Post-Game Talk: Prey

3 stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Take nothing from today other than nyr crushed a team that they should have crushed. Preds are on life support with the injuries and the goaltending sure helped today, BUT nyr did not play at their opponents level and instead crushed them. These quality starts are GREAT to see lately.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
What a blast of a time. I went to the game with a client and a coworker and we were all just having a blast. My coworker's first game, too! She's not a big sports person but had an absolute BLAST. May have found a new Rangers fan!

So much fun. Have never been to a game that has ended up like this.

The last insane game I went to was the game that Orr put Fedoruk on a stretcher. And that wasn't a crazy score, but just a wild game for that event and all.

13 goals in the last 2 games. Let's hope they can keep this up! Or at least some semblance of it, LOL!

Oh, yeah. Now I am going to smoke a ton of weed and relax. Wish it was Saturday and not Sunday!

Oh. And I should say, We were decked out in Rangers gear. Not suits. Most of the 100s were full of jerseys. How refreshing to see. Love weekend games for that.

Met some really nice Preds fans pre-game in line. They seem to travel well for a niche fanbase. Cool to see.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Take nothing from today other than nyr crushed a team that they should have crushed. Preds are on life support with the injuries and the goaltending sure helped today, BUT nyr did not play at their opponents level and instead crushed them. These quality starts are GREAT to see lately.
Can I take something from them beating Pitt 6-0 the night before?

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
They try to be the nicest guys around. It's annoying. Joe is always an apologist for the other team when they play poorly.

To be fair, this was half of a half of Nashville. They just traded Granlund, Nino, Ekholm, and Jeannot. Forsberg, Johansen, Josi, McD, and Carrier are all hurt. That's 5 of the 8 best forwards Nashville rostered in the NHL this season, and 4 of the top 6D, including one of the best in the game. On a back-to-back. With arguably the worst coach in the league. No reason to beat the horse of "it's 7-0, they don't even belong in the AHL!"

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
To be fair, this was half of a half of Nashville. They just traded Granlund, Nino, Ekholm, and Jeannot. Forsberg, Johansen, Josi, McD, and Carrier are all hurt. That's 5 of the 8 best forwards Nashville rostered in the NHL this season, and 4 of the top 6D, including one of the best in the game. On a back-to-back. With arguably the worst coach in the league. No reason to beat the horse of "it's 7-0, they don't even belong in the AHL!"
Agreed. That's a lot to overcome.

Reactions: egelband

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
The most encouraging thing to me about this recent stretch is the ability to play well without Lindgren in the lineup. Usually it seems like the team struggles without him. The fact that Mikkola is getting reps and not looking bad out there is great. If Lindgren can come back for the playoffs and play up to his standard, this team just becomes even deeper on D.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
IMG_20191127_225602.jpg

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Did what they should have done to what amounted to an AHL squad.

They still did go through the best goalie tandem like a hot knife through butter, so there is that.

Hope to see this team continue to create these chances against a better Carolina team. With out Svechnikov, they will be looking to avoid a run and gun affair, playing a more defensive minded team will be a big test for this Rangers squad.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
The most encouraging thing to me about this recent stretch is the ability to play well without Lindgren in the lineup. Usually it seems like the team struggles without him. The fact that Mikkola is getting reps and not looking bad out there is great. If Lindgren can come back for the playoffs and play up to his standard, this team just becomes even deeper on D.
Mikkola is the Kevin Klein of this generation. A defenseman who’s waaaayyyy better than advertised. Nice find. Hope he’s back next year. I’m afraid he’ll get an offer for a top four role elsewhere. But that’s what happens when you’re nice cog on a Cup winner.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
They weren't the best even strength line . They had some good games and GG used them strategically and they didn't get matched up against Sidney f***ING Crosby line and Kutcherov or Stamkos etc. Face up to that...... Crosby or Kucherov would make mincemeat of the kids at this point.

BUT MOST OF ALL ...........

Please CC me the memo when they give out the Stanley Cup on even strength points only.
keep moving the goal posts.

they were the best line at even strength. The entire board was clamoring for them to get more ice time because they are the only ones played with any energy and possession.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
keep moving the goal posts.

they were the best line at even strength. The entire board was clamoring for them to get more ice time because they are the only ones played with any energy and possession.

There's also the fact that Gallant doesn't line match at all, he just rolls 4 lines. It's one of his biggest weaknesses

Reactions: TheDirtyH

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Was coming in here to post the same thing.

They should have killed this team. The impressive thing is they did, and showed the killer instinct.

So many times we have seen let down games or have the lesser teams stay in it.

They did not take the foot off the pedal. That to me is the takeaway

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't think the kids were bad in the playoffs. I think they were a solid forechecking line that didn't score enough. That's what they always are as players and as a line. I reject the notion that it was some kind of huge elevation over their typical play.

With the other good lines we have this year, it shouldn't be a problem. We have 12 games left. We'll certainly lose and probably not look good a couple of times. When that happens, Gallant has to put his big boy pants on and not go back to the bullshit lines he feels safe with because he came up with them. You're a professional coach. Stop overreacting to losses. We've scored like 300 goals and given up four since he flipped Panarin and Kreider. These are the lines we should be playing.

Another problem last year (and another bit of good news) was Kevin Rooney. Right as we were losing momentum against Tampa and couldn't make a mistake, that's when Sniffus Erectus decided to put in a guy that makes a mistake every time he touches the puck. The good news is, I don't think the temptation is there this year of a "reliable vet" that he's going to feel an itch to put in. Lewhatshisface is not that.

If he sticks with these lines, we'll be a lot better in the playoffs than we were last year.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I am not worried about the kids line because I honestly don’t care. We now have 3 lines that can get the job done, and if the kids contribute when one of those lines is off, just extra gravy. They will probably be the 4th line based on ice time, once the playoffs roll around. It’s all about depth.

Reactions: Machinehead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad