.

Not saying Drouin will score 97 points, but if he finally breaks out 70 is hardly some huge number.

Can't believe Tatar is outproducing Max Paccioretty.... :laugh:

Yeah. Tatar is definitely producing more than i expected, even if i had always been pretty high on him. I fully expected him to rebound and be good for 20-25 goals this years, but 17 in 20 is a big surprise.

I think the biggest factor to me here is Pacioretty. I expected a huge year from him, and i'm super disappointed (and surprised) at his lack of productivity so far. I still think he turns it around...but i guess we'll see.

Reactions: Victorius

Jul 6, 2016
70 really isn't that big of a stretch for Drouin imo. Just look at Mackinnon. Went from 52, 53 to 97 points (in 74 games). I always had the 2 close, and have always felt there was a lot of untapped potential there.

Not saying Drouin will score 97 points, but if he finally breaks out 70 is hardly some huge number.

Yeah. Tatar is definitely producing more than i expected, even if i had always been pretty high on him. I fully expected him to rebound and be good for 20-25 goals this years, but 17 in 20 is a big surprise.

I think the biggest factor to me here is Pacioretty. I expected a huge year from him, and i'm super disappointed (and surprised) at his lack of productivity so far. I still think he turns it around...but i guess we'll see.

This year Vegas team is exactly what should had been last year's Vegas team....

But they have very good young prospects and a shit load of picks in the next couple of seasons.

I am just very surprised they are throwing milions of $ to Patches, Tuch, Theodore, Schmidt. They gonna have to pay big bucks to Karlsson as well very soon.

Reactions: cphabs

Jul 6, 2016
That’s a very Un-HF thing to do :laugh:

Thing is, if we kept Radulov we wouldn’t have gotten Kotka and Pacioretty’s production is still good so he’s signed to a 8 year extension and we have no Tatar or no Suzuki.

We have what we have, really like our fwd group and the right side of our D

We still need a bit of size up front and improve the left side of the D to become real contenders.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Good omen for later on this short trip. I'm always more concerned about the long trip out west around or after X-Mas (is it?). That usually kills our early starts and we blame the team's size for the results.
Around early March we generally hit the California trip. Which has been terrible for years.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Around early March we generally hit the California trip. Which has been terrible for years.
Terrible is an understatement................hopefully by March, the Kings will have checked out, and maybe the Ducks could also be had...as for San Jose, it's been like 17-18 years since we won there....amazing...we usually come home with 1-2 pts that's it.

Reactions: Runner77

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Nice pies! Here’s mine!

Another pizza maker! Very nice, i'd been eating that if i was there..."might be" half left for you ;)...lol

Love pizza , eat a ton of it(even for breakfast)..lol...easy to do when you make your own eh ? and not have to pay $15-$20 bucks a pop..

If the Habs win a cup in the next 1 to 40 years, us pizza makers(groovejuice, cphabs, myself and i'm sure there are more pizza pie makers here) should plan a 2-3 day victory celebration "HFBOARDS Habs pizza party" at some central location...everyone here invited...lol :)

Last edited:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

I got thinking about stuff like that..with the new guys Domi Tatar Dru, i never looked it up to see for sure,but for example Domi is over PPG vs Flames....

So adding in new guys like that can change your bad luck out west etc...just like this one
we came out 2W - 1 L..

Last edited:

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
It is weird that Pac67's production dropped big in Vegas just like Tatar in Vegas...weird thing,...

Tatar Vegas- 20 games 6 pts
Pac67 Vegas -16 games 4 pts...

Max P was complete ASS in his last season in Montreal though. And Tatar was pretty decent in last season in DET if I recall correctly

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
It is weird that Pac67's production dropped big in Vegas just like Tatar in Vegas...weird thing,...

Tatar Vegas- 20 games 6 pts
Pac67 Vegas -16 games 4 pts...
maybe the reigning gm of the year trades pacioretty (retaining salary of course) along with Cody Glass and a second for Corey Perry

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
maybe the reigning gm of the year trades pacioretty (retaining salary of course) along with Cody Glass and a second for Corey Perry

:)
he didn't hold Tatar long after giving up a 1st 2nd 3rd round pick.......Pac67's rope might be short too if he doesnt start producing....

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
We still need a bit of size up front and improve the left side of the D to become real contenders.

I’m actually really enjoying watching this team right now, but we need a lot of more then a little bit of size and and an approvement on the left side D before you can even mumble the words Montreal Canadiens and contender under the same breathe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad