Post-Game Talk: Preseason Game #3 | SABRES @ LEAFS | Fri, Sep 21 @ 7:30pm ET | SportsNet 1 | Scotiabank Arena

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana

:leafs VS :sabres

Preseason Game #3
Friday, September 21 @ 7:30pm ET
Scotiabank Arena

DhCQzaLUwAA4rbV.jpg

GO LEAFS GO

Frederik-Andersen-mask-Leafs.png

The Sabres have been busy this off-season. They acquired Jeff Skinner from the Canes and project him to be playing with Eichel (who now wears a #9 jersey).

They got the #1 draft pick Dahlin this past summer and recently signed Sam Reinhart to a bridge contract.

Anyone have a clue on our line combos for Friday and Sat?

Last edited:

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I realize it's just preseason and we don't know what the Sabres roster will be for tomorrow night, however I would like to see the Leafs win for this reason and when they play them on Saturday night in Buffalo. If the Leafs end up losing I have a feeling some Sabres fans will get so cocky and arrogant because they are already calling Rasmus Dahlin a generational player, even though he didn't have the hype of Crosby and McDavid.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I realize it's just preseason and we don't know what the Sabres roster will be for tomorrow night, however I would like to see the Leafs win for this reason and when they play them on Saturday night in Buffalo. If the Leafs end up losing I have a feeling some Sabres fans will get so cocky and arrogant because they are already calling Rasmus Dahlin a generational player, even though he didn't have the hype of Crosby and McDavid.

Who cares what their fans think after a meaningless preseason game in which we wont even be icing a opening night lineup.

Once the real season starts they'll be a team whos not great and will be lucky to snif the playoffs while we'll be a true contender.

They could beat us 10-0 and it wouldnt effect me one bit.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Who cares what their fans think after a meaningless preseason game in which we wont even be icing a opening night lineup.

Once the real season starts they'll be a team whos not great and will be lucky to snif the playoffs while we'll be a true contender.

They could beat us 10-0 and it wouldnt effect me one bit.
For me personally it comes down to their attitude if the Leafs don't end up winning because some might take it as a chance to say that the Sabres will be better than them, even though we know that's not true.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Hopefully SDA gets into a game

Looking at the defensive line-up I presume Carrick and Marincin will be the 2nd pairing behind Hainsey and Rielly

If that's the case I've got a bad feeling about Carrick's future in the top 6

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Looking at the defensive line-up I presume Carrick and Marincin will be the 2nd pairing behind Hainsey and Rielly

If that's the case I've got a bad feeling about Carrick's future in the top 6

It's apparent Ozhiganov is getting the 6D spot. Carrick is competing with Holl, Rosen, Borgman, Marincin, etc for 1 of the 2 spare player spots

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I'd be shocked. Just soaking in the practice and what not. They need to play the players that have a chance.
I mean, last time they played Clark over him. This time they have the choice between Clune or Greening. None of those guys have a chance

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I mean, last time they played Clark over him. This time they have the choice between Clune or Greening. None of those guys have a chance

I get what you're saying but they are at least AHL players with a 1% chance of earning a NHL level contract (if things get really rough depth wise). SDA has 0% chance of playing for the Leafs.

But maybe he does get a game before getting sent down, who knows.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
It's apparent Ozhiganov is getting the 6D spot. Carrick is competing with Holl, Rosen, Borgman, Marincin, etc for 1 of the 2 spare player spots

If he can't make the top 6 we should look into either trading or waiving Carrick

We've got plenty of those fringe bottom pair types already and if Babcock doesn't want him we should cut bait

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Hopefully SDA gets into a game

my guess:

Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Leivo - Kadri - Brown
Timashov - Mueller - SDA
Engvall - Greening - Clune/Jooris

Rielly - Hainsey
Marincin - Carrick
Sandin - Liljegren
(Nielsen - Subban)

McElhinney
Sparks

Reactions: razkaz

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo

If Dahlin was a Leaf, many, many Leafs' fans would be calling him a generational player. He is easily the best D prospect I have watched play in a long, long time.

Reactions: Zizzzzy

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
If Dahlin was a Leaf, many, many Leafs' fans would be calling him a generational player. He is easily the best D prospect I have watched play in a long, long time.
As we saw the moment Toronto won the draft lottery in 2016 the opinion of Auston Matthews changed and if Toronto had drafted Dahlin I guarantee he would not be called a generational player the way others have said that about him.

Reactions: Walshy7

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
my guess:

Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Leivo - Kadri - Brown
Timashov - Mueller - SDA
Engvall - Greening - Clune/Jooris

Rielly - Hainsey
Marincin - Carrick
Sandin - Liljegren
(Nielsen - Subban)

McElhinney
Sparks
I agree with the projected lineup

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
As we saw the moment Toronto won the draft lottery in 2016 the opinion of Auston Matthews changed and if Toronto had drafted Dahlin I guarantee he would not be called a generational player the way others have said that about him.

That is probably true for many on HF. But Matthews' is as good as he is (which is damn good). Doesn't matter what fanbases say. And Dahlin is as good as he is (which is damn good). Doesn't matter what fanbases say.

Reactions: dsred

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
If he can't make the top 6 we should look into either trading or waiving Carrick

We've got plenty of those fringe bottom pair types already and if Babcock doesn't want him we should cut bait

or. you keep him in the press box as the 7th d, and you have depth.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Carrick is farther down than our 7th defenseman. I'd have Holl, Ozhiganov, Borgman, and Rosen all over him

Oz Borgman and Rosen have the advantage of not needing to clear waivers. Carrick makes sense to leave in the pressbox allowing 2 of the former to play heavy minutes with the Marlies.

Personally I think Oz will be the #6 and Carrick the #7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad