Blue Jays Discussion: Presenting your 2020 Buffalo Blue Jays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
I dont know what Huff said to Stroman, but he's been a loser long before any interfaction with Stroman.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Stroman/Grichuk situation is weird, could realistically believe either of them is in the wrong (or both). I still like Stro as a player though and Grich is still on the team so I'd prefer to just focus on baseball and leave this stuff private.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
I’d gladly take Stroman over Grichuk so I can could trade Stroman again and get another SWR type prospect.

And then we would have Grichuk off the books.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
There's a pretty massive difference between "holds right wing opinions" (which a huge number of baseball players likely do) and "openly promotes insane far-right conspiracy theories and repeatedly makes racist and sexist posts on social media".

Aubrey Huff is a piece of shit.

He very well might be a piece of shit, but it doesn't make what he said about Stroman (who also didn't deny the story btw) any less true.

Also says a lot about Stroman when his immediate reaction is to play the race card, when nothing of the sort was ever brought up. Speaks volumes about his (lack) of character.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Stroman should get off of social media yesterday. He literally could be costing himself 10's of millions with orgs imagining the potential disruption to their team he might cause.

Reactions: SAMCRO44 and kb

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
He very well might be a piece of shit, but it doesn't make what he said about Stroman (who also didn't deny the story btw) any less true.

Also says a lot about Stroman when his immediate reaction is to play the race card, when nothing of the sort was ever brought up. Speaks volumes about his (lack) of character.
I still don't know who to believe but Stroman did deny the story unequivocally a couple of times in replies to people.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008

I probably am among the minority who doesn't mind Stroman, but I agree. He could have responded by denying the facts of the incident or the framing, but going straight to the race card probably means he had no legit defense.

Reactions: stickty111 and kb

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012

Oh for sure... just a general comment about Huff (in response to a post that no longer exists).

Reactions: stickty111

kb

Aug 28, 2009
So has anyone other than Grichuk come forward to confirm the skipping rope incident?
Do you think anyone will now step up now? Right or wrong, it will be a shitshow.

Stro will try to bully them, or play the "poor me" victim, or play one of his many usual "cards" when he gets busted for the things he did and who he is.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I wouldn't say I'm opposed to Puig, but the only way he makes sense is if you believe that Grichuk can be the everyday CF this year and that none of the fringe/last chance OF on the team right now are going to amount to anything.

If you believe both of those things, then Puig makes a ton of sense. If not, you're better off leaving playing time available for Teoscar/Alford/McKinney/Fisher/Davis/etc. to see if one or two of them can solidify their place on the team for 2021.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
I wouldn't say I'm opposed to Puig, but the only way he makes sense is if you believe that Grichuk can be the everyday CF this year and that none of the fringe/last chance OF on the team right now are going to amount to anything.

If you believe both of those things, then Puig makes a ton of sense. If not, you're better off leaving playing time available for Teoscar/Alford/McKinney/Fisher/Davis/etc. to see if one or two of them can solidify their place on the team for 2021.

Didn't they say before the original spring training that Grich was going to play CF and Teoscar was playing right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad