GDT: Preseason: Game 7 - Anaheim Ducks vs Arizona Coyotes, 7pm PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I'm all for the Cronins approach. f*** preseason results. We have a young team, new, coach, new system. The more practice we can get before the season starts the better. Even if it's before games and we end up looking gassed. I don't think it's about conditioning as some of you say. I'm expecting to focus on the results as soon as the season starts

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Carlsson and Minty were fantastic. Minty's offense already looks ahead of Drysdale's honestly, i just hope they find a spot for him to curate that even more this year whether it's with the Gulls or Ducks.

Did not think Mctavish was as mediocre as some - could've easily had two goals. Thomson was awful, do not expect him to be on the roster for much longer. Hopefully Dosty and Drys play on Saturday.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Carlsson and Mintykov man…. Results may have sucked but watching those two play like that was a treat. If they can continue to progress like we all know they can we should have our 1D and 1C right there. Loved the play with them on the PP where they kept dishing it to each other.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
What's up with Gibson leaving the game? Did they give an update? I'm getting tired of his hurt feelings

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I'm sure that's true. Was just obvious to us how much it affected the on ice product.

Don't get me wrong, the closer to top physical form these guys can be the better so I do hope Cronin keeps them on task in the weight room and in drills. Just know when it's time to let the body heal and rest up for game day.

Resting is just as important as working out as that's how one builds their gains. Giving no time to rest means you're not giving your body time to build. Similarly, overworking players doesn't allow their bodies adapt and you get gassed effort at the game.

Our PP and PK units still suck. Maybe the players are being overloaded right now. Cronin needs to let the players have time to soak in the new info along with their bodies developing it as muscle memory.

Reactions: Kalv

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
There’s no way minty zell drysdale loonie Lacombe are all on this team come 25-26 someone is getting flipped or multiple

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Well, if reading through this thread has taught me anything it's that I'll be spending a lot of time this season cacklin' for Macklin. Preseason be damned. :sarcasm:

Doothpick

9-1
Sep 15, 2008
I'm not saying this team needs to be full of goons, but there was a time long ago when this team didn't put up with other teams taking liberties on our players. Signing Gudas isn't going to be enough to protect our young core. We need a team that's willing to do this again:

Holy f*** that team was competitive during Niedermayer and Pronger. Getzlaf and Perry were great talents who would've been great anyway, but it really made a huge difference for them to come under those two hall of famers. I really wish this team gets that kind of veteran leadership and talent in the future for Z, Carlsson, Mac etc to surround themselves with. Nothing wrong with adding guys like Killorn and Gudas and I'm not asking for the moon (Nieds/Prongs), but something in the middle.

Get this team gelling a bit better this season, make a push for the playoffs 24-25 and then start looking into getting some help with the pieces that seem expendable. Damn this 5 seasons of sucking has made me so uninterested following. Can't even remember anything other than Getzy's last game and that frigging pass. That was such a beautiful way to finish a career.

Also thank you everyone for detailed analysis and such. I don't have the time or enough interest, but reading some bits here during the training camp has made me looking forward catching some games this season. Maybe there will be some good signs of new beginning this season.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Missed the game but reading here sure gets me excited for Carlsson and Minty. If we truly land a 1c and a 1d we are going to be absolutely loaded. Not even sure what our needs would be next draft if that is the case but maybe a winger?

Reactions: robbieboy3686

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Missed the game but reading here sure gets me excited for Carlsson and Minty. If we truly land a 1c and a 1d we are going to be absolutely loaded. Not even sure what our needs would be next draft if that is the case but maybe a winger?
Definitely a winger. That’s a gigantic weakness of ours. We really need a top 6 winger from this draft

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Well, if reading through this thread has taught me anything it's that I'll be spending a lot of time this season cacklin' for Macklin. Preseason be damned. :sarcasm:
Greedy for Celebrini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad