Injury Report: Price Back on the Ice, Gorges with minor fracture to a hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
You can buy out anyone you want at any age. In normal circumstance, you don't get the benefit of the buy out exemptions. But in Briere's case, because he was already bought out by Philly and is still getting payments, his buyout is more complicated. He can be bought out and the buyout is substantially less than in a normal circumstance.

http://capgeek.com/buyout-calculator/?player_id=749

Nice!!!! Please Bergy buy Briere next summer!!!!

Mynameismark*

What's so unbelievable about him? He manages to come back quickly only to get injured all over again in some other manner.

Maybe Parros will be back. Bordeleau would be waiting.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
What's so unbelievable about him? He manages to come back quickly only to get injured all over again in some other manner.

Maybe Parros will be back. Bordeleau would be waiting.
Love Patches but I agree. At this point I have lowered expectations for him. Hes not the same player he was pre Chara. His durability issues aside, i think hell never be the power forward he was supposed to be. Hes a top6 goalscorer, just not a unique player.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
He improved, post-Chara. Have you forgotten the year with Cole and Desharnais?

I meant as a power forward. Hes a good scorer, like I said, but imo hes lost some valuable dimensions to his game. Hell be an important player for us of course but lately ive had my doubts, especially wgen you factor in injuries and his tendancy to have cold streaks.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I meant as a power forward. Hes a good scorer, like I said, but imo hes lost some valuable dimensions to his game. Hell be an important player for us of course but lately ive had my doubts, especially wgen you factor in injuries and his tendancy to have cold streaks.

every goal scorers in the league minus crosby and maybe stamkos has goal-scoring streaks. hell, kessel goes on 20 game streaks and so does ovi. it is what it is. goal scorers are streaky

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
every goal scorers in the league minus crosby and maybe stamkos has goal-scoring streaks. hell, kessel goes on 20 game streaks and so does ovi. it is what it is. goal scorers are streaky

Exactly my point. He is a good top6 goal scorer. My issue is his lack of other dimensions over the last little bit. He has the size, hands, and speed to be a much more dynamic player, but laletly ive had my doubts he will expand his game. It looked as though he was going to be a legit power forward pre-chara. His game has changed; but obviously hes still one of our best players.

Im not trying to be a hater, its just a conclusion ive come to.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Exactly my point. He is a good top6 goal scorer. My issue is his lack of other dimensions over the last little bit. He has the size, hands, and speed to be a much more dynamic player, but laletly ive had my doubts he will expand his game. It looked as though he was going to be a legit power forward pre-chara. His game has changed; but obviously hes still one of our best players.

Im not trying to be a hater, its just a conclusion ive come to.

true.

other than the amazing year with dd and cole, i think he might have been nursing an injury, or a discomfort of sort. he came back like a monster after the chara hit, why slow down and be less physical a whole year after?

actually, i think the guy is always nursing an injury :laugh:

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
true.

other than the amazing year with dd and cole, i think he might have been nursing an injury, or a discomfort of sort. he came back like a monster after the chara hit, why slow down and be less physical a whole year after?

actually, i think the guy is always nursing an injury :laugh:

I do respect his willingness to play through the pain (though sometimes its pointless since he cant help much).

My hopes for him are for him to continue being a crafty goal scorer and hopefully if/when Galch blossoms, for Pac to be his LW (which could lead him to more 35+ goal seasons)

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I don't like the COULD be back by this weekend. If he's not 110%, don't play him, period. Our top 9 is doingore than fine with Bournival and Leblanc stepping up and helping.

Same thing with Parros, as badly as i want him in the line-up, there's no reason to play him if he can't take a punch or 2.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 9m
Pacioretty, Emelin et Parros s'entraînent tous avec leurs coéquipiers ce matin. / Pacioretty, Emelin and Parros are all skating this morning

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Classic Pacioretty. Rush back from injury only to be ineffective for a few games or to suffer another minor injury.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 9m
Pacioretty, Emelin et Parros s'entraînent tous avec leurs coéquipiers ce matin. / Pacioretty, Emelin and Parros are all skating this morning

Woop, Woop!!

Can't wait to see a full, healthy roster play.

If anything, these injuries have shown that we might need some more depth for a long playoff run. Don't want a repeat of last year.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Woop, Woop!!

Can't wait to see a full, healthy roster play.

If anything, these injuries have shown that we might need some more depth for a long playoff run. Don't want a repeat of last year.

good point

I was surprised that therrien went all Jacques Martin (well, not completely Jacques) after all the injuries hit. Even better when everybody bought into it. Sign the team is 100% together

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
You can buy out anyone you want at any age. In normal circumstance, you don't get the benefit of the buy out exemptions. But in Briere's case, because he was already bought out by Philly and is still getting payments, his buyout is more complicated. He can be bought out and the buyout is substantially less than in a normal circumstance.

http://capgeek.com/buyout-calculator/?player_id=749

Calculate Buyout: Daniel Briere is 36 years old on the buyout date of June 15, 2014, setting the buyout ratio at 2/3 and the total buyout cost at $666,667 spread over 2 years. His contract was originally valued at $52,000,000 beginning in 2007 and ending in 2015, with $1,000,000 remaining from the buyout year forward. The following is a season-by-season breakdown of the buyout. A negative buyout cap hit indicates a credit.

Uh, I thought you cannot buy out an injured player. If Briere is still out next June, what happens?

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I hope Briere recovers, bad to wish ill on someone, but at this point, I hope he stays out of the lineup as a 13 forward. The Canadiens don't need him in the lineup so long as DD is here.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Sorry about the mix-up with pacioretty. That's what I get for listening to Eric ****ing Engels.

Eric Engels ‏@EricEngels 2m
my bad before, thought I saw tweets from practice that had Pacioretty in a regular jersey. He was "no contact" as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad