GDT: Preseason: Game 7 - Anaheim Ducks vs Arizona Coyotes, 7pm PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
All kidding aside. Kassian in front of the net has been parked front and center in all games. He’s hard to move

Reactions: snowave

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I think this team needs a Kassian. I just wish it didn't have to be Kassian.
IMG_3019.gif

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Good:

Carlsson was the most positive impact forward on the ice. He created multiple chances for himself but just couldn't bury. Good set up chances too.

Z looks to have added a fair amount of strength which should make him more effective in the offensive zone, like Terry. His timing is clearly off, but even with having missed half of training camp, it was obvious how much more talent got injected into this roster by his return.

Mintyukov looks to be improving every game. If he keeps progressing at this rate he could be NHL ready very soon if not ready now.

Meh:

I understand Zegras' timing being off but Terry still seems a bit off.

I don't think McTavish played badly but I've really been hoping to see more from him in his second year. Kid doesn't seem assertive enough and for all his size, he doesn't win enough battles, as Burrito pointed out.

Gibby looks broken

Bad:

I would play any of Zell, Minty, or Luneau in the NHL over Lassi Thomson. Not a sneakily good waiver wire pick up at all. Maybe he just needs to get back in nhl form but from what other fans have reported, it may just be that he's not very good.

Kassian may have lucked into a clean up dump in goal at a wide open net but outside of adding net front presence he's barely hacking it as a decent fourth liner.

If Strome and Vatrano are supposed to be secondary scoring for this top 6...well I hope that they're just in wait for the whole team to adapt to Cronin's system because both of them were non factors.

Silfverberg really looks like he's struggling. He had a couple almost decent plays in there but he really looks washed up and not a guy you'd want in a competitive core. Shame to see cause I always liked the guy but as the kids start getting better, he's a guy I think you phase out eventually.

Full practices on game day better just be a boot camp style way to get the guys in great physical shape for the season and not a regular occurrence. Multiple people have noted it but the team looked gassed. And the team with lower endurance is inevitably going to be the team that loses puck battles all over the ice. I'm all for Cronin beefing up the physical training these guys go through but you can't do a rigorous full practice the morning before a game in the regular season.

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
I'm not saying this team needs to be full of goons, but there was a time long ago when this team didn't put up with other teams taking liberties on our players. Signing Gudas isn't going to be enough to protect our young core. We need a team that's willing to do this again:

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
This roster should have played better. Team defense is still and issue. Eakins is gone now.. That excuse is out the window.. I'm giving them 20 games to learn this new system.. if after that it's the same crap. Than we tank

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Good:

Carlsson was the most positive impact forward on the ice. He created multiple chances for himself but just couldn't bury. Good set up chances too.

Z looks to have added a fair amount of strength which should make him more effective in the offensive zone, like Terry. His timing is clearly off, but even with having missed half of training camp, it was obvious how much more talent got injected into this roster by his return.

Mintyukov looks to be improving every game. If he keeps progressing at this rate he could be NHL ready very soon if not ready now.

Meh:

I understand Zegras' timing being off but Terry still seems a bit off.

I don't think McTavish played badly but I've really been hoping to see more from him in his second year. Kid doesn't seem assertive enough and for all his size, he doesn't win enough battles, as Burrito pointed out.

Gibby looks broken

Bad:

I would play any of Zell, Minty, or Luneau in the NHL over Lassi Thomson. Not a sneakily good waiver wire pick up at all. Maybe he just needs to get back in nhl form but from what other fans have reported, it may just be that he's not very good.

Kassian may have lucked into a clean up dump in goal at a wide open net but outside of adding net front presence he's barely hacking it as a decent fourth liner.

If Strome and Vatrano are supposed to be secondary scoring for this top 6...well I hope that they're just in wait for the whole team to adapt to Cronin's system because both of them were non factors.

Silfverberg really looks like he's struggling. He had a couple almost decent plays in there but he really looks washed up and not a guy you'd want in a competitive core. Shame to see cause I always liked the guy but as the kids start getting better, he's a guy I think you phase out eventually.

Full practices on game day better just be a boot camp style way to get the guys in great physical shape for the season and not a regular occurrence. Multiple people have noted it but the team looked gassed. And the team with lower endurance is inevitably going to be the team that loses puck battles all over the ice. I'm all for Cronin beefing up the physical training these guys go through but you can't do a rigorous full practice the morning before a game in the regular season.
I don’t know if I can find it, but I’m pretty sure Cronin referenced how there’s so little time in camp, so he doesn’t want to skip practice days. Makes sense. Camp starts, then games start after like 3 days. Especially with a new system, the more practice time the better. I don’t think this was ever anything he was planning on doing once the regular season starts.

Reactions: lwvs84 and Kalv

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
I don’t know if I can find it, but I’m pretty sure Cronin referenced how there’s so little time in camp, so he doesn’t want to skip practice days. Makes sense. Camp starts, then games start after like 3 days. Especially with a new system, the more practice time the better. I don’t think this was ever anything he was planning on doing once the regular season starts.
As long as it is not a yearly occurrence like Carlyle. Even Randy figured it out eventually that over-conditioning was non-productive.

John

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
I think we have to take into consideration, Cronin doesn't know these guys yet. He doesn't know what Zs tank is, so play him 25 minutes and see what he's does. He doesn't know if Mac is going to bend or break if he's absolutely gassed. He doesn't know how Fowler handles some adversity.

He's testing these guys as much as he's trying to pin point strengths and weaknesses. A lot of what we are seeing is likely a result of Cronin trying to figure out who his guys are.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm sure that's true. Was just obvious to us how much it affected the on ice product.

Don't get me wrong, the closer to top physical form these guys can be the better so I do hope Cronin keeps them on task in the weight room and in drills. Just know when it's time to let the body heal and rest up for game day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad