GDT: Preseason Game 6: Coyotes @ Sharks - 7PM

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Duke would work as well. He just seems off from what he use to be in my opinion. Much less aggressive on the rush. SJ commentators made a point to mention twice he had a good rush going with his line mates and he'd pull up and just lob it in. I'm guessing this is due to being told to take short shifts because RT likes to keep really short shifts to maintain an up tempo pace, but I like the Duke that pushes the play. He definitely has the ability.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
How did Strome look? Who were his linemates?
Pretty good, he had a nice move through a few sharks for a shot on goal, and won a puck battle against 2 sharks later and made a nice pass. Also had some nice defensive plays. No points though. Iirc it was duke and rieder he played with.

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
The 16k number was incredible. Of course we can have excuses like Dbacks, Suns, Cardinals, golf tournaments..that aren't competing in SJ, but even Im a little tired of those excuses.
As to the game
I get a little worried when the SOG is 31-18 with like 5 minutes left in the game.
Sounds eerily familiar to the games of 2016-17.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
The 16k number was incredible. Of course we can have excuses like Dbacks, Suns, Cardinals, golf tournaments..that aren't competing in SJ, but even Im a little tired of those excuses.
As to the game
I get a little worried when the SOG is 31-18 with like 5 minutes left in the game.
Sounds eerily familiar to the games of 2016-17.
(In best Jeff Spicoli voice) Duuude, you gotta concentrate on the positives dude, it's like you can hear the action on the ice soooo much better, with less crowd - and hey - we won bud!

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002

Zero chance there were 16,000 people there last night. I'm guessing that number is paid attendance (a total that includes all the STHs who did not show up), and it's probably inflated beyond that, too. The stadium only holds about 17,500 people, and the lower bowl looked less than half full (which means the upper bowl was probably mostly empty).

Reactions: 0point1

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Zero chance there were 16,000 people there last night. I'm guessing that number is paid attendance (a total that includes all the STHs who did not show up), and it's probably inflated beyond that, too. The stadium only holds about 17,500 people, and the lower bowl looked less than half full (which means the upper bowl was probably mostly empty).
I had the same exact thought. I just didn't want to be the bash attendance guy being a Coyotes fan. Haha. But now that you did it, I'll lend you my full support. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad