GDT: Preseason Game 4 at Capitals

May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
It appears the game will be on CSN-DC so there should be a stream for the game floating around somewhere.

Lineup

Teravainen-Staal-Williams
Nordstrom-Kruger-McGinn
Saarela-Necas-Kuokkanen
Zykov-Wallmark-Gauthier

Slavin-Faulk
Hanifin-McKeown
Dahlbeck-Carrick

Ward
Smith

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Dang, was hoping to see Roy, I was really hoping for the chance to see his skating in person, it can be difficult to evaluate on TV. And no Darling is a bummer too. But the ticket was less than the price of a beer, and I'm looking forward to seeing Saarela, Necas, and Gauthier, who are in my mind our three best forward prospects right now.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
It appears the game will be on CSN-DC so there should be a stream for the game floating around somewhere.

Lineup

Teravainen-Staal-Williams
Nordstrom-Kruger-McGinn
Saarela-Necas-Kuokkanen
Zykov-Wallmark-Gauthier

Slavin-Faulk
Hanifin-McKeown
Dahlbeck-Carrick

Ward
Smith

I want to see that line play...could be real fun to watch.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Excited to see Gauthier tonight. I really hope he pans out. We've never had a massive, physical forward who can score.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Excited to see Gauthier tonight. I really hope he pans out. We've never had a massive, physical forward who can score.

He was practicing some stickhandling pregame and looked pretty good on that front too.

Also, the beer at the Verizon Center remains utter crap. Either ****** lager, IPA, or wheat. Nothing in between the extremes. Food is garbage too. Be thankful for what you've got at PNC. Real food and real beer. Shouldn't be that crazy a standard to meet, but...

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Noted cheap shot artist and general all around piece of ****ing **** Tom Wilson suspended for tonight's game

While I'm totally on board with this, even though I don't think the hit he threw warranted a suspension, now caps fans are gonna switch the narrative to "but he's not dirty, he's never even been suspended for a regular season game!"

And it's gonna be annoying as ****.

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
Necas’ pace is already an asset. great passing, puck handling. processes the game at the right speed. I wonder what he could conceivably improve on if he were on the NHL squad this season.

man, could he actually make the club? getting a good look in this game, 5 on 5, PP, maybe even a PK shift?

edit: boxscore says no shorthanded time.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Man, there has been 4 penalties, 2 Caps and 2 Canes and honestly, all 4 have been so ticky-tac, even by the "new enforcement" rules.

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015

Erik Cole wasn't quite Gauthiers size, but I think he was basically that player your talking about. With him being back in the Canes org now I wonder if he could be a good mentor for Gauthier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad