GDT: Preseason: Wild @ Jets - 7 PM/3AM - TSN3 - Hockey's back

Status
Not open for further replies.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i like Russo's admonishment to stay calm. only 3 regulars from last season playing tonight, and i'm not sure Ballard should even count.

zucker was the best skater by a mile.

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013
So I rarely watch preseason hockey, but I find it funny that they never once mentioned the drastic difference in the "quality" of lineups as it pertains to the projected starters for each team. In football, if you do anything against second or third stringers, its mentioned that the competition was lacking.

If it were me, I couldn't go on and on about how awesome my PK was without mentioning that i was using starters and the other team was using players that will be lucky to even see the PP during the regular season. Its just odd to me i guess...

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
No, really thought Olofsson had some trouble and liked Folin's game. Looks like a better version of Stoner.

Huh, I didn't see any mistakes by Olofsson. Lots of great offensive plays, actually.

TheInstigator

Nov 7, 2013
Russo did indicate that training camp wasn't going to focus on special teams until this week. I don't think the poor PP is a major red flag.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
No, really thought Olofsson had some trouble and liked Folin's game. Looks like a better version of Stoner.

I wasn't sold on Olofsson either, and while Folin looked bad early he got better as the game progressed. I didn't really like any of our D out there.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Yeah, that was about as bare bones as we could get for a squad out there. My biggest take was Backs looking good. Plus Zucker flyin around.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
I wasn't sold on Olofsson either, and while Folin looked bad early he got better as the game progressed. I didn't really like any of our D out there.

When you think of it as a bunch of players trying to get the #6 spot on D they did fine. None of them are going to be matching up with other teams first line like they were tonight.

Huh, I didn't see any mistakes by Olofsson. Lots of great offensive plays, actually.

On that final PP he bungled up handling a pass at the top of the circles.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Yeah Olofsson was much more rookie like toward the end of the game. Handled the puck like a grenade. But then again, most of the D did.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
wonder if they'll do the same thing to us on Saturday...bring in minimum NHLrs.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
The most important thing in the game for me was Backstrom's level of play and i was satisfied. Also no injuries please.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Keranen, Schroder and Graovac had some nice passes on the PP too but it never amounted to anything and none of them would get a chance there anyway.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Liked what I saw from Zucker, Olloffson and Folin. Zucker was everywhere, and i'm convinced he's winning that third line spot assuming he doesn't get hurt.

Coyle and Nino kind of seemed to mail it in to me a bit. They looked solidish, but with their roster spot secured they obviously weren't giving that exta 10% that Zucker was giving.

Karanen has some plays where you could see the obvious skill, but seemed to be lacking.

Ballard sucks, i'd rather have a third pairing of Ollofsson and Folin.

Graovac looked good. I'm hoping we can trade Brodz at the deadline and have Graovac replace him.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
i'm still trying to figure out the rationale for playing Coyle at C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad