GDT: Preseason Hockey! Your New Jersey Devils vs. Boston Bruins, 7 PM, Devils App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Holtz off Hughes' line mean anything or just an attempt to collect more data?
I think it's an acknowledgement that if he makes the roster, he'll probably spend a significant amount of time on the third line and Tatar/Mercer are also likely to end up there at times. Also probably just want to give the Sharangovich-Hughes-Bratt line some run.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Bastian at C is pretty out of the box to say the least. Can Bratt or Holtz play LW? Would be interesting to see if they have any chemistry together, either with Hughes or Hischier.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Will it be up at njd.tv again or are with stuck with only mobile stream?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

I like Mercer getting the look at center here and Zetterlund getting a try with Wood and Haula.

Bahl and Marino as well.

That looks close to a real lineup

Bastian at C is pretty out of the box to say the least. Can Bratt or Holtz play LW? Would be interesting to see if they have any chemistry together, either with Hughes or Hischier.
If I remember correctly he played a lot of C in Mississauga.

Reactions: Guttersniped

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I have zero recollection of Bastian ever playing center.

I think his final year of junior was spent at center, if I recall correctly.

Not sure what the point is of putting him there tonight is - would've rather just seen Boqvist get another opportunity in that spot instead. There's only 2 more preseason games after tonight and those are usually used to ice close to the final roster, so I have a bad feeling about Boqvist based off what we've seen so far. Might be a decent chance he gets place on waivers instead of Johnsson.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I wonder if we can read much into McLeod not in his usual spot on 4C ? Shuffles players around to make room for Zetterlund .
Looks like Bahl is getting a good shot at being on the 3rd pairing . I don’t want both Tatar and Johnson making the team . I don’t want either but I think we are stuck with at least one of them

Looks like 3/4 of a full lineup. Who are we missing for players that are 100% on the team ? Nico , Palat , Severson , Graves and …

captainscott12

Jul 13, 2022
Big game for Bahl today, looks like an audition for that 6/7 spot next to Marino. Hope he does well!
I think in my mind he is in the lead to start with big club. his length is good obvi.. nemec will be up before we know it, but i see him starting at utica getting acclimated and earning his spot etc.

seig/severson
graves/hammy
bahl/smith/ marino

thats a nice top 7 and depending on playoff position injuries or lack thereof Nemec may be replacing severson if they trade him.. personally i don't think we should trade severson for the sake of it.. the veteren presence is needed but if nemec proves to be just as good severson could bring back a number 1 pick or a high level prospect. so that will be interesting trade capital for fitz to work with

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I wonder if we can read much into McLeod not in his usual spot on 4C ? Shuffles players around to make room for Zetterlund .
Looks like Bahl is getting a good shot at being on the 3rd pairing . I don’t want both Tatar and Johnson making the team . I don’t want either but I think we are stuck with at least one of them

Looks like 3/4 of a full lineup. Who are we missing for players that are 100% on the team ? Nico , Palat , Severson , Graves and …
Can any third liner really be seen as 100% on the team?

Reactions: Guttersniped
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad