GDT: Preseason Game #3 | Minnesota at Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Bennett just can't help himself :laugh:

With the new coaching staff in here we’re trying to take a second or two more (with the puck) instead of just getting rid of it, getting it in deep,” Bennett said. “A couple times tonight you have that patience and something opens up like the one where Sutter hit the post. I think that’s very suited to my game and my line’s game.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=731879&cmpid=pit-twt-penguins

What was Bortuzzo's injury? Does it appear serious?

No clue. Just said he went down the runway favoring one of his legs.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
For as long as this is the case, I'll give him a pass on "poor play". The drop off in his game is so obvious and so substantial from LD to RD that I cannot understand why the coaches & scouts cannot see this, and keep putting him out there on that side. Let Harrington, or even Maatta or Pouliot, play that side if necessary. Keep Dumo on LD!!

He was making mistakes on the left side of the ice as well tonight. Just one preseason game but looks like he's having trouble with the speed of the NHL.

Despres has obviously had more NHL experience, but he was on a different level tonight.

Aside from that dumbass pass Harrington made to Comeau near the end of the game, he was rock solid.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
He was making mistakes on the left side of the ice as well tonight. Just one preseason game but looks like he's having trouble with the speed of the NHL.

Despres has obviously had more NHL experience, but he was on a different level tonight.

Aside from that dumbass pass Harrington made to Comeau near the end of the game, he was rock solid.

Understood, but was he in fact playing RD for the most part tonight?

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Understood, but was he in fact playing RD for the most part tonight?

They rotated guys around so it's tough to keep track. I'd say he played most of his shifts on RD if I had to guess.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Anyone have a clip of the despres fight?

king-hippo-3-o.gif

Ocoee

Sep 1, 2010
Denver
Not sure if this has been answered anywhere...but why does ESPN still list Sergei Anshakov and Evgeny Isakov as scratches for the Penguins? I last heard of Anshakov when the Pens traded Straka to the Kings and that was all. Is it just because they still own their rights?
(doubtful after this long since they were traded for/drafted)

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Not sure if this has been answered anywhere...but why does ESPN still list Sergei Anshakov and Evgeny Isakov as scratches for the Penguins? I last heard of Anshakov when the Pens traded Straka to the Kings and that was all. Is it just because they still own their rights?
(doubtful after this long since they were traded for/drafted)

They're not worried about sports, they're worried about headlines. They don't care about details anymore. Life gets better when you don't do anything with ESPN.

Sureshot

Thumbs up, soldier!
Apr 7, 2009
Sorry if it's been asked, but caught some of the game on Pens radio today and noticed Lange wasn't announcing. Anyone know why? And who's the other guy that was doing it today? It sounded like Phil Bourque was talking to himself.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
Sorry if it's been asked, but caught some of the game on Pens radio today and noticed Lange wasn't announcing. Anyone know why? And who's the other guy that was doing it today? It sounded like Phil Bourque was talking to himself.

I'm pretty sure that it's only for the pre-season. Lange is coming back for the regular season.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Coach:

-says the same thing we've said about Beau. Like to see him bring that finisher aspect to his game. Go to the net more.
-the off-wing stuff. well said
-he'd like to push Sutter this year and play him with the more skilled guys

[NHL]633366[/NHL]

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh

Lange usually doesn't do all of the preseason games, but he'll be calling the game on Saturday.

The other guy is ex-Caps announcer Steve Kolbe. He replaced Steve Mears on Penguins Radio.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
To be fair to Bylsma, there weren't a lot of options for Sutter this past year as far as skilled guys go.

Everything else, though, he can be killed for

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
MJ calling Hornqvist a RW is interesting. He was pretty firm about that. Bennett, I'd lean towards keeping him on RW, but seeing him wind up in his own zone from the left side and move diagonally through the neutral zone to push defenders back makes me think he could be a LW. I'll keep an open mind in a post-DB era.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad