Injury Report: Price: Day to Day Upper Body

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Good teams rally together when injuries happen. Therrien knows this and knows how to deal with this (Koivu cancer season). The players have a lot of heart and character. Tokarski is not a bad goalie and can handle the workload.

Even if Price was injured for a while I'd not be worried at all. But he's probably not.

Hell, even in this mini slump of ours.. I'd almost be happy if Price missed 9-10 games. At least it would provide some ammunition toward settling the debate that Price is the sole reason for our success.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I know. We are a good team with or without Price.

...we are a good team, but with our team's present "strategy", we're a bubble team at best if Price is out any real length of time (15+ games)...don't fool yourself...

Good teams rally together when injuries happen. Therrien knows this and knows how to deal with this (Koivu cancer season). The players have a lot of heart and character. Tokarski is not a bad goalie and can handle the workload.

Even if Price was injured for a while I'd not be worried at all. But he's probably not.

Hell, even in this mini slump of ours.. I'd almost be happy if Price missed 9-10 games. At least it would provide some ammunition toward settling the debate that Price is the sole reason for our success.

...like I said, if Price is out that long, you're in for a rude awakening...

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It's gotta be the back from the Columbus game.

Thankfully, it's day-to-day, but hopefully it keeps him out of the All-Star game to get some more rest with the rest of the team.

CanadiensforLife

Sep 11, 2010
Montreal
Depending how long he's out for, we may be blessed enough that MB will do this to Therrien:

You're dreaming in colors if you think MT could get fired. The team is 14 games above .500, in a playoff spot, having a good season. It would have to take a lot for MT to get canned(not trying to jinx the team or anything :sarcasm: ).

Nynja*

You're dreaming in colors if you think MT could get fired. The team is 14 games above .500, in a playoff spot, having a good season. It would have to take a lot for MT to get canned(not trying to jinx the team or anything :sarcasm: ).

And if Price is out for 6-7 games, and in those 6-7 games the Habs walk off with 0-5 points, getting out scored by 10-15 goals in that span...you dont think MB will make a move?

Daniels45

May 8, 2013
Whens the last time a coach from any team in the NHL got fired with a winning record ? Was it Claude Julien with the Devils ? Anyways I think if it did happen its so rare that the chances of it happening to MT are close to nil this season. Every sports team I can think of go through ups and downs in a season. When we were winning all those games on the road I knew that eventually **** would start hitting the fan and low and behold there's the **** LOL.
Am I disappointed we cant win them all and sometimes we play bad hockey? You bet I am but that's sports. I have to live with it. Nothing is ever perfect and this team isn't either. Team still needs to get bigger. Defence needs to be tighter. I would like to see more offence as well from the likes of Galchenyuk, Galagher, Eller, PLeks, Parenteau, Sekak and Desharnais. They seem to be slumping. Lets hope this is only a small down and the up part will swing over soon.

Last edited:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
^^^ Randy Carlyle, Trotz, Torterella, Bylsma, Vigneault etc......

Happens all the time actually.

Last edited:

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
Whens the last time a coach from any team in the NHL got fired with a winning record ? Was it Claude Julien with the Devils ?
Michel Bergeron in 89 was fired with two games left before the playoff... With the Rangers making it! Rumours has it Phil Esposito wanted to coach the team in the playoff. That did not end well for the Rangers.

Daniels45

May 8, 2013
Michel Bergeron in 89 was fired with two games left before the playoff... With the Rangers making it! Rumours has it Phil Esposito wanted to coach the team in the playoff. That did not end well for the Rangers.

Ahh yes...I had forgotten about that one. :handclap:

mus1cx

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
Interesting fact: Price has finished the season with a injury for the past 3 seasons.

2011-12- He had a concussion and missed the final few games.
2012-13- He was injured in the playoffs.
2013-14- Injured in the playoffs.

2011-12 - wasn't that because Desharnais fell on his head?
2012-13 - ok yea injury
2013-14 - got run over

void

Jan 5, 2006
Who will be the Habs representative if Price can't go to the ASG? Pacioretty or Subban?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Who will be the Habs representative if Price can't go to the ASG? Pacioretty or Subban?

Or Tokarski.
I mean, there needs to be 6 goalies.
If Price is out, he pretty much has to be replaced a goalie, and I don't think they'll kick a player out to make room for Pacioretty or Subban in order to pick a deserving and otherwise healthy goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad