Post-Game Talk: Prey

3 stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
That was the game we were absolutely dominated on the back to back and Georgiev of all people bailed us out 2-0. I was taking that into account when I said they owned us lol
Canes hit the post/bar like 4 times too iirc. We really pulled that one out by the skin of our teeth.

Reactions: McRanger92

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Huh? Yeah it would have been 7-1. Bail them out... lol. I'm convinced that many of you are waiting for the Rangers team that will never exist in reality.
lol exactly, where the Rangers get 20 HDSC and 40+ shots and the opposition is allowed 15 shots all from the outside.

Reactions: NikC

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
giphy-downsized-large.gif

What? I slept in.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
The next 2 games are a measuring stick for Carolina, not us. We've already handily beaten them twice pre-deadline and just did a Harlem Globetrotters impression on 2 teams "allegedly" in the playoff race, over the weekend. Show us what you got Candy Canes because right now they are looking like lunch.
Ok, I commend you for the confidence, but I’m not making that takeaway after destroying two injury-riddled teams. Carolina’s structure and system can exploit our weaknesses, and showing that this group is better prepared for that would be an important step. That’s all I’m saying

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Ok, I commend you for the confidence, but I’m not making that takeaway after destroying two injury-riddled teams. Carolina’s structure and system can exploit our weaknesses, and showing that this group is better prepared for that would be an important step. That’s all I’m saying

If we can't be confident now, when can we? And I'm just trying to get out in front of the doomers who will fill 15 pages of complaining in the PGT if we lose 4-2 tomorrow. Also, Pittsburgh isnt anymore injured than us, we are just way better than them

Reactions: Leonardo87

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
If we can't be confident now, when can we? And I'm just trying to get out in front of the doomers who will fill 15 pages of complaining in the PGT if we lose 4-2 tomorrow. Also, Pittsburgh isnt anymore injured than us, we are just way better than them
I’m confident too, and this team has been great with this current setup. They’re going to be the most talented team I’ll probably ever see in my lifetime, and I’m going to enjoy the ride

All of those absurdly negative comments have always been insanely stupid, and I’ve just ignored them all year like most people should

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Yes. I was worried about a letdown after playing the hated Pens twice in a row. This was a nice surprise. I seriously think they used Brooksie's "Rangers are the third-best team in the metro" nonsense as bulletin board material.

Bulletin board material? It's more likely that the whole team would be out with an "upper body injury" from rolling their collective eyes so hard at that ancient hack and his missives.

Take nothing from today other than nyr crushed a team that they should have crushed. Preds are on life support with the injuries and the goaltending sure helped today, BUT nyr did not play at their opponents level and instead crushed them. These quality starts are GREAT to see lately.

giphy.gif
:p:

But more importantly, I'm wondering how that family of four is feeling?!?!?

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
If we can't be confident now, when can we?
we could be up 3-0 in a SC final series with 5 minutes left to go and up by 3 goals and I’d still be paranoid we’re going to mess it up lol.

I’m a Rangers fan.

Take nothing from today other than nyr crushed a team that they should have crushed. Preds are on life support with the injuries and the goaltending sure helped today, BUT nyr did not play at their opponents level and instead crushed them. These quality starts are GREAT to see lately.
True. We don’t usually crush teams we should crush. So it’s a step forward in my book.

Kaapo Hollweg

Jun 21, 2019
2-0
2 shutouts
13-0 goal differential

Since I got a new phone with new phone battery
To be fair, it would be dumb to get a new phone with an old battery

They try to be the nicest guys around. It's annoying. Joe is always an apologist for the other team when they play poorly.
I don't find it annoying, I find it endearing. Why shit on other teams?

Reactions: FUZfan and will1066

Kaapo Hollweg

Jun 21, 2019
Deservedly so. Despite the influx of Panarin, Kane, Tank, growth of the kids, Shesterkin, Fox, etc, he’s still the best player on the team.

I don’t care what the rest of the forum says, I’d take Zib over most other players in general. He does things right even when he doesn’t score.
Imagine trading a fortune for Eichel and getting rid of Mika for peanuts with 1 year remaining on his contract like some have suggested. I was firmly against it from the start and I would like to believe I was proven right.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Imagine trading a fortune for Eichel and getting rid of Mika for peanuts with 1 year remaining on his contract like some have suggested. I was firmly against it from the start and I would like to believe I was proven right.
I forgot we were even in the eichel discussion. Yeah, no thanks. Mika for me.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
Pens look like they’ve fallen apart, just 1 goal against sens
Preds iced an AHL lineup against us.

Fully expect complete meltdowns during the game tomorrow if we trail at any point

LGR

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I'd love to get home ice against NJ. I think we win the series regardless, but what an advantage it would be for us to have them walk into the Jungle for their first ever playoff game. That's how you demoralize an inexperienced team and finish them off quickly
No matter where the Rangers play New Jersey, it’s home ice.

Reactions: blue425

blue425

Apr 14, 2007
NYC
www.streetwars.net
First round opponent will likely be the Devils. Don't count on them being an easy out. Or any other team for that matter - the East is an abbatoir this season.

They'll probably go seven not cause Rangers, but cause like 8 of the 9 best teams are in the East.
I know you are both probably right, nice to dream though.

Maybe they'll get a favorable match up down the line they can dispatch quickly.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Not the Bruins. That team has toyed with us this season.
Not like they've toyed with other teams. This team now as constructed is quite a bit different than prior. They have much MORE to think about. Player for player, I take us now. And hopefully a better Shesty.

A
No matter where the Rangers play New Jersey, it’s home ice.
And that should become a factor, right? I mean it's demoralizing for the Devils to be out shouted in their own building.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad