GDT: Preseason game 5: Coyotes @ Oilers - 6PM

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Raanta is already injured again?
That's what I thought I heard, but I assumed they were talking about last year. Interesting because he has only played in one game, and I was surprised Hill got the start tonight.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
That's what I thought I heard, but I assumed they were talking about last year. Interesting because he has only played in one game, and I was surprised Hill got the start tonight.

This one kinda gave the impression he's still being managed:

If Raanta is the guy that might not be clear early in the season.

Reactions: knich

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Raanta’ s mechanics seemed really off to me. I bet they want to work with him a bit more before he plays again.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Pre season. Why you worried??
Raanta has played one game is about six or eight months whatever it is. He needs the reps. Kuemper has only been in for two. He needs the reps. Two games left before the season starts.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Raanta has played one game is about six or eight months whatever it is. He needs the reps. Kuemper has only been in for two. He needs the reps. Two games left before the season starts.

Also can’t push the guy either. We don’t know everything about his situation so we simply have to trust the staff.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
8475311.jpg

We own Raanta for 2 more years, he has elite level talent. If he can be rehabbed it's worth doing.

Till then we've got that guy^

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I've not been high on Bunting but I kinda wonder if he can become an Archibald type of 13th forward. Wouldn't be bad value out of a 4th.
Not that he had a whole lot to do with that goal :biglaugh:

EDIT: Lol Nurse watch your stick dude.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I don't think many of our players are apparently bright enough to know that they have to move to help create a lane for the puck-carriers...

And there's the shorty...

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I'm sort of still marginally optimistic about the PP in the sense that a big chunk of our problem is gaining/holding the zone in the first place. They do seem to be somewhat better at that in the 2 games I've seen. Though it's preseason so it's hard to gauge how hard the PK is really going.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'm sort of still marginally optimistic about the PP in the sense that a big chunk of our problem is gaining/holding the zone in the first place. They do seem to be somewhat better at that in the 2 games I've seen. Though it's preseason so it's hard to gauge how hard the PK is really going.

First unit just stood around passing, second unit with all the hungry guys actually moved around, especially Crouse.

Then the 1st unit comes back out and makes a super dumb drop pass that goes the other way for a goal.

Seems like a desire thing to me.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
The PP suffered because the players were thinking too much. No chaos was created because few shots were taken. We need one timers and then a scramble for the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad