News Article: Price Enters NHL/NHLPA Players Assistance Program (Mod warning in post #1)

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Me speculating but I wonder if as a result of the surgery he had to take painkillers and in the last few weeks his sickness is actually withdrawal symptoms, hope he's able to get the help he needs

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
How many players have actually used that program? Feels like it's the first time I ever hear about it
I think galchenyuk followed the same program a few years ago. Not sure.
Best of luck to carey. Hope he receives the help and support he needs.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Mikah

Feb 19, 2018
Is this program also for mental health or only substance abuse?

It covers both. Essentially it is a program where a player who has issues, whatever it is (depression, addiction, conflicts) can get into and be sheltered from the organization.

Mark9988

Aug 29, 2021
Well that settles the debate, if we make the playoffs or not, lottery pick, here we come, this time make it a good one!!

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I like Price, but all the bleeding heart aside, I wish he'd gone to Seattle. The past few seasons, there's been something either physically or mentally wrong, causing him to miss time. Yes, he was stellar in the playoffs, but you have to get there first.
This guys contract is just going to hinder this team for the rest of its life.
I hope he's OK. But come on man. Enough.
I'm almost ashamed to type that, but I'm already fed up with the injuries and the season hasn't even started.
At what point can we start the "Wright" chant?

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
How many players have actually used that program? Feels like it's the first time I ever hear about it

Idk but usually you hear about it because they're forced to. Aka their issues are already way out of control. Seems like a good thing that Price is using it voluntarily, hoping this decision helps him overcome whatever he's battling.

The pressures he has endured for over a decade in Montreal has to be weighing him down.

Is he the longest tenured starting goalie in Montreal's history?

Pretty sure he holds the record for most games played by a goalie in Montreal's history. Potentially wins as well or very close to. For such a storied organization, it's truly an achievement. I feel like people really understate how big Price is for the Montreal Canadiens.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I’ve already said in other posts that every year the org covers up about other things like injury severity but in this case of course he deserves privacy

Then why did you just complain that the head coach didn't reveal Price's current issues and then rant about lies and secrecy?

Reactions: viceroy

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I seriously wonder, given how the pandemic has affected everyone, hell I can speak on that personally...but how crazy it must have been for players last year to play, be away from families, nothing but hotel rooms, etc.

That must have taken a toll.

Reactions: abo9 and Tyson

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The Flu right Dom? Or was it the knee? Exactly what I was saying the other day with Habs org, Price , lies and secrecy.
Anyways, hope he’s ok and seeking help for whatever it is, is the first step to recovery.

Where are the lies? Technically this is something that can be considered an illness.

Reactions: viceroy

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
If it’s announced, it’s because it’s not his first kick at the can. Not good. Hope he’ll be fine.

Reactions: MasterD

davey999

Mar 9, 2004
Firstly, I hope he is going to be fine and gets the help he needs.
Second, this is looking more and more like a lost year.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Where are the lies? Technically this is something that can be considered an illness.
Once again, I was talking about previous years in terms of injuries - this is a case that deserves privacy of course

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad