Post-Game Talk: Preseason Game #3 | SABRES @ LEAFS | Fri, Sep 21 @ 7:30pm ET | SportsNet 1 | Scotiabank Arena

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
So after this game, the only players left who will not have played are Loverde and Gardiner and the Marlie Goalies. (And obviously Nylander)

Is Gardiner injured?

Also, with just one more back to back pre season game left after this weekend, probably the last hurrah for the obvious Marlie players in this game, are more cuts coming Monday?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
So after this game, the only players left who will not have played are Loverde and Gardiner and the Marlie Goalies. (And obviously Nylander)

Is Gardiner injured?

Also, with just one more back to back pre season game left after this weekend, probably the last hurrah for the obvious Marlie players in this game, are more cuts coming Monday?

I'm fairly sure Gardiner's wife had a baby very recently

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
In town for other reasons, but grabbed tickets to this game. Looking forward to see Tavares/Marner in person. Would also like to get a good look at Timashov and SDA. I guess the Liljegren/Sandin pairing as well.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
A ducks fan just told me he's fine with a Johnsson for N. Ritchie 1 for 1 swap.

I think Nick Ritchie would be a great complimentary piece for this group of forwards that we have

It's honestly not the worst trade idea I've ever seen. Ritchie has shown the ability in both the OHL and AHL to be a legitimate scoring threat and he has show he has the ability to drive shot attempts/chances in the NHL. I doubt Anaheim does it though as he fits into their "culture" and Johnsson hasn't proved himself outside of the AHL.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Nylander will play tonight. Alex Nylander, that is. Here's the squad Buffalo is bringing.

Based on previous preseason games and practice lines, it'll probably look something like this:

Nylander-Mittelstadt-Thompson
Olofsson-Asplund-Oglevie
Girgensons-Sobotka-Baptiste
Smith-Porter-Cornel
x Okposo, Berglund

Guhle-Nelson
Pilut-Tennyson
Hickey-Redmond
x Ristolainen

Ullmark
Wilcox

Let's hope for no injuries.

EDIT: To reflect tweet that Berglund, Okposo and Ristolainen are scratches.

Last edited:

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
You know one or both of those guys is getting suspended with all the battles they are sure to have in the coming years.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
Hope to see the Sandin - Liljegren pairing again tonight. They looked great together, I envision that as a pairing in the future that will remain together a long time. We'll have a lot of Swedes on our future defense core, in a few years, it could look something like this:

Dermott - Rielly
Sandin - Liljegren
Rosen
- Zaitsev
Borgman

Reactions: Ebbisen

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Forced to sell two tickets for tonight. Anybody wants them, pm me. Sec. 321, row 11. Just want face value back.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
With that Sabre lineup it will basically be a Leaf practice. Hope the Leafs are charging practice prices.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Dahlin is awesome, no doubt.

It's Eichel that's vastly overrated.
This.

As a fan of hockey, I'm really looking forward to watching Dahlin. His highlights are unreal and I wouldn't be surprised if he was the best dman in the league in less than 5 years.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I've watched little pre-season so far but I'm looking forward to this one as all the players I want to see most are playing. :)

SDA, Leivo, Timashov, Liljegren and Sandin. Love it! Oh yeah, Marner too - we'll see him a ton soon enough but I have feeling he's going to be taking it up a notch this season so who knows, maybe we'll see signs of that tonight.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
If this helps limit the amount of times our defenseman try that stretch pass that half the defensemen couldn't make if their lives depended on it I give this a big thumbs up

Agreed. I HATE the constant stretch passes. More often than not they are just an icing or giveaway and it's right back in our end.

Reactions: Kiwi

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Any word on who our scratches are for tonight? I really hope they aren't Liljegren, Sandin or SDA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad