GDT: Preseason Hockey! Game #3 - Your New Jersey Devils @ New York Rangers, 7 PM, MSG, NHL Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
We are gettimg destroyed tonight but better to save the better squad for the home game.
Our 4th line is essentially the “thanks for coming out and your effort during camp, here is your reward before we send you down “
It’s going to be very interesting if Tatar Johnson and even McLeod and Bastian make the starting roster. Boqvist Zetterlund Holtz “should” make it over them

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Corrected lineup - Foote in, Johnsson out.

Possibly a bit concerning that Mercer is back at center now given Nico's potential injury.

Basically, a third line, a mix of third line with prospect, a fourth line with prospect, and a no line. Actually decent defense but we will see about goalies. If Blackwood can't go I don't really want to start Schmid on the road against the Rangers pre-season or not. I'd prefer Vanacek to get the start.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Basically, a third line, a mix of third line with prospect, a fourth line with prospect, and a no line. Actually decent defense but we will see about goalies. If Blackwood can't go I don't really want to start Schmid on the road against the Rangers pre-season or not. I'd prefer Vanacek to get the start.
It'll be a good test of our defense :)

Reactions: Xirik

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Yeah, we’re getting destroyed lol.

Nope!

I've waited this for most of the summer... Tatar-Haula-Zetterlund will carry this one. I know this game means nothing, but I could not be more excited to see Tatar & Haula on the same line. I have a feeling Haula is planning to get some pp1 minutes in the long run, and it starts from winning this game.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Nope!

I've waited this for most of the summer... Tatar-Haula-Zetterlund will carry this one. I know this game means nothing, but I could not be more excited to see Tatar & Haula on the same line. I have a feeling Haula is planning to get some pp1 minutes in the long run, and it starts from winning this game.

The type of optimism we need in this joint!

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Nope!

What a bizarrely random pair of players to be excited about playing together. I'm trying to figure out how somebody could be related to both of these guys and coming up with nothing. :laugh:

Reactions: HersheyBob27

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
What a bizarrely random pair of players to be excited about playing together. I'm trying to figure out how somebody could be related to both of these guys and coming up with nothing. :laugh:
I'm actually excited about it because I was envisioning them as possibly our 3rd line. I really want to see Zetterlund Haula Mercer as a line too.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Its not *completely* random. VGK had the chance to pair them, but they failed miserably by not even trying! Both are really fast players that can be game breakers!!

Obviously the fact that they also had probably the most redonkylous fight in NHL history is part of the story why I really think they might have a great chemistry... Two europeons with very similar history getting together again is something hockey gods like.

Reactions: My3Sons

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
gonna be a real trial by fire for that Wotherspoon/Bahl pairing. I’m interested to see how Bahl does on the right side, if that’s really how they line up.
It is interesting that they keep playing Bahl on the right side as he was also on RD in the first preseason game.

Maybe he's in the lead for 7th D and they want to see if he can fill in adequately on both sides?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad