GDT: PRESEASON - Game 6 - DEVILS @ Flyers - 7PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Flyers not broadcasting a preseason game? What a second rate operation :sarcasm:

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I thought unless there's new information the Flyers were broadcasting the game on 93.3 WMMR. It stinks if they aren't because then we won't have any coverage of the game, but if the Flyers also didn't provide any coverage, that doesn't excuse the Devils from not. One organization doing a bad job at something doesn't excuse another organization that also does a lousy job at the same thing.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Oh there should be a radio feed...but the deal with WFAN and Yankee game crossovers make it a bit tricky I'd imagine.

GhostofKenKlee

Oh there should be a radio feed...but the deal with WFAN and Met game crossovers make it a bit tricky I'd imagine.

Bloomberg and their website are usually the dumping grounds for the conflicts games, I don't know why at least the Devils don't have pbp on the site.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Bloomberg and their website are usually the dumping grounds for the conflicts games, I don't know why at least the Devils don't have pbp on the site.

WFAN not wanting to pay production costs for a preseason game that'll get a .001 rating on overflow? I'm just spitballing, I have no idea then again it isn't important for me to watch or listen to preseason in the first place. More power to those that do but even the preseason game I went to I wasn't into it at all

GhostofKenKlee

WFAN not wanting to pay production costs for a preseason game that'll get a .001 rating on overflow? I'm just spitballing, I have no idea then again it isn't important for me to watch or listen to preseason in the first place. More power to those that do but even the preseason game I went to I wasn't into it at all

I'm not into preseason at all but just riffing totally off the new praise for access to the team that folks around here talk about.

But from what I understand about the radio deal, WFAN doesn't pay for the games, they agree to be the station the team pays for ads.

Hey, at least we aren't on Hofstra radio like Islanders.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Would you drag all your stuff out of the garage if you knew you'd have one person come to your yard sale?

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Would you drag all your stuff out of the garage if you knew you'd have one person come to your yard sale?

Well, if you never have the yard sale because you're afraid no one will come, you can watch everyone who might have come to your yard sale go to the neighbor's instead.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I care about NHL preseason games about as much as I care about NFL preseason games, which is barely at all. Yeah, it would be nice if we had the option to watch/listen to the game, but ultimately it's really not that big of a deal to me.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Yankees game just got postponed until tomorrow so there is free air now, but I imagine its to late to ship Matt and Sherry to Philly.

Game is in Newark tonight but they will probably be there to watch the game anyway.

That being said this is the most pre-season games we have ever had aired on TV that I can remember so I've been pretty happy with that fact alone.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
What, that a preseason game is not televised?

It would be nice, but no biggie to me.

I do care. It's freaking ridiculous. At the very very least we should be able to get a stream of the in house feed. We can get video of all the rookie scimmages, but not a preseason game with close to a full lineup? That's ridiculous. And not broadcasting the game is not a way to increase ticket sales. It's a way to do the opposite. They should be trying to get this team out there on every outlet possible as often as possible.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I do care. It's freaking ridiculous. At the very very least we should be able to get a stream of the in house feed. We can get video of all the rookie scimmages, but not a preseason game with close to a full lineup? That's ridiculous. And not broadcasting the game is not a way to increase ticket sales. It's a way to do the opposite. They should be trying to get this team out there on every outlet possible as often as possible.

I hear you. There's no excuse that the Flyers can provide coverage for fans, and the Devils can't. It's pretty pathetic that I'm dependent on the Flyers' radio broadcast.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
More Devils preseason games were televised on MSG+ this season than in any prior season.

But, our preseason games used to be on the radio at one point and recently streamed on the Devils site.

I don't get why they could not let Matt & Sherry call the game with streamed video on the Devils website?

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
More Devils preseason games were televised on MSG+ this season than in any prior season.

But, our preseason games used to be on the radio at one point and recently streamed on the Devils site.

I don't get why they could not let Matt & Sherry call the game with streamed video on the Devils website?

A balanced post I agree with.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

do you understand how TV networks work?

blame MSG, not the Devils.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
With both MLB teams rained out tonight, seems like a missed opportunity in retrospect to not televise the game on msg+

A nice night to drink a few porters with hot food at home for those not attending the game.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
So Zacha is the extra in the line rushes. Good thing here is that it would seem to indicate a pretty good chance he gets returned to junior. Definitely the best thing for him is to let him develop in juniors and not waste a year of his ELC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig