Speculation: Price/Miller swap?

CanadiensVault

Jan 22, 2013
I don't know what kind of world some people live in, but it's not reality. Why do people think Price is worth a ton on the trade market? The guy just signed a huge contract and is coming off his worst year. Very shaky, easily rattled, no stellar stats, nothing exciting about Price right now. He's not an appealing goaltender of the future until he proves something. And no, junior level doesn't count. Price for Miller straight up is all we'd get.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
It's a risky manuver at best, crippling at worst. Vanek is a great player though, and he often destroys the Bruins single-handedly. This is the kind of deal, if it were actually to be discussed on a professional level, where the organization's trust in Fucale would likely come into play.

Last edited:

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I realize that this isn't a serious proposal or at the very least I hope not. Price will bounce back this season and could with the additions in the off-season, lead the Habs on a serious run at the Stanley Cup. Anyone that thinks otherwise may have a real eye opening in store for them. Bergevin didn't bring Stefan Waite into coach Price for laughs, Briere to play his last couple of seasons because he thought that Danny would look good in a Habs uniform. Parros in to join White, Prust and Moen, to play regular season hockey. If that is the case then I've certainly missed my guess on the type of men Bergevin and Therrien are, and I'm backing the wrong team.

Now with that rant over with, reasons for Ryan Miller to never play for Montreal.

1) He has gotten himself in more trouble shooting his mouth off in Buffalo, I can't begin to think what would happen to him in Montreal's media focus. He would probably melt even in winter.
2) Playing goal for Buffalo when Lindy Ruff was coach, made life sweet for the goalie, don't expect any comeback season of great proportions.
3) Nervous breakdowns would be everyday occurrences, dealing with the criticism of the Habs fans. Finding that getting three shutouts in a row and then losing two in a row, the fans are calling for a trade. Players need to have thick skin to play in Montreal, we're talking elephant hide thickness.

No I just don't see that happening and it won't happen so enjoy the laughs.:laugh:

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
I realize that this isn't a serious proposal or at the very least I hope not. Price will bounce back this season and could with the additions in the off-season, lead the Habs on a serious run at the Stanley Cup. Anyone that thinks otherwise may have a real eye opening in store for them. Bergevin didn't bring Stefan Waite into coach Price for laughs, Briere to play his last couple of seasons because he thought that Danny would look good in a Habs uniform. Parros in to join White, Prust and Moen, to play regular season hockey. If that is the case then I've certainly missed my guess on the type of men Bergevin and Therrien are, and I'm backing the wrong team.

Now with that rant over with, reasons for Ryan Miller to never play for Montreal.

1) He has gotten himself in more trouble shooting his mouth off in Buffalo, I can't begin to think what would happen to him in Montreal's media focus. He would probably melt even in winter.
2) Playing goal for Buffalo when Lindy Ruff was coach, made life sweet for the goalie, don't expect any comeback season of great proportions.
3) Nervous breakdowns would be everyday occurrences, dealing with the criticism of the Habs fans. Finding that getting three shutouts in a row and then losing two in a row, the fans are calling for a trade. Players need to have thick skin to play in Montreal, we're talking elephant hide thickness.

No I just don't see that happening and it won't happen so enjoy the laughs.:laugh:

Miller is much tougher mentally than Price, he is totally equipped to handle the city and media. Not that we'll ever see him here.

HABS win CUPS*

has the world gone topsy turvy? some people want to get rid of Markov too!1

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
miller is garbage. the end. and deos anybody really think he'd survive the environment here? guy's breaking down in Buffalo...

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
miller is garbage. the end. and deos anybody really think he'd survive the environment here? guy's breaking down in Buffalo...

Using your math... if Miller is garbage, what is Price? Considering their stats are almost identical, I'd love to hear how Price is a step above Miller.. so please...continue.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
The only argument about why Miller would not be garbage is probably the one about the Vezina Trophy. He won it in 2010.

But it was three years ago. He was a way better goalie. His 2006-2010 years are over.

HABS win CUPS*

who speaks better french i can't make a decision without knowing that

reponde! REPONDE!

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Using your math... if Miller is garbage, what is Price? Considering their stats are almost identical, I'd love to hear how Price is a step above Miller.. so please...continue.

what mover said.

bit of an hyperbole on my part but my point stands. miller's best days are behind him. he's a distraction and is such a headcase that the fans would drive him out of town within the first week.

not counting the fact that price's best days are ahead of him, miller had one good season. nothing else. his vezina clouds the fact that he's a very average goalie that is aging, with one good season.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Used to be a big Miller fan. Not anymore. Going and going and going towards the end of his career.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011

Miller is done!

This is a terrible idea.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
what mover said.

bit of an hyperbole on my part but my point stands. miller's best days are behind him. he's a distraction and is such a headcase that the fans would drive him out of town within the first week.

not counting the fact that price's best days are ahead of him, miller had one good season. nothing else. his vezina clouds the fact that he's a very average goalie that is aging, with one good season.

I'm not advocating bringing in Miller, but I feel Price has a lot to prove. So when I see people calling one goalie 'garbage' , I really like to hear what they think Price has done to deserve such great accolades in comparison.

BTW I personally think Miller has had many good seasons, his teams in Buffalo have always had glaring holes they never really fixed. Sort of like what Price is having to endure in Montreal. If they don't fix the blueline, he will have some very long nights in the pipes.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I'm not advocating bringing in Miller, but I feel Price has a lot to prove. So when I see people calling one goalie 'garbage' , I really like to hear what they think Price has done to deserve such great accolades in comparison.

BTW I personally think Miller has had many good seasons, his teams in Buffalo have always had glaring holes they never really fixed. Sort of like what Price is having to endure in Montreal. If they don't fix the blueline, he will have some very long nights in the pipes.

If this is the case then why trade for Miller? If both goalies don't do well behind poorly constructed teams and defense, why make the swap? We're still left with the same problem for both goalies. Instead, they should focus on fixing the D, not making what would at best be a lateral move between the pipes.

This trade makes no sense as do the justifications for it. For once in Montreal, stop focusing on the damn goalies as the cause of and solution to all problems. Hockey is much more than just a goalie. The team with the Vezina winner didn't even make the playoffs.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Price >> Miller
Vanek >>> Gionta

Goalie > Forward. So this is quite even: Price + Gionta vs Miller + Vanek.

marchabsfan

Apr 20, 2006
www.duproprio.com
I don't know what kind of world some people live in, but it's not reality. Why do people think Price is worth a ton on the trade market? The guy just signed a huge contract and is coming off his worst year. Very shaky, easily rattled, no stellar stats, nothing exciting about Price right now. He's not an appealing goaltender of the future until he proves something. And no, junior level doesn't count. Price for Miller straight up is all we'd get.

finally a fact based opinion on him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad