GDT: Preseason game 5: Coyotes @ Oilers - 6PM

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Yeah, my stream died also.... just in time to miss 3 goals.
At least the score is tilted to the good guys.

A bit surprised Hill is getting a whole game in.
Kuemper and Raanta will need to get some serious ice in soon.

Reactions: Jakey53

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Given Hill’s showing, can we go with Hill and Kuemper and put Raanta on the IR to get his mechanics back.

Reactions: Yandover

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Is OEL hurt? EDM fans saying he hurt himself and I can't see ****.
It looked like he hurt his shoulder or wrist. Usually he fights back, but he got up off the ice and skated right to the bench.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Given Hill’s showing, can we go with Hill and Kuemper and put Raanta on the IR to get his mechanics back.
If Raanta's not careful he will not only lose his starting job but the back up job as well. How long does he have to be on IR? He missed most of last season and had all off season to heal. Now he has only played one game and he is still not right. Time is ticking on Raanta.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
If Smitty's head's on straight this year, he probably finishes about .910. He'll have an equal amount of games above .95 and below .88. Lots of both.
It wasn't exactly all on Smith tonight, but I thought it was funny he was .882 after I posted this earlier. Koskinen was .875

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
If Raanta's not careful he will not only lose his starting job but the back up job as well. How long does he have to be on IR? He missed most of last season and had all off season to heal. Now he has only played one game and he is still not right. Time is ticking on Raanta.

losing patience with this guy. f***ing guy can’t stay healthy and is eating up 4M plus and has done nothing for this team.

Reactions: Yandover

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
losing patience with this guy. ****ing guy can’t stay healthy and is eating up 4M plus and has done nothing for this team.

I think we make a decision during the course of this season on Raanta and Kuemper long-term.

If Hill holds down the fort in the A, we move him up to backup at the end of this year and/or beginning of next.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
not that I'm aware of. One of the Oilers broadcasters said something that could have been confused for talking about this season but I don't think he was.
Then why has he only played in one game this preseason? Not saying he is hurt, but he needs game time to get his timing back. We have two games left before the season starts and Kuemper has played in two games and Raanta one. If Raanta doesn't play one of the next two games, it's time to get concerned about his health.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Then why has he only played in one game this preseason? Not saying he is hurt, but he needs game time to get his timing back. We have two games left before the season starts and Kuemper has played in two games and Raanta one. If Raanta doesn't play one of the next two games, it's time to get concerned about his health.
Raanta might be Hanzal like.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Does Bunting look like he could have a shot?

I think Tocchet likes him a lot - really, Bunting/Chaput/Pederson, as he's rolled with them in multiple preseason games. That said, his goal last night was thanks chiefly to Adam Larsson's stupendously bad turnover, so unless he has himself a really big game or two before the season starts, he'll probably be in Tucson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad