GDT: Preseason Game 6: Sabres at Blue Jackets, 7 PM

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
i like the 80% caring in preseason.. health first but a push.

the sabres look very talented . and confident enough to not really give a flying fook about this game..
yet.. you can see the true distaste for losing.. not over yet but a perfect preseason game for me..

benson is a revelation, wearing the correct number, without the pressure the former owner had .

oloffson, looks like hes precessing the game quickly and is prepared to help his friends and does not give a fook what all board army nerds think of his green ass , kopefully he grew up and got some perspective and self reflection over the break ..

power is a confident vet.. he will not regress

we, buffalo should prepare for some hockey to be proud of..

So... We begin.. the last season ill watch and im am thrilled at the compete and honor that exudes from Mr Don 'meatballs Granato. He is complteely dialed in and aware of the impact of every situation and every question ..

KA has equipped the team to protect yutes in goal.. A cool all in experiment

Skinner is home. a good positive mouthpiece for the other five ( really 13 , 7 and 3) core guys who just play . The sabres could play w this group w three four out .

i SEE IMPROVMENT all around and who cares about points regression.. Win 50 ... IS NOT UNREASONABLE AS WE WILL HAVE 4 LINES W LEGIT NHL PLAYERS ( in 8 , 10 game stints , I can see 7-2-1 ) IF VO is healthy and proves the boards wrong . the team really has some interchangeable depth w the recent addition of Benson and Quinn, itching to better the duclair recovery by a month ( he was effective and fresh for Florida in the playoffs after a tentative start ) .. we don't seem need kane or anyone similar that changes the room unless the depth weve seen is a mirage for regular season games. I don't see that at all.

i love the LOSS , MORE BAD FOOD TO EAT AND WORK FOR october 12th

perfect

Go sabres

Last edited:

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Always need at least 5 to win a UPL game.

If they’re afraid of losing this replacement level goalie on waivers after years of no development…I don’t know what to tell them. I’m more worried he will take AHL starts from Cooley and hurt that team’s season.

I hope some of those dinner conversations with Adams involved discussion of an alternate career path

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
I'm starting to get mightily annoyed by the CBJ announcers not knowing that the hyphen is after the Ukko, not the Pekka. His surname is not "Pekka-Luukkonen"

Reactions: Tsujimoto

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Unfortunately he has also been one of the worst goalies in the NHL.
21-22 -> UPL played 9gms (like Levi just did) and had a .917sv%. He also played 33gms in AHL with .900sv%

22-23 - Last year in NHL he played well for two months, won rookie of the month and helped get us back into the playoffs race. Then he struggled badly and was bad for the next two months.

Its a mixed bag showing some promise.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I really expected to see more from the Sabres during these preseason games. I would not get too high over a few big wins and know that I should not be too down from pre season results--but I am disappointed.

Reactions: BuffaloMango

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
I've been thinking RyJo will be first call up when there's an injury because there's no chance they play him over Joki. We still haven't seen EJ though, and there was talk of a minor issue or soreness with him at one point. Maybe Ryan starts opening night in EJ's place?

Reactions: CaliSabresfan24

pf8363

Feb 17, 2015
Generally in the preseason it feels like the home team ices the more talented roster. Sabres are 2-0 at home and 1-3 on the road in the preseason. Not concerned at all. Also Ryan Johnson needs to play in the top 6 immediately

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
G
BENSON
JJ had some flashes
Samuelsson-Johnson was our best pair.

B
VO
Dahlin-Clifton pair did not look good...
Krebs had a rough one

U:
team defense.

A lot of the guys tonight just seemed...meh.. Not sure if it because it's a preseason game but the boys didn't really seem motivated.

Although the team didn't help him much at all, I still don't feel confident with UPL's performance.. There were quite a few scenario's where he was wayyy out of position and left the net wide open. I would also like him to smother the first shot more and give up less rebounds.

Regardless of who it is, I don't feel confident with our backup goalie situation at all.

Last edited:

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I felt okay about this preseason game. There were a few times when you could tell the vets cranked up the intensity a little bit and we carried the play.

Defense aside, would have liked more from UPL. Loved seeing a Benson goal. The feed to Rousek just before the goal was even more impressive to me. Served it up on a platter.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Always need at least 5 to win a UPL game.

If they’re afraid of losing this replacement level goalie on waivers after years of no development…I don’t know what to tell them. I’m more worried he will take AHL starts from Cooley and hurt that team’s season.

I hope some of those dinner conversations with Adams involved discussion of an alternate career path
you act like a 24 year old goalie can't improve calm down you can't let him go down he would get claimed by a smart team immediately.

Reactions: Grinder44

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Outscoring other teams is contingent on two parts, people seem to forget that. Give me my 5-4 wins. Give me 350 goals. Neurotic, hand-wringing fandom ain't for me. Shout out @K8fool

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: