Post-Game Talk: Preseason Game 6 = win

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
This sums up Calgary's level of "class"...

calgary screenhshot.JPG

Looking forward to the regular season now. Go Jets!

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Team looked a lot last last year to me...sloppy at times, no depth, skilled enough at the top to overcome it. We will see, I guess.

Reactions: GNP, hn777 and None

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Shot count was deceiving that game, Jets mostly limited the Flames to low quality chances. Depth became a massive issue after Dubois exited, offense immediately extinguished.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
I thought Heinola had a quiet game(in a good way). Seemed much more comfortable. Nice to see.

I still think we need another 2nd line forward.. depth concerns me and one injury to a Ehlers/Connor could derail things pretty quickly.

Reactions: hn777 and AlaskaJet

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Decent game. I think Heinola has won the opening night spot with that game. He was uneventful and boring which is probably exactly what the coaching staff wanted against a full NHL lineup.

Top line flying.

Botton-6 is the main concern with this team... nothing seems to happen with them on the ice. Gagner will help but hoping for a waiver claim to bring something there.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Team looked a lot last last year to me...sloppy at times, no depth, skilled enough at the top to overcome it. We will see, I guess.

I still feel like last year the lack of depth was a product of our coaching. We had the depth last year, it just wasn't utilized effectively.

Now we're a year in the future minus Copp and Stastny and hoping our more aggressive defenseman in all 3 zones can help make up for some of our forward depth deficiencies. It'll be nigh impossible to make up for injuries in the top 6 though so hopefully Dubois is okay.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Shot count was deceiving that game, Jets mostly limited the Flames to low quality chances. Depth became a massive issue after Dubois exited, offense immediately extinguished.
There was also a lot of hometown tracking going on in this game. Some Jets shots weren't counted. The Flames broadcast said that Shane's Furniture or whatever was offering some prize for every save Markstrom made. Maybe Shane paid of the trackers to undercount shots against Markstrom.

Main difference was the opposing team could not get shots from the front of the net. Whereas last season it was open season in the ~10-12 feet region in front of the Jets net.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
That was a missed call on Perfetti, going forward he will have to be more aware especially near the boards, there are a lot of players who will take you out even when your back faces them.

Reactions: GNP

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
So even with Dubois injured, Perfetti only played 11 minutes. Fewest on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad