Series Talk: PREVIEW - First Round matchup vs T.O. - "Centre of the Universe"

What will be the outcome of the Boston/Toronto series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PatsBruins17

Mar 21, 2019
Let’s gooooo bruins!!! This is gunna be another right nerve wracking, blood pumping series! Cheer the boys on, I’m from Ontario and I’m leaving for Maui tonight for 10 days, I’ll be missing the first round :( I’ll keep up date on the phone if I can! But let’s go bruins, don’t take the leafs lightly there’s skill on that team! Whose ever goalie plays better I think will win!

Reactions: BMC

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge
sorry Toronto fans... its getting sickening listening to the same message again and again on your talking head sports shows... how Toronto has more depth and better scoring.

sure, when you play a crappy 1-way loser style of run-and-gun your numbers are slightly higher

but now you pretend that you can tighten up defensively and STILL SCORE!?! is this a delusion or just a lie that you want to tell yourself?

playing solid defense DOES EFFECT SCORING... the reason boston didnt score as much is our guys are told to play a solid defense everygame

Bergeron/marchand will eat you alive because they are ELITE SCORERS who do it WHILE PLAYING DEFENSE. krejci will eat you alive because he is a very superior scorer who does it WHILE PLAYING DEFENSE

our defense plays defense

I heard a guy yesterday on Toronto radio say Toronto has more depth scoring in their bottom 6... within 2 mins he says Toronto will play only 3 lines. ?????WTF?????

boston is happy to play 4 lines because we do have depth

im not saying Toronto doesnt have some dangerous offense up front. everyone will respect Matthews/marner/Tavares and their ability... but the rest of your team isnt special at all

hey Toronto did you forget Bergeron/marchand/pastrnak? was it some sort of post stress trauma that has caused a blackout of your memory?

we have depth... and we have elite scorers who play defense... you were right to complain the past 2-3 months that the playoffs are unfair to you. sorry but it looks bad to be a Toronto fan if the wish was to win a playoff round

try again next year but in the meantime improve your defense

You should realize that 90% of the sports media in Toronto is picking the Bruins in this series, even our biggest homer Jeff O'Neil. The Bruins should win this series pretty easily. There's no reason to be scared.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
You should realize that 90% of the sports media in Toronto is picking the Bruins in this series, even our biggest homer Jeff O'Neil. The Bruins should win this series pretty easily. There's no reason to be scared.
Easily ? Like last year or 2013 was easy ? The Bruins might win but it sure as hell isnt going to be easy .

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
not close to being the "best playoff suited team", and 2008 was a team still learning. I like the makeup of this team but the B`s, like the Leafs, still have to have some concerns with a few things, for the B`s, will that 3rd line contribute? For the Leafs, can they play any D?

I said I used 2008 as a starting point time wise I obviously know 2008 team wasn't ready at all. This is easily the smartest Bruin team stick wise I have seen and very well balanced . Of course every one will say the cup team was the best but it was basically super lucky to get out the first rd . Once they got past them they looked awesome . I really love this team but Toronto is a super tough opponent .

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
The reason 90 percent of the Torinto media is picking the Bruins is because of the regular season . If you asked them before the season it would totally be reversed . As well the whole Toronto media is taking the bolts to have an easy time in the east.

It is amazing what a few wins in an 82 game schedule will do to warp a person's mind . I can tell you that you have to be crazy to look at this line up and say this should be quick and easy . .

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
So I have a history question for the longer tenured posters.

Back when the Bruins (thankfully) beat the Canucks and won the Cup in 2011, I seem to vaguely remember threads on this board that were calling for Julien to be fired during that season, and that a lot of Bruin posters did not like him.

can you guys confirm if this is correct?

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
The same people that think this will be easy are the same ones who thought the series was over last yr after rask totally stole game 4 to give us a 3 /1 lead . We dominated game 1 last yr than it was one hell of a series after that . Game 2 the score wasn't close but they took it to us a large part of the game. Both teams should be and in my eyes are better this yr . Dont be fooled by a little lapse in the regular season . I think we will score on this team but I dont really believe we are going to lock them down . I hope no matter what the team stays focused and doesn't read the press clippings because they can't afford to ever relax in this series no matter what .

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad

Back when the Bruins (thankfully) beat the Canucks and won the Cup in 2011, I seem to vaguely remember threads on this board that were calling for Julien to be fired during that season, and that a lot of Bruin posters did not like him.

It is totally correct and he probably would've been fired for sure if habs wouldve beat us rd 1 . They won the first 2 in Boston . We were lucky enough to score in overtime in I believe three games .

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

Hell, there where people complaining about winning the Cup because it means Julien keeps his job. No lie.

Reactions: caz16 and BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Let’s gooooo bruins!!! This is gunna be another right nerve wracking, blood pumping series! Cheer the boys on, I’m from Ontario and I’m leaving for Maui tonight for 10 days, I’ll be missing the first round :( I’ll keep up date on the phone if I can! But let’s go bruins, don’t take the leafs lightly there’s skill on that team! Whose ever goalie plays better I think will win!

Welcome to the board....we have cookies in the GDTs!! :)

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

in the official list of selections... they dont want to look stupid since they have jobs to protect so yes they pick the smart choice and pick boston

my complaint was that theres 25 times more talking heads in Toronto then the rest of Canada put together... they are the best produced sports shows... the ones I listen... the most insiders... etc etc

normally I quite enjoy it... normally its quite good

but the Toronto bias is always obvious... normally I just accept it because im a closet maple leaf fan... but its a bit annoying at times

I listen to andi on leafs lunch because shes cute in a ditzy girl type of way... her left field takes amuse me... normally it doesnt offend me... I like when her girl way of thinking shows through usually

her cohosts are handicapped because they cant tell her shes stupid... and they get drawn into her ideas for the format for the show... its a cute weird show I enjoy

but it can be annoying when they start talking about how great the leafs are and running boston down at the same breath. andi is one of the few people that doesnt rely on being smart to hold her job. she can be cute and ditzy and thats her identity and trademark.

but I wonder how many of her cohosts belied the crap they are saying with her? most maintain their integrity and tell her its very unlikely Toronto will have a good showing but then they start telling her what could happen... what might give Toronto a chance

the next thing you know they are saying Toronto has a huge edge in net... way better scoring depth... a defense that isnt old and slow like chara... and on and on it goes

I can point this out without being afraid lol
fear is the least of my problems
call me an arrogant ahole… I will own up to that
call me obnoxious
tell me I think im the smartest kid in the classroom
tell me I ramble on too long

everyone here has said that about me... I dont deny it
but being afraid? thats a new one to me... I hope I cleared it up for you

Reactions: Neely2005

Neely2005

Nov 3, 2006
Toronto, Ontario
sorry Toronto fans... its getting sickening listening to the same message again and again on your talking head sports shows... how Toronto has more depth and better scoring.

sure, when you play a crappy 1-way loser style of run-and-gun your numbers are slightly higher

but now you pretend that you can tighten up defensively and STILL SCORE!?! is this a delusion or just a lie that you want to tell yourself?

playing solid defense DOES EFFECT SCORING... the reason boston didnt score as much is our guys are told to play a solid defense everygame

Bergeron/marchand will eat you alive because they are ELITE SCORERS who do it WHILE PLAYING DEFENSE. krejci will eat you alive because he is a very superior scorer who does it WHILE PLAYING DEFENSE

our defense plays defense

I heard a guy yesterday on Toronto radio say Toronto has more depth scoring in their bottom 6... within 2 mins he says Toronto will play only 3 lines. ?????WTF?????

boston is happy to play 4 lines because we do have depth

im not saying Toronto doesnt have some dangerous offense up front. everyone will respect Matthews/marner/Tavares and their ability... but the rest of your team isnt special at all

hey Toronto did you forget Bergeron/marchand/pastrnak? was it some sort of post stress trauma that has caused a blackout of your memory?

we have depth... and we have elite scorers who play defense... you were right to complain the past 2-3 months that the playoffs are unfair to you. sorry but it looks bad to be a Toronto fan if the wish was to win a playoff round

try again next year but in the meantime improve your defense

Try living here and dealing with leaf fans.

Reactions: Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad