Speculation: Price/Miller swap?

Bilbo Caufield

Habs Hockey
Dec 9, 2008
Santa Flanella
Do you guys think it could be a good move to swap Price for Miller who is apparently on the block with maybe something else added?

like :

Price

vs

Miller, good pick or Vanek if we add a late pick

I'm still a Price believer and I think Waite's gonna turn him around but if Buffalo comes with an offer like this, what are you guys doing?

Just fun speculation in a boring day :naughty:

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Price + Gionta vs Miller + Vanek ? Add a pick or two to balance out.
I'd do it.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

:rant:

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
ok you're pissed off by the deal but you don't explain why :laugh:

I think it could be very good for us and nobody knows if Price will reach that vezina potential while Miller makes his team good alone. Add Vanek who's a perennial 30-30
The OP is vague about Vanek. Price for Miller straight up would be unacceptable.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Do you guys think it could be a good move to swap Price for Miller who is apparently on the block with maybe something else added?

like :

Price

vs

Miller, good pick or Vanek if we add a late pick

I'm still a Price believer and I think Waite's gonna turn him around but if Buffalo comes with an offer like this, what are you guys doing?

Just fun speculation in a boring day :naughty:

That would basically be a salary dump as Miller will be UFA next summer. NO

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
ok you're pissed off by the deal but you don't explain why :laugh:

I think it could be very good for us and nobody knows if Price will reach that vezina potential while Miller makes his team good alone. Add Vanek who's a perennial 30-30

I'm not "pissed off" by anything, amigo...just saying hell no to the proposal cuz Miller is a freakin' headcase arsehat...;)

Bilbo Caufield

Habs Hockey
Dec 9, 2008
Santa Flanella
The OP is vague about Vanek. Price for Miller straight up would be unacceptable.

It would not be a 1vs1....

Miller and Vanek for say Price and a 2nd or 3rd

Like this we have a good top 6 winger and a goalie who's ready to win a cup in the next 5 years. Also, Fucale would be ready just in time for Miller to decline.

I love Price too but i would think about it twice before saying to to a proposal like this IMHO

Anyway....it will not happen lol just speculation...

Carey Chant

Jul 13, 2007
Toronto
No, Price has more value. Also, if you are trading Price you want him as far away as possible so he doesn't come back here and shut us out every game which I would bet would happen often.

Price is staying. I think he will be a top 5 goalie during the regular season next year if he's healthy. He needs to step it up in the playoffs to get to the next level. Then these type of threads will change to:

Trade Price while value is high...etc:shakehead

JonathanToews19clutc*

If Montreal trade Price... maybe for Drouin, Hedman and Vasilevski or Yakupov/Hall/Eberle + Schultz + Dubnyk.

Sorry guys, but Price is my favorite goalie in the NHL. That it's.

The Price is right.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
For just Miller? Not a chance.

For Miller plus Vanek I would do it but there's no chance Buffalo would.

Jay Wolf

Jun 14, 2011
I don't think it smart to trade what might end up being an excellent, young goaltender to a division rival. Even if you think he should be traded (I don't), I'm sure you can think of somewhere further to send him.

At any rate, too much time and effort has been invested in Carey. I think we're all-in at this point. If he's traded, let it be in a few years when we know it won't come back to haunt us. Or we know Fucale is the heir apparent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad