GDT: Preseason Game 5: Blue Jackets @ Sabres - 7:00pm EDT

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
This has been a much better period from Dahlin. He had one terrible shift in the first, but hasn't turned the puck over since then.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
I dunno about Skinner being a passenger. He's been awfully disruptive on the forecheck. Reinhart gets the puck where it needs to be, Eichel is Eichel, and Skinner just hound dogs, finds open ice and cleans up garbage around the net, this could be a top-20 line.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Definitely looking forward to Sheary-Eichel-Reinhart when Sheary's healthy. Okposo and Mitts both looking much better tonight.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Ha...the average draft position on the Sabres goal is less than 2.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Kind of erases all of the good he's done so far.
I don’t agree. If he makes stupid mistakes frequently then yes, but his style of play and what he has shown during this game is something we need. Perfect to get lines going if we’re a bit lacklustre or slow.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Eichel ate up ice so quickly from the blue line in and that pass was disgusting

Get the Aud ice size back, see how it works in the Sabres favor with quick pivots who can create havoc when D-men are off their angles due to the smaller neutral zone.

And Foudy is a gamer.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Does this "allow a goal the shift after scoring a goal" seem just unbelievably frequent for this team, for how many years now? This isn't an anomaly.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I don’t agree. If he makes stupid mistakes frequently then yes, but his style of play and what he has shown during this game is something we need. Perfect to get lines going if we’re a bit lacklustre or slow.

Eh, he can't afford to make miscues that wind up in the net though. It was an inattentive play. He can't do that in the position he's in.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
What I loved about the Mitts play was that it was his game. It wasn't just a random nice play that you'll see from any decent NHL player. It was the "this puck is f***ing mine" mentality, then protecting the puck, then using the vision to find a pass.

If he's going to be a star, he's going to need that every game.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad