Injury Report: Price/Carr/Flynn/Petry/DD/ Gilbert done for season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
We should've kept Halak in hindsight because he's never injured.

Neither are Plecky and DD albeit for different reasons? :sarcasm:
As our good friend Elton John aptly put it.
"turtlenecks are free to shy
Shy away far away"

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
My biggest fear right now is that we fall out of a playoff spot by some point in January and we rush Carey back when he's not completely ready again only to aggravate the injury once again.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
My biggest fear right now is that we fall out of a playoff spot by some point in January and we rush Carey back when he's not completely ready again only to aggravate the injury once again.
I don't see that happening. They're not going to mess with that injury. I could see the coach getting fired or us making a trade, but rushing Price back is not an option.

Kingbobert

Jul 15, 2005
Montreal
We should've kept Halak in hindsight because he's never injured.

What are you talking about?
Just this season Halak missed a bunch of games.
Halak hasn't played more than 59 games since leaving montreal.
Every year he goes down.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005

My, you're full of Christmas cheer, aren't you?

Habs4ev*

Dec 18, 2015
if gallagher being out of the lineup affects the team this much, then we have way bigger problems then we currently realize

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
if gallagher being out of the lineup affects the team this much, then we have way bigger problems then we currently realize

It's impossible to see the impact of Gallagher's loss on the team because he went down while Price was hurt, it's reasonable to assess the poor play of the team as a result of the culmination of multiple injuries. We were going to regress regardless, it didn't help that Price got hurt, then Gallagher, now Petry, now who even ****ing knows

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay

Not really. Gallagher is one of the best players on this team who was experiencing a career year. He brings something to the team that few players do.

Not to mention, he went down around the same time Price did. There's a lot of discussion about who the Canadiens truly miss more, but really, when any team loses two of their top 4 players, they will go down in the standings.

Habs4ev*

Dec 18, 2015
Gallagher is one of the best players on this team

that is a big red flag there

when any team loses two of their top 4 players, they will go down in the standings.

i don't agree with that at all, teams with good depth and good coaching could still at least maintain their position with a .500 record......you can't tell me its normal for a team to go 1-9 after losing 2 "so called" top 4 players.....no way, no how

Last edited:

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
all I want for Christmas is...
460390782.jpg

MJN79

Nov 21, 2008
Not really. Gallagher is one of the best players on this team who was experiencing a career year. He brings something to the team that few players do.

Not to mention, he went down around the same time Price did. There's a lot of discussion about who the Canadiens truly miss more, but really, when any team loses two of their top 4 players, they will go down in the standings.

I will just say this, I have underestimated Gallagher, I never thought in a million years he was that valuable to our team. He is a driving force for the offense, his intensity is contagious.

Carr is no where near Gallagher but he is always around the blue paint. Kind of explains why he is our leading goal scorer in December. Reading over that last sentence scares me.

habalifeok

Oct 28, 2013
Canadiens miss Gallagher far more than anyone realizes,their depth is not as great as everyone would like to think. Also having bottom six performing at an unsustainable rate early really skewed peoples views, although some realized it wouldnt last. They do not have replacements for Gallagher or Price. Top this all off with with the horrendus slump in goal scoring by the trio of forwards Pacioretty, Plekanec,Galchenyuk and the lack of goals from Subban and Markov just wth is everyone expecting??? Get those scoring and we might just win a few games and hang on till Gallagher and Price return.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
Canadiens miss Gallagher far more than anyone realizes,their depth is not as great as everyone would like to think. Also having bottom six performing at an unsustainable rate early really skewed peoples views, although some realized it wouldnt last. They do not have replacements for Gallagher or Price. Top this all off with with the horrendus slump in goal scoring by the trio of forwards Pacioretty, Plekanec,Galchenyuk and the lack of goals from Subban and Markov just wth is everyone expecting??? Get those scoring and we might just win a few games and hang on till Gallagher and Price return.

Galchenyuk has not been slumping.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Since Gilbert was taken out last game and did not return, one can only assume that he is still injured as the Habs have added an IR notice next to his name on their site. Doesn't IR mean a player is out for a minimum of 7 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad