GDT: Preseason Game 3: Sharks @ Coyotes - 6PM

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
The ushers and security folks must be under some new dress requirement and the whole demeanor has changed for the good.
Bright new sort of orange coats and jackets, they were sharply dressed not like they came to work in clothes that they had slept in as in the past.
As usual, there were massive amounts of empty seats in the arena.
I had an entire row, nearly an entire section to myself and when some young, well intended seat thieves came down and filled in an entire row of seats, a sharply dressed, no nonsense security person immediately came down, challenged them to produce their tickets then scooted them out.
If this is a new way of doing things by AEG and the club then thats a first and very welcomed.
The ushers and security folks were GREAT, sharply dressed and did a GREAT job.
Once again the STH cards were a BUST. Many of my fellow STH's had to go back outside and get a printed ticket.
I had decided to use the ticket that was on my iPhone from the NHL app.
That worked perfectly.
Thats what I'll use the rest of the year.
Another fun night!

Reactions: Lady Macbeth

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
We need to cut every long shot player before the next game. With a totally new staff and such huge roster turnover, we need the actual roster to work through things, gel, and get on the same page. We can't continue to screw around and waste time with the Garlands and Smerecks of the world. This isn't a typically camp where the team is largely the same as last year and the vets can be casual while we screw around and watch youngsters try to make impressions fornnext year. We have to use the little time we have to get the actual NHL club ready for the season.

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
Game Recap

I was at the game.
First off - I hope OEL is ok. Looked to me like he was off balance fighting for position on a race to the puck, he was almost in a sitting position and caught an edge and tweeked his leg. He was holding his knee laying there. He went off the ice under help. No way to tell how serious.

Stepan, Domi and Keller looked really good together. For anyone worried about Keller, no reason to. He's young and made a couple of mistakes. Will likely have some issues based on size along the boards. But his speed is very good. That line had pressure all night.

The zone entry on the power play was impressive. Domi and Keller came up the ice after the drop pass and clean entry most every time, with several different options from the same set.

I really liked Cousins, Dvorak and Fischer together. They played well.

Strome was quiet but he didn't have much for linemates. He played with Garland and Latta for awhile. Tocchet juggled the last two lines a bit in the second half of the game.

Raanta struggled with his rebound control. You could tell he was a little rusty. Didn't get help in front of him a few times.

With the amount of penalties being called - special teams will be important. The would call a weak slash but would ignore an obvious interference call.

Hjalmarsson was good. Schenn with a nice snipe. Smerek was ok. Had some really bad outlet passes in the third period trying to force it up the middle.

Really good - Stepan, Domi, Keller, Cousins, Dvorak, Hjarms
Solid - Richardson, Connauton
Was ok at best - Perlini
Not good looking - Garland, J.Looke at times, Latta was pummeled during his fight

We definitely will be more entertaining, it was obvious we played up tempo at times. We did play a more aggressive forecheck.

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
We need to cut every long shot player before the next game. With a totally new staff and such huge roster turnover, we need the actual roster to work through things, gel, and get on the same page. We can't continue to screw around and waste time with the Garlands and Smerecks of the world. This isn't a typically camp where the team is largely the same as last year and the vets can be casual while we screw around and watch youngsters try to make impressions fornnext year. We have to use the little time we have to get the actual NHL club ready for the season.

I agree. I think we'll see significant cuts today. Just heard Tocch interview. Clear he wasn't happy with performance and, as he said, they've got alot of work to do. Best part: "hockey IQ (Goose) has to kick in at some point."

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I was at the game.
First off - I hope OEL is ok. Looked to me like he was off balance fighting for position on a race to the puck, he was almost in a sitting position and caught an edge and tweeked his leg. He was holding his knee laying there. He went off the ice under help. No way to tell how serious.

Stepan, Domi and Keller looked really good together. For anyone worried about Keller, no reason to. He's young and made a couple of mistakes. Will likely have some issues based on size along the boards. But his speed is very good. That line had pressure all night.

The zone entry on the power play was impressive. Domi and Keller came up the ice after the drop pass and clean entry most every time, with several different options from the same set.

I really liked Cousins, Dvorak and Fischer together. They played well.

Strome was quiet but he didn't have much for linemates. He played with Garland and Latta for awhile. Tocchet juggled the last two lines a bit in the second half of the game.

Raanta struggled with his rebound control. You could tell he was a little rusty. Didn't get help in front of him a few times.

With the amount of penalties being called - special teams will be important. The would call a weak slash but would ignore an obvious interference call.

Hjalmarsson was good. Schenn with a nice snipe. Smerek was ok. Had some really bad outlet passes in the third period trying to force it up the middle.

Really good - Stepan, Domi, Keller, Cousins, Dvorak, Hjarms
Solid - Richardson, Connauton
Was ok at best - Perlini
Not good looking - Garland, J.Looke at times, Latta was pummeled during his fight

We definitely will be more entertaining, it was obvious we played up tempo at times. We did play a more aggressive forecheck.

Forgot about Hjarms. Agree I think he played well. You could really see his high hockey IQ. I also thought Connauton had one of his best games as a Coyote. Heck I prefer him over Gogo at this time.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

I'd be shocked if we don't see 10 or so cuts today and then another big wave after the Anaheim game to leave us with 2-3 bubble guys.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
The ushers and security folks must be under some new dress requirement and the whole demeanor has changed for the good.
Bright new sort of orange coats and jackets, they were sharply dressed not like they came to work in clothes that they had slept in as in the past.
As usual, there were massive amounts of empty seats in the arena.
I had an entire row, nearly an entire section to myself and when some young, well intended seat thieves came down and filled in an entire row of seats, a sharply dressed, no nonsense security person immediately came down, challenged them to produce their tickets then scooted them out.
If this is a new way of doing things by AEG and the club then thats a first and very welcomed.
The ushers and security folks were GREAT, sharply dressed and did a GREAT job.
Once again the STH cards were a BUST. Many of my fellow STH's had to go back outside and get a printed ticket.
I had decided to use the ticket that was on my iPhone from the NHL app.
That worked perfectly.
Thats what I'll use the rest of the year.
Another fun night!
Good call. There was a noticeable change (for the positive) with the in-arena fan experience.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I'd be shocked if we don't see 10 or so cuts today and then another big wave after the Anaheim game to leave us with 2-3 bubble guys.
and for the 3rd straight year, Strome is squarely on that bubble.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
and for the 3rd straight year, Strome is squarely on that bubble.

Only two preseason games. Was +2 and had an assist in the first game, which was audio only. Like rt said, they need to cut the reaches and get the line up to 80% of what it will be, then play Strome with some NHL'ers.

This coming week is going to be telling.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I know he has a strong history of over 50,000 posts here, but does rt really wield that sort of power?

rt is GOD!!!!

Almighty18.jpg

Seriously he was referring to Rick Tocchet.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I know he has a strong history of over 50,000 posts here, but does rt really wield that sort of power?

I said RT, not rt. RT knows a thing or two about hockey because he has seen and thing or two about hockey. rt has only seen a thing or two about hockey.:)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Thought about changing my user name to ALowDoanDirtyShane

I was almost TeenageMuellerNinjaTurris once too. I think it was too long. Thank goodness.

ThunderDomi...MadMax has been tempting (mad max beyond the thunder dome) but again too long.

Need a nice short one like VrbataBing. Something like that.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014

I was almost TeenageMuellerNinjaTurris once too. I think it was too long. Thank goodness.

ThunderDomi...MadMax has been tempting (mad max beyond the thunder dome) but again too long.

You could always change to HH - happy happy.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

With that world famous avatar I figured something along the lines of MonkeyBizNasty. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad