GDT: Preseason Game 9 : WINGS at leafs 7:00 pm et (NHLN)

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
They arrived in Toronto around 3:30 or 4 or something. So no practices, I guess.
We'll see if AA is ready. Or Nielsen.
Wonder if AA tweaked something crashing into the boards.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Don't actually find that package to be that bad. We protect our draft pick this year and deal AA and Bowey.

Connor is a first line winger that is extremely good. I don't believe in this site but if Stevie doesn't want AA long-term well this is at least an upgrade while moving him. 2021 1st is pretty steep on top of that, but it is a bold move.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Don't actually find that package to be that bad. We protect our draft pick this year and deal AA and Bowey.

Connor is a first line winger that is extremely good. I don't believe in this site but if Stevie doesn't want AA long-term well this is at least an upgrade while moving him. 2021 1st is pretty steep on top of that, but it is a bold move.
I'd rather use that package on a Top pairing Dman or to a lesser degree a Top end 2C (younger Duchene caliber)

Reactions: decaguard

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I'd rather use that package on a Top pairing Dman or to a lesser degree a legit 2C

I get that, but that might not materialize.

I would think a big part of this would be a confidence to be in on a Krug or someone else this summer. We can sit around waiting for the absolute best return ever, Sakic sort of did this with Duchene but it is rare that it materializes like that. But if you're landing Connor you must be moving towards accelerating where we are. Again I don't trust the site, but Kyle Connor is a stud and fits our age group. There are worse targets, he is a legit talent is all I am driving at. Assuming he is willing to come down on his number request to be in Detroit this could be interesting. My biggest issue with this is we seem committed to a bottom five finish, Connor would instantly improve our PP and second line a lot. I assume that is where he would lineup in terms of not touching the first but his ability to make plays and use teammates would change that look a lot.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
@TheZetterbergEra, I'd swap the 2021 1st for a 2020 2nd, but I doubt WPG would bite. Their fans on the main board don't even like the initial proposal.

You gotta feel for their fans, the team is in such a predicament after losing Trouba for a small return, Myers & Hayes to UFA & now Buff's LOA, possible retirement. They went from true contenders on paper to near "should we rebuild status?" in 3 months.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad