GDT: Preseason Game 4: Sabres at Penguins 7 PM

Sound_n_Fury

Apr 3, 2005
Not making Shayna Goldman eat her words this period. Regardless of who's in or out of the lineup, the style of d-zone play is not encouraging.

Tijuana Donkey Show

Mar 14, 2023
I was comparing him to Girgs and Okposo. Dude is always in the right place defensively. Like always.

At the risk of beating a dead horse, I think it’s why the lines at the end of last year were better. Greenway and Mitts provide a bit of much needed toughness to the top 6.

I am cautiously optimistic about Greenway this year.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Thats a pretty silly thing to post. Not having our top 6 dmen in the lineup matters. Not having several forwards in the lineup matters. Especially with the Pens icing what they are.
Agreed … you can’t take too much from this game. You can however see how guys like Rosen, Biro, Kulich and Ryan Johnson look pretty good against NHL competition.

Sound_n_Fury

Apr 3, 2005
Thats a pretty silly thing to post. Not having our top 6 dmen in the lineup matters. Not having several forwards in the lineup matters. Especially with the Pens icing what they are.
Talent matters, for sure. That's why I said who's in or out of the line up. But the coaching staff seems content to not do anything about how they play in their zone, even if it's AHL-ers and prospects and not the top 6. Fire wagon hockey isn't going to cut it this year.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Gusty effort against the Pens All-Stars. Jarry had to make some great saves to keep the game tied for most of it. I'm happy with a lot of what I saw. Definitely better than expected considering the talent difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad