Post-Game Talk: Pretty, pretty, preeeeeety good

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 16m16 minutes ago
Quincey likely to be cleared on weekend. Before that happens, Wings need to clear some cap space, Holland said. Wouldn't reveal how much.

Waive Andy and Kindl...

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Quincey likely to be cleared on weekend. Before that happens, Wings need to clear some cap space, Holland said. Wouldn't reveal how much.

Waive Andy and Kindl...

Our maybe a trade of a roster player ? :sarcasm:

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Even if Holland was willing (lol) there just isn't much of a market out there right now.

I'd love to see E traded though.

Only if an equal or better defenseman is coming back. Our defense is bad enough and sadly we don't have 6 better defensemen in our system than Ericsson.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Only if an equal or better defenseman is coming back. Our defense is bad enough and sadly we don't have 6 better defensemen in our system than Ericsson.

Well, thing with E is his contract makes his trade value pretty low.

I'm trying to think of a team that would be willing to part with someone who'd be an upgrade for us (ideally a top 3 d-man, preferably 2). At that point I'd be willing to go all in and package up Nyquist+ (depending who we're getting) with Ericsson.

tbh though, at this point in time I'm not sure I agree with you completely. If we say our 7 best D are: Kronner, DD, Green, Ericsson, Quincey, Smith, AM, then I'm not sure which one Ericsson is better than today. Granted, Smith was much worse than him until very recently, but still.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Ericsson provides no offense. The only thing he brings to the table is his defense. If he can't play defense, he is useless.

Just like Brendan Smith is useless if he can't generate offense.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

Waive Andy and Kindl...

it can't be much,

waiving kindl actually clears most cap space. sending marchenko down would clear 666K. kindl 950 K.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Trading E would be sweet, If we could move E I would even be for resigning Q but with Es contract and hip issues he's pretty much unmovable I would think.

Yeah, I think E would only be movable as part of a package (with someone like Nyquist), where we'd be getting a D upgrade and the other team just needed someone to plug that hole for the time being.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
it can't be much,

waiving kindl actually clears most cap space. sending marchenko down would clear 666K. kindl 950 K.

Holland is religious right? Hopefully the 666 prevents him from considering AM an option.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Waive Andy and Kindl...

Most likely Andy wouldn't need to be put on waivers, Though it wouldn't break my heart if he were. Most likely just put Kindl on waivers and we should be fine.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Yeah, I think E would only be movable as part of a package (with someone like Nyquist), where we'd be getting a D upgrade and the other team just needed someone to plug that hole for the time being.

Agree if E was packaged with Nyquist then he might have some value, I wonder if the Jets would take Nyquist and Ericsson for Big Buff signed at a reasonable deal like 5 years $40 Million though I think that Buff wants around $50 Million long term.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
it can't be much,

Hockeyscap.com calculates every team's salary cap space daily, and it says we currently have 5.182 million in cap space.

Quincey and Miller's combined salary is 5.6 million dollars.

So I'm guessing we are going to have to drop about 500k in salary? But that's a shot in the dark, not sure about how these contracts get pro-rated, and some of the finer details.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Nosek was just sent down. Do we still need cap?

I believe so. The 5.182 figure I was using did not include him, so Miller and Quincey's combined cap should still put us over.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Holland is religious right? Hopefully the 666 prevents him from considering AM an option.

If Holland sends Marchenko down, who's led the team in IT a few times recently, instead of Kindl, who barely has a place and no future on this team, then he's officially lost his mind.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
If Holland sends Marchenko down, who's led the team in IT a few times recently, instead of Kindl, who barely has a place and no future on this team, then he's officially lost his mind.

The fact that we have to question whether or not he's going to is scary enough.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Why the hell is Quincey being paid that much in the first place?

Because he only signed a two-year deal. That's how you negotiate a contract. More money, fewer term. Unless you would have liked to have signed him for 5 years at 3 million.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Quincey has been steady since January 2014 when he's been in the lineup.

He's probably been our most physically defencemen since that time frame as well which is a nice element.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad