GDT: Preseason game 5: Coyotes @ Oilers - 6PM

SCT

May 6, 2015
Does anyone know if there will be a stream for the game?

SCT

May 6, 2015
Edmonton's twitter just posted that you can stream it on Twitter or Facebook. Hopefully it is available outside of the Edmonton area.

Reactions: SniperHF

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Oilers lines

Draisaitl - McDavid - Kassian
Gagner - RNH - Neal
Granlund - Cave - Chiasson
Khaira - Sheahan - Archibald

Nurse - Larson
Klefbom - Persson
Russell - Benning

Smith

Reactions: MIG and Edenjung

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Oilers lines

Draisaitl - McDavid - Kassian
Gagner - RNH - Neal
Granlund - Cave - Chiasson
Khaira - Sheahan - Archibald

Nurse - Larson
Klefbom - Persson
Russell - Benning

Smith
Thank you. Like the screen name. Good luck with Smith. He's a Tippett favorite, to be sure. He'll thrill you one moment, panic you the next.

Reactions: Coffey

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I've seen enough of Smith on your team and the Flames to be panicked lol
I swear to god if he spazzes on our players...

Well, he's probably going to start barking at your D-men in between falling like he's shot at the first brush of contact from Brad Richardson and then slashing and breaking Barrett Hayton's leg, but at least it'll be popcorn-worthy!

Reactions: Jmmack

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Well, he's probably going to start barking at your D-men in between falling like he's shot at the first brush of contact from Brad Richardson and then slashing and breaking Barrett Hayton's leg, but at least it'll be popcorn-worthy!
This is why I always hated Smith lol
Always called him a whiny spaz. Now I have to support him :cry:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
This is why I always hated Smith lol
Always called him a whiny spaz. Now I have to support him :cry:

Well, the good news for the Oilers is that he motivates himself most against the Coyotes, so you're guaranteed at least two or three quality starts from him this season.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Well, the good news for the Oilers is that he motivates himself most against the Coyotes, so you're guaranteed at least two or three quality starts from him this season.
hahaha Wanna hear something weird?
I used to hate the Coyotes... But now that Smith isn't there, I don't at all.

And I have no idea which Smith to expect this year. If he played like he did in the playoffs for the Flames, I'll be happy.
Better than first shot-first goal Talbot.

Reactions: CC96 and Lilhoody

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
hahaha Wanna hear something weird?
I used to hate the Coyotes... But now that Smith isn't there, I don't at all.

And I have no idea which Smith to expect this year. If he played like he did in the playoffs for the Flames, I'll be happy.
Better than first shot-first goal Talbot.

Like in The Matrix, there is a plethora of Smiths. And like in Forrest Gump, you never know what you're gonna get.

I used to loathe the Oilers franchise for its seemingly never-ending luck in the draft lottery, but I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Oilers fans. I think Edmonton fans make up one of the few fanbases in hockey that truly understand what it's like to suffer for years under the absolute nadir of incompetence like we have had here in Arizona. Hell, you even got your very own Tippett era! The good news is that when Tippett left here, we finally have the makings of a full-on franchise turnaround, so there's hope for you guys in three years or so - plus, you'll probably squeak into the playoffs this season based on Tippett Precedent.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Like in The Matrix, there is a plethora of Smiths. And like in Forrest Gump, you never know what you're gonna get.

I used to loathe the Oilers franchise for its seemingly never-ending luck in the draft lottery, but I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Oilers fans. I think Edmonton fans make up one of the few fanbases in hockey that truly understand what it's like to suffer for years under the absolute nadir of incompetence like we have had here in Arizona. Hell, you even got your very own Tippett era! The good news is that when Tippett left here, we finally have the makings of a full-on franchise turnaround, so there's hope for you guys in three years or so - plus, you'll probably squeak into the playoffs this season based on Tippett Precedent.
Yea I always wondered why people hated us for being shitty lol We had terrible GMs (Tambo, Lowe, MacT, Chia) that couldn't make a decent team and prayed for a savior without actually trying. Our fanbase hated all of them. Hall for Larsson will still go down as one of the worst trades.

At this point, asides from the obvious (Canucks, Flames) I don't really hate anyone in the division anymore. Kings sucks, Ducks suck, Knights too fresh and I've always wanted the Sharks to win a cup.

But I'm hoping for a playoff sneak-in in the next 2 years for sure. I even started watching basketball against last year because of the crappy season haha

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Yea I always wondered why people hated us for being ****ty lol

A percentage of Canadian fans on HF are completely insufferable, and the Oilers fans "lulzing" after winning lottery after lottery didn't help. You're talking to a fanbase that has been f***ed over by the lottery numerous times despite, on average, being more competitive.

Maybe having the best player in the league on the team and still sucking has sobered everyone up.

Reactions: Coffey

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
And I have no idea which Smith to expect this year.

No one does. It's Mike Smith.

Tipp will ride him to death. If Koskinen shows up this season worth his contract, he'll be suddenly traded.

If Smitty's head's on straight this year, he probably finishes about .910. He'll have an equal amount of games above .95 and below .88. Lots of both.
He'll have games where he absolutely steals points, looks unstoppable, and his puckhandling skills create breakouts (and a pass to Connor is a lot more exciting than one to Kyle "he's like Datsyuk" Chipchura).
Then he'll have games where he gives up a two goal leads "he'd like to have back", but then tightens up.
Then he'll have games where you wonder if he knows he is in net tonight, and marvel that he has an NHL job.

That's all you can realistically expect.

Reactions: Fyreman and Coffey

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
You're talking to a fanbase that has been ****ed over by the lottery numerous times despite, on average, being more competitive.
Yea I definitely got sympathy for you guys lol
Didn't Buffalo get f***ed a few times too?

Reactions: CC96

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad